.eyetv is nothing ore than a package/ folder containing files. One of them is the .mpg file. That contains the recorded program. There are many programs that can convert .mpg to DVD, MKV or whatever. Take a look at www.macupdate.com and you will find several.

Thanks Ton! Maybe there is a better solution for my need. I suffer from a hearing loss in certain frequencies which the Equalizer function in DVD Player corrects very well. Maybe there is an equalizer app that will work  in conjunction with EyeTV that would add that functionality to just playing back the .eyetv recorded program?

www.macupdate.com has a number of programs that do something with an equalizer. Maybe there is one that suits your need.

Remember, you only need the .mpg file within the package/folder and that can be played by many videoplayers.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:23 AM, Holden said:

Is it possible to convert .eyetv files to VIDEO TS files and make them playable with the Mac "DVD Player" application?

Sorry for a late answer but better late than never, eh...

At least it used to be possible to convert .eyetv recordings to DVD images with iTV2DVD [archive.org], maybe to just VIDEO_TS, too. I don't have a clue how well that works anymore (or if at all)... at least Catalina is out of the question. A still working download: iTV2DVD_1.0.6.

You'll need X11 / XQuartz for even a chance to get it working, though.

Edited by tmi