Phillie14586

TV Guide not updating

42 minutes ago, DC Rackerby said:

I just noticed that the "eyeTV Premium EPG service" web page no longer has the "TV Guide" logo:

https://www.geniatech.eu/product/tv-guide/

Sure would be nice to know what's going on.

I wonder if they're cooking up their own system (based on somebody's EPG). Buy why bother keeping current licensees informed? Vaporware is better than nowhere.

• Like 1

No response on my (older) support ticket, but it only took a week for Geniatech to reply to a Facebook message with:  

"Sorry for any inconvenience, the databases error was / is bigger then expected - is about get fixed this week, sure we will add 4 weeks to all subscriptions for compensation, again sorry for any inconvenience"

Wondering how many people are sitting in the garage in China that are actually working on this.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dave1Temp said:

No response on my (older) support ticket, but it only took a week for Geniatech to reply to a Facebook message with:  

"Sorry for any inconvenience, the databases error was / is bigger then expected - is about get fixed this week, sure we will add 4 weeks to all subscriptions for compensation, again sorry for any inconvenience"

Wondering how many people are sitting in the garage in China that are actually working on this.

Well, you know, they have all of our email addresses. An acknowledgement of the problem and progress notification would have been nice before we all hammered the heck out of the company. A little communication goes a long way. Grumble, grumble...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1Temp said:

Thanks all for the TitanTV responses. I made a point in my support ticket to just ask how I go about receiving a refund on the unused portion of my 2019 payment good through September 19th. Nice to see the next post quoting the response on Facebook about subscription extensions!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Holden said:

Total non-programmer user here and the solution that seems to have evolved after lots of diligent and thoughtful work seems daunting to me. Has anyone figured out how to modify the EyeTV software to make TitanTV work which I used successfully in the pre-TVGuide EyeTV era as brief as it was? TitanTV is no longer a selectable *source* in the EyeTV software's Guide "Service" Pull-down window....

Same here. I got good results by going to the XML TV website, www.xmltvlistings.com, and signing up for their free trial. I downloaded the xml file for my area. Go to the guide tab in EyeTV prefs and select "none." Quit EyeTV and then drag the file you downloaded onto the EyeTV icon in the Finder. EyeTV should start and load the file. In Channels, change TVGuide to xmltv in the dropdown for each channel. A list should appear, prompting you to choose a channel in your area for the channel in EyeTV. The names may not be identical to the ones in Channels, but you can figure out by comparing the names, call letters and provider info which one corresponds to the one in your  Channels. When you click "assign" listings for that channel will propagate in your grid. Do this for each channel in Channels, and Bob's your uncle. The listings seem indistinguishable to me from the ones provided by TVGuide. You will have to manually download a new xml file every couple of weeks but you will not go nuts trying to figure out where to dropped a space or left out a character in a script. I am hoping the assignments will stick, but so far I have only done this once. A year is about $20. Good luck.

6 hours ago, DC Rackerby said:

I just noticed that the "eyeTV Premium EPG service" web page no longer has the "TV Guide" logo:

https://www.geniatech.eu/product/tv-guide/

Sure would be nice to know what's going on.

I visited the above site and noticed that the product is listed as being "out of stock".  Perhaps a tacit acknowledgement that it is not working?

Hello Millstadt Weber. DC Rackerby suggested trashing the .dat file to get rid of the "missing user' error and that was correct. Thank you to Dc Rackerby too! Not just for fixing that error but starting the whole thread of making the xmltv download work!!

The anomaly I have now is when I attempt to use the -J in Terminal it stops in the middle and asks for a lineup. I have pasted the output of the terminal below.

personamini2011:scripts mark$ ./mc2xml -J username:password -c us -g zip 92111

Loading ..... : mc2xml (c) <mc2xml@gmail.com> (v1.6)

Reminder .... : Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.

Reminder .... : If this software is useful, please donate!

Connecting .. : schedulesdirect.org

Select lineup:

0: AFN Satellite - Satellite (USA) (Satellite)

1: DIRECTV - Satellite (USA) (Satellite)

2: DISH Network - Satellite (USA) (Satellite)

3: Directv Now (National) (IPTV)

4: GLORYSTAR - Satellite (USA) (Satellite)

5: HDHomeRun Premium TV - East (National) (IPTV)

6: HDHomeRun Premium TV - West (National) (IPTV)

7: HDHomeRun Premium TV E (National) (IPTV)

8: HDHomerun Premium TV P (National) (IPTV)

9: Hulu (National) (IPTV)

10: Philo (National) (IPTV)

11: RELAYTV - Satellite (USA) (Satellite)

12: Sling TV (National) (IPTV)

13: Sony PSVue (National) (IPTV)

14: Vidgo (National) (IPTV)

15: You Tube TV (National) (IPTV)

[mc2xml] (0-15): 6

Account status: Expires 2020-02-12T22:41:48Z

Account status: 2/4 lineups

Preparing ... : 45 stations, 1 thread

Downloading . : schedules (1) .

Preparing ... : 11959 programs, 4 threads

Downloading . : programs (6) ......

