Phillie14586

TV Guide not updating

Anyone else having problems with TV guide? My guide currently goes out to Tuesday at 7:00PM but nothing after that. My subscription goes until Mar. 19. I did a update now and it said downloading and adding channels but still no additional programs.

Edited by Phillie14586
  • Like 3

Yes, I have the same issue. My TV Guide goes out to 5 PM on Tuesday, Feb 5. My subscription is "Active until July 8, 2019".

I have also done updates, and restarted the application, with no change.

• Like 1

Same problem here.  Won't update past 4 PM on Tuesday, Feb. 5.  Tried to update and it downloads and adds programs but still nothing past Tuesday at 4.  Even tried clearing EPG database.  I'm active until October 2019.  

• Like 1

+ 1 Same problem on OS X El Capitan.  3.6.9 (7520) - keeping this version as it works with  SiliconDust HD Home Run.  Subscription good through August 15, 2019

Wondering who to contact to get this fixed?

Edited by chuckles67
  • Like 1

Try submitting a support ticket here:

https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/?Product=eyetv 3

I did that tonight, and promptly received the following reply:

For HDHomerun, 7520 is the last version supporting HdHomeRun.  
          Version 7520 software download site:
            https://www.geniatech.eu/download/eyetv-3-6-9-7520/
          As for the issue of TV Guide, it is a technical issue. We are fixing it. We will inform you immediately once it is back to normal.
          Kind regards,
          Angela 

• Like 2

Thanks Jim Hopefully they sort it out soon.  I have had no problems with version 3.6.9 (7524) other than the most recent TV guide bug but that appeared long after I started using (7524).

Any news?  I too have this problem.  Expiry of TV guide not until July, but no data after Tues Feb 5 7pm.    I am using OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and version 3.6.9 (7520) of EyeTV with HD Home Run. 

Same problem here, no data past Tuesday 2/5.

I've been waiting to update to Mojave, glad to see that a few folks are running EyeTV in 64 bit OS.

Hope this gets fixed soon.  

Mojave works fine for me but does give a warning that eyeTV needs updating.  Apple is still saying that Mojave is the last to support 32 bit so come fall I will need a replacement.

The TVGuide EPG has apparently had problems for weeks (e.g., people not able to sign up or extend subscriptions). I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are screwed, and our EveTVs are now junk.

• Like 1

I don't have much confidence in the TV Guide company. A few years back they abruptly quit providing guide service for broadcast stations. This completely bricked an expensive Sony DVR that I owned, which was designed by total fools without any means of the user setting the date and time. So while it was possible in theory to manually set recordings, it involved complex calculations to convert the real date/time into the DVR's erroneous date/time. This clusterflock was what caused me to start using EyeTV in the first place. I don't understand why EyeTV is not constructing any schedule from the basic EPG data broadcast by the stations. It is supposed to do this and has done this in the past when the guide subscription ran out, so something is seriously amiss.

It may be possible to schedule EyeTV programming using the free TitanTV service, but I have not really tried to get this working. It is at least possible to look up local schedules, though manually setting recordings will not be any picnic.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, Jim W said:

Try submitting a support ticket here:

https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/?Product=eyetv 3

I did that tonight, and promptly received the following reply:

For HDHomerun, 7520 is the last version supporting HdHomeRun.  
          Version 7520 software download site:
            https://www.geniatech.eu/download/eyetv-3-6-9-7520/
          As for the issue of TV Guide, it is a technical issue. We are fixing it. We will inform you immediately once it is back to normal.
          Kind regards,
          Angela 

Promises aside, I see no signs that Geniatech is or will fix this issue. I suggest that everyone submit a ticket as described above, and at least they will know how many (or how few) people are affected.

I also received a follow-up reply to my own ticket. It's disturbing...

We wanted to continue to support HdHomeRun, but things did not go as we expected.
          Therefore, it is a strategic decision from our Management to stop supporting HDHomeRun Devices, as they have no License Agreement and           not any Agreement in place between Silicon Dust and Geniatech.

• Like 1

The fact that TV Guide is also no longer available on the Geniatech web site to me suggests some kind of license/legal dispute between TV Guide and Geniatech. There are free/open source TV guides out there, I wonder if EyeTV can use them (see my 2nd paragraph below). Meanwhile, EyeTV isn't 'junk' as one person suggested above - all other functions work fine, and you can manually program recordings. Cumbersome, but if you know what you want to record it doesn't take very much longer (I have tried it and it works without problem). The Repeat record function should also work, saving some manual programming. Admittedly not a long-term solution but keeps the software working.

TV Guide alternatives: Has anyone in the US tried the "built-in" EPG referred to on pp. 18 & 59 of the EyeTV3 user manual? ("in-stream EPG"). I notice that the EPG column under the Channels window does also offer two other options besides TVGuide: ATSC/OpenCable and xmltv. I wonder if the latter can be configured to give access to open source EPGs? I assume you have to set this option to ATSC/OpenCable to generate the (limited) in-stream program guide.

I have had EyeTv construct a basic EPG from information in the broadcast stream before, but it is not doing that now. I need to review the manual. The information is rudimentary when this feature is working, and it does not go very far into the future, but it behaves otherwise like the guide.

My EyeTV does respond to the scheduling files TitanTV sends to the computer. I have scheduled a couple of programs in this way, and we shall see if they work. Programs scheduled in this way do not seem to show up in the grid, except the time bar up at the top turns pink for the period of time covered. Programs I have scheduled via TitanTV do show up in Schedules. We'll see if they actually record and what info appears in Recordings.

I wonder if these problems have anything with the FCC selling off local frequencies, requiring some translators and stations to go to new frequencies, and requiring EyeTV to rescan. Information given to local stations seems quite vague, i.e. "sometime after the first of the year." So far, the stations affected in my area have either not received new frequencies or are still off the air. No doubt the idiotic sh!tdown of the gubmit is not helping this situation. I'll post results of my experiments.

screenshot_349.jpg.7519d26311a38b933c59708a824b7b8f.jpgscreenshot_348.thumb.jpg.f32eca67254bfef359c07596a11d85d3.jpg

screenshot_347.jpg

Edited by Earl Noe

I have gotten TitanTV to work, but there is an incompatibility in the channel formats with my cable system, which prevents some channels' schedules from being set correctly. Plus, the TitanTV schedule doesn't include all the channels on my system or accurate program info for an important local station. It takes a lot of time to set schedules this way

I'd prefer to continue with the Guide as it is, but I'm trying to work out some fallback methods in case the company has just capriciously decided to stop supplying guide information, as they did for broadcast stations. Manual programming is no picnic either.

Changed to ATSC and have listings for tonight.  Most channel listings stop at 1am so not a good option for scheduling recordings.

Time to try Plex again.

• Like 1