Phillie14586

TV Guide not updating

I am also using the "JSON" service. This gives you data very similar to TVGuide. The other service lacks season and episode data. This is the -J tag not the -T tag when downloading the EPG.

8 hours ago, EYEMISSELGATO said:

I'm using the "JSON" service at Schedulesdirect.com. Works great for me.

I could not figure out how to use this.  Wanted to but had no idea what the site was talking about.  Approved apps?  Didn't see eyetv.  I did try to download something, but excel wanted to open it up, but then said it couldn't because of a problem with one of the fields.

]

5 minutes ago, oneof52 said:

I could not figure out how to use this.  Wanted to but had no idea what the site was talking about.  Approved apps?  Didn't see eyetv.  I did try to download something, but excel wanted to open it up, but then said it couldn't because of a problem with one of the fields.

There is a second source of EPG data that EyeTV can use for North America, xmltvlistings.com. It lacks season/episode info, but is otherwise just like TV Guide and is much more user friendly than schedulesdirect.org (and a bit cheaper). I compiled and posted a step by step guide on how to use it and posted it in this discussion thread; look back through previous responses and you'll find it. It has worked perfectly for me. [note: if you don't want to get involved in the small amount of programming that this site requires to run automated like you were used to with TV Guide, xmltvlistings also gives you the manual option of a one-click download of a 7-day schedule (the one you can program goes 14 days out). After some one-time setup in EyeTV, you drag the downloaded file onto the EyeTV icon and you're done. Good luck.]

49 minutes ago, WisconsinEric said:

]

There is a second source of EPG data that EyeTV can use for North America, xmltvlistings.com. It lacks season/episode info, but is otherwise just like TV Guide and is much more user friendly than schedulesdirect.org (and a bit cheaper). I compiled and posted a step by step guide on how to use it and posted it in this discussion thread; look back through previous responses and you'll find it. It has worked perfectly for me. [note: if you don't want to get involved in the small amount of programming that this site requires to run automated like you were used to with TV Guide, xmltvlistings also gives you the manual option of a one-click download of a 7-day schedule (the one you can program goes 14 days out). After some one-time setup in EyeTV, you drag the downloaded file onto the EyeTV icon and you're done. Good luck.]

That is what I am using now.  Simple.  Kept getting error codes on the script editor (automater) so am just manually downloading.

1 hour ago, oneof52 said:

Don't need to worry about the approved apps. Don't know where you are in the process, but here is the guide put together by others listing the step by step process. There are many posts about this throughout this TV Guide thread...

2nd version of schedules direct .pdf

2nd version of schedules direct with mistakes.pages 2nd version of schedules direct with mistakes.pdf

Edited by EYEMISSELGATO
mistake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oneof52 said:

To answer your specific question, on the signup page for Schedulesdirect, choose "Non-distributed" and personal research way at the bottom. 

Non-distributed:
  • Personal research
  • Personal research (XMLTV)

One of the previous posts said that mc2xml will not work with MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).  Is this really true, and is there no way around it (short of upgrading the MacOS, to Lion, which I would rather not do)?  This is the main reason I have not tried SchedulesDirect.

2 hours ago, UnixGuy said:

One of the previous posts said that mc2xml will not work with MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).  Is this really true, and is there no way around it (short of upgrading the MacOS, to Lion, which I would rather not do)?  This is the main reason I have not tried SchedulesDirect.

I have it running on my old Mac mini running snow leopard so I would say it is not true. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, EYEMISSELGATO said:

Bye Bye. I looked out there, and it is hard to find recording software as flexible and powerful for the mac as Eyetv. I suppose I could have spent hundreds of dollars to start over for my 2 locations and three computers...or spend a few hours to have a complete solution. For free. Adios. Good luck. 

We have two macs strictly for media running EyeTV, but NEVER said I was abandoning EyeTv software, the app.  Just their crummy servicing of TV Guide, which they're obviously doing while robbing customer's of their subscription fee, which by the way - I demanded full refund and successfully received it by going through PayPal.

I just dropped back to this post to see if anything new had happened, and see nothing has, confirmed by my quick check to download TV Guide EPG. And the notorious quotes are still being given by what seems to be the only support agent, Angela, who ever replies to the issue.  