Downloaded .. : 3620181 bytes in 12s

Parsing ..... : HDHomeRun Premium TV - West (National)

Start time .. : 2019-02-12T00:00:00 UTC

End time .... : 2019-03-04T00:00:00 UTC

Writing ..... : xmltv.xml

Writing ..... : mc2xml.dat

Completed ... : 29804386 bytes in 48s, 45 channels, 21690 programs scheduled.

personamini2011:scripts mark$

As you can see here:

[mc2xml] (0-15): 6

I chose the West since I am in PST but it did not produce the desired result. Opening the xmltv file with bbedit shows lots of this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-name="Schedules Direct" generator-info-name="mc2xml" generator-info-url="mailto:mc2xml@gmail.com">
    <channel id="I1010.60222.schedulesdirect.org">
        <display-name>1010 QVCHD</display-name>
        <display-name>1010</display-name>
        <display-name>QVCHD</display-name>
        <display-name>QVC HD</display-name>
        <display-name>QVC</display-name>
        <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s60222_h3_aa.png" width="360" height="270" />
    </channel>

So far I am still using the -T but it would be nice to get the -J working. Thank you for taking the time to post back!!

Cheers,

Mark

18 hours ago, Earl Noe said:

"Mosaic" besides being a noun, is an adjective that also means "pertaining to Moses."

Stop waisting everyone's time with nonsens messages.

markl  remove the letters zip 

don't use this:   ./mc2xml -J username:password -c us -g zip 92111

use this:             ./mc2xml -J username:password -c us -g 92111

make sure to remove the mc2xml.dat and xmltv.xml  files before redoing the mc2xml procedure

• Like 1

Yep. Rookie mistake. It did however ask for a lineup again but this time one of the choices was "#2 Antenna". I did not see it initially and chose #6 again which produced a 400mb file. I threw away the .dat an xmltv file again, reran it in terminal and chose 2 and it produced a 30mb file. Reran it again and it apparently remembered my choice of channel lineup in the .dat file and ran it without question. Very nice! Thank you for finding my typo! I now have episode information! !

Hello everyone. Attached is a word document that outlines all the steps I have used to get xmltv to work for me. I couldn't have done it without the help of each of you on this forum. A big thank you.  Look it over and if you see any mistakes or can make better suggestions, then let me know.

xmltv.docx

9 hours ago, Millstadt Weber said:

Hello everyone. Attached is a word document that outlines all the steps I have used to get xmltv to work for me. I couldn't have done it without the help of each of you on this forum. A big thank you.  Look it over and if you see any mistakes or can make better suggestions, then let me know.

xmltv.docx

Thanks for your work and recap of the procedures. One shortcut I took to automating the updates was using Launchd Task Scheduler, available in the App Store:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/launchd-task-scheduler/id620249105?mt=12 after making an automator script application. 

9 hours ago, Millstadt Weber said:

xmltv.docx

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to create this. When I eventually get tired of manually loading xmltv schedules, I will have a systematic guide to automating the process thanks to your generosity.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, Dave1Temp said:

My Support ticket response from Angela at Geniatech:

Hello Holden,

Thank you for your request. Sorry for the inconvenience. We just come back from our Spring Festival Holidays. It is a technical issue. which will take us a few days to fix it. We will keep you informed. Please wait with patience.

Kind regards,

Angela

If the Spring Festival is the one where copious quantities of beer are consumed , maybe that is a factor in the delay. 🙂

1 minute ago, Holden said:

My Support ticket response from Angela at Geniatech:

Hello Holden,

Thank you for your request. Sorry for the inconvenience. We just come back from our Spring Festival Holidays. It is a technical issue. which will take us a few days to fix it. We will keep you informed. Please wait with patience.

Kind regards,

Angela

If the Spring Festival is the one where copious quantities of beer are consumed , maybe that is a factor in the delay. 🙂

The Geniatech US website (https://shop.geniatech.us) had a notice for weeks that they were not taking orders until Feb 13 because of holidays. I suspect they just got back and had spent no time working on this up until now.  

20 minutes ago, Holden said:

If the Spring Festival is the one where copious quantities of beer are consumed , maybe that is a factor in the delay

Careful now! You may get scolded for wasting people's time making humorous comments!

I am still having a problem getting the launch agent to run. I did find a missing line when I reviewed the Word file Weber posted. I have generated the .pist file in 2 ways. First I opened a new project in Xcode which generated a info.plist file. I edited that file to what I needed and put it in the username/library/launchagent folder. The second way was to just make a textedit file and change the .rtf extension to .plist. I changed the time to 16 hour which should be 4:00pm. Then changed the minutes for each new trial run. I then restarted my computer. Waited for the time to pass and no new .xml file. I even tried removing the .xml file to see if it was just not updating the old one. Interestingly finder cannot preview the files I changed form .rtf to .plist but it can preview other .plist files.

2 hours ago, Phillie14586 said:

I am still having a problem getting the launch agent to run.

First, see if your launch agent file is named correctly...

From a Terminal prompt enter the following:

ls -l ~/Library/LaunchAgents/

Second, see if your launch agent is running...

From a Terminal prompt enter the following:

launchctl list | grep com.username

(launchctl stands for Launch daemon Control)

5 hours ago, Phillie14586 said:

The second way was to just make a textedit file and change the .rtf extension to .plist.

So did you try to make the Text Edit file "Plain Text" before changing the extension?

RTF (Rich Text File) has embedded characters for formatting.

I have the same issue. Contacted support and was told that there is a problem with the server that supplies the TV Guide and they are working on fixing it. That was 4 days ago.😟