Stoker

EyeTV Premium EPG not being populated correctly

I have just discovered that the programme guide for UK is not being populated properly even though my subscription is valid until 11/3/2019.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 19.34.43.png

Same here, valid to June 2019 but nothing displayed beyond 7 days ahead and large gaps after 06:00 tomorrow. Seems more like a Gracenote problem.

I thought Geniatech was just giving up on the USA market. If the UK is having guide issues also I wonder how much longer this program will exist. If they are having issues monitoring their product I would have paid a fee to get a 64bit version if it still had all the functions and hardware support of version 3.6.9 (7520). 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, Phillie14586 said:

I thought Geniatech was just giving up on the USA market. If the UK is having guide issues also I wonder how much longer this program will exist. If they are having issues monitoring their product I would have paid a fee to get a 64bit version if it still had all the functions and hardware support of version 3.6.9 (7520). 

WHOAA... WHOooaa.... whOoooaa!!    What is this you say?  Giving up on the U.S. market?  (where eyeTV began, no less)  Where are you at Phillie?  And what have you heard? 

We used free TitanTV before Geniatech nixed the ability.  Since then - our paid TV Guide Service has been chugging along fine without issue for past couple years, so I honestly have had no need to check on things with the eyeTV hardware and software.

I've been following the other topic mentioned, "TV Guide not Updating" for the last two weeks since our EPG went down.  It actually went down a little before that.  But that topic has really gone sideways and now seems more about hacks and workarounds. 

But getting rid of eyeTV & TV Guide in the U.S. would suck - just because it's brainless, easy, and has worked well (better before Geniatech took over) for us.

So what other rumors like this have I missed?

Edited by Placebo

This is all rumor but look at the history since Geniatech bought this software. The first thing they did was drop HDHomeRun support. From my limited information I think that mostly affected the USA market. This could also have something to do with Silicon Dust developing a competitive product to EyeTV. Either way they have pissed off a large section of the US market. Now with the loss of TVGuide it seemed like another slap to the US market. Seeing people in the UK also having EPG problems led me to wonder how well Geniatech can stay in this business.