I see again she's saying - it's almost done.  WHATEVER!   They've been saying the same thing for almost 1 & ½ months now.  I use to get told - we'll let you know in a couple days.  Then they'd say - the problem will be corrected at the end of the week. WHATEVER

They've shown no effort, no good actions with the situation, nor given any reason to believe they're fixing the issue, or even working on the issue.  There is absolutely NO way this kind of issue would take 2 months to correct.  I'd only suggest - people demand and get a full refund.  

6 hours ago, Placebo said:

We have two macs strictly for media running EyeTV, but NEVER said I was abandoning EyeTv software, the app.  Just their crummy servicing of TV Guide, which they're obviously doing while robbing customer's of their subscription fee, which by the way - I demanded full refund and successfully received it by going through PayPal.

I just dropped back to this post to see if anything new had happened, and see nothing has, confirmed by my quick check to download TV Guide EPG. And the notorious quotes are still being given by what seems to be the only support agent, Angela, who ever replies to the issue.  

I see again she's saying - it's almost done.  WHATEVER!   They've been saying the same thing for almost 1 & ½ months now.  I use to get told - we'll let you know in a couple days.  Then they'd say - the problem will be corrected at the end of the week. WHATEVER

They've shown no effort, no good actions with the situation, nor given any reason to believe they're fixing the issue, or even working on the issue.  There is absolutely NO way this kind of issue would take 2 months to correct.  I'd only suggest - people demand and get a full refund.  

Sorry for misinterpreting you when you said, "At any rate... I am OUT OF HERE for good.  They've pulled the cork, so I'm getting out before the ship completely goes down.  Off to find another hardware/software service.  CIAO"  

Welcome back!

On 3/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, EYEMISSELGATO said:

Sorry for misinterpreting you when you said, "At any rate... I am OUT OF HERE for good.  They've pulled the cork, so I'm getting out before the ship completely goes down.  Off to find another hardware/software service.  CIAO"  

Welcome back!

I came back to forum for a different conversation.

As to this post -- I misspoke earlier out of frustration.  "Done"... meaning more with...  the software, or as in the EPG, and... well truthfully - this forum topic.

Because it seems there was no actual reply to the actual topic - I can't quite help to believe it was just done with a level of sarcastic spite or malice.

You're backhanded type of poking, response is really - why I don't like joining forums.  But sure, ok - I'll take the patronizing "welcome back."  Thanks - @EYEMISSELGATO

NOW... Ive made certain I've turned off notifications.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:42 AM, EYEMISSELGATO said:

Welcome back!

I suggest everybody takes a look at either TV-Moasic (runs on a lot of platforms) or TVHeadend (runs on most NASses). Both do not offer 100% of all EyeTV features but do a very good job. And more important, the support of TV-Moasic is superb.

It is easy to use products next to each other. So you can have a try out.

BTW: the support of El Gato was only in the starting years better.Their last years they gave almost no support at all. So it looks like Geniatech is largely the same population as was. I wonder how many people there are in their support department. According to the website is looks like over 15 but in praxis I am afraid it is limited to 1 or 2 persons.

Edited by Ton

3 hours ago, Ton said:

It is easy to use products next to each other. So you can have a try out.

Thanks for your suggestions. Has anyone else here tried TV Mosaic? I didn't see a guide for North America.

7 minutes ago, Earl Noe said:

Thanks for your suggestions. Has anyone else here tried TV Mosaic? I didn't see a guide for North America.

I suspect Ton is not in North America, neither of those solutions would work for us. There are products like Channels and Plex for Homerun, Tablo is a solution for us, Amazon has a system now that will record OTA and send it to your tv's. Amazon's solution includes free lifetime program guide. Tivo will work. None of them work like EYETV, though, through the Mac. And you will have to start over and replace all your hardware with new hardware for at least 100 dollars or more, and (except for Amazon) pay even more per year for a program guide. 

It is interesting that more companies are entering this space, providing OTA and even cable card DVR capabilities and whole house solutions, while Eyetv languishes and has just about withdrawn from the North American Market. The replacement program guide systems that the forum has detailed will keep your Eyetv hardware working indefinitely. It would be nice if Geniatech actually "restores" the program guide function, but those who spend their time asking for a refund of a few dollars instead of just fixing it themselves may be waiting indefinitely. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EYEMISSELGATO said:

I suspect Ton is not in North America, neither of those solutions would work for us.

Thanks. I suspected this might be the case. I've been lazy about automating xmltv listings. Mañana. Do you know why the manual download covers such a short span of programming?

glad to hear they

10 hours ago, EYEMISSELGATO said:

t is interesting that more companies are entering this space, providing OTA and even cable card DVR capabilities and whole house solutions, while Eyetv languishes and has just about withdrawn from the North American Market. The replacement program guide systems that the forum has detailed will keep your Eyetv hardware working indefinitely. It would be nice if Geniatech actually "restores" the program guide function, but those who spend their time asking for a refund of a few dollars instead of just fixing it themselves may be waiting indefinitely. 

Been using this since 2010 - I’ve got two program guide subscriptions with 8 months left. I’m not going to bother asking for a refund. Hoping they are actually working on a fix. I’m getting by with the atsc guide and manual set ups for now.

It’s a bummer when you have a nice hardware software solution that gets shelved or ignored because the company can’t make money on it. Had that happen with a telephony solution a few years ago, never could replicate that with anything else.  At least eyeTV has alternate solutions.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, Earl Noe said:

I think TV-Mosaic is really more for Europe.  TV Adviser the Guide system is European only.   If you go for TV-Mosaic Plus then can use XMLTV Feed as TV Guide.

Otherwise is designed to pull programme information from the DVB Broadcast itself.   XMLTV easy to setup but don't know reliability of 

I have moved to TV Mosaic myself on a Sinology NAS with my HDHomerun Tuner.

You can install the system on Mac OS however I found on Mojave/MM2018 combo that doesn't like the sleep and didn't record more then 12 minutes.   If MM not sleep then recorded fine.

So Bought a cheap Sinology 118 and use that for TV Recordings.

Configure via WebUI

Have App on iPad for setting recordings.

Not quite as good/reliable as EyeTV was ( on older version on MM2009 for HDHomerun support ) as would copy files to MP 2010 then export from a second copy with no recorder/listings copy of EyeTV into Apple ProRes Format then import FCP X to edit.

Now have to find a Video Convertor to transcode the .TS into ProRes

If in Europe, I am in the UK then great product, only really has DVB support wether DVB-T/DVB-T2/DVB-S/DVB-S2 or DVB-C so not sure if would work with ATSC tuners.  

11 hours ago, mcnallym said:

Now have to find a Video Convertor to transcode the .TS into ProRes

You can let TV-Mosaic Pro output .MKV or .MP4 instead of the .TS.

I filled out a new "support ticket" demanding a refund and received this reply from "Angela"...

>  Hello Holden                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

>  Sorry for the inconvenience.

>  The restoration has been completed. We are testing it now. We will inform you

>  immediately once it is finished testing.

>  Kind regards,

>  Angela

>  Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

I'm going to give it one more week and then start working with PayPal to get my money back,

This the reply from PP when I requested a refund. I should have filed a claim when TV guide quit working in Jan/Feb.

I missed my window of opportunity by a few days!🤬

logo_emailheader_113wx46h.gif

Hello James

We received the case(s) you filed on March 12, 2019.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). Cases must be filed within 180 days from the date of the transaction. The decision to deny was made because the case was submitted after the 180-day deadline. Therefore, we are unable to offer a resolution toward this matter at this time.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-26

Transaction Amount: €25.17 EUR

Dispute Amount: €25.17 EUR

Transaction ID: 7GN58

Transaction Date: September 7, 2018

Thanks,

PayPal

Way back when I started using EyeTV USB we were lucky to have Titan TV guide for free, it always worked, it had remote scheduling for EyeTV(and still does) Please allow me to use TitanTV again for my EPG! When ElGato switched to TVGuide the problems began times were wrong on half the channels by 3 hrs and sometimes the guide was totally in accurate as in they seemed to only get data once a week. Thankfully I was refunded my TVguide subscription almost fully. PLEASE bring back TitanTV I still have my account with them.