Darko

Trouble Signing Up For EyeTV Forum?

It's taken me 2 weeks to finally figure out a way to sign up for the forum, so I figured I'd share in case there's others having similar difficulties.

Registering for the forum requires that a verification email be sent to you, but it seems that the email from the forum gets blocked my many email hosts. It just doesn't show up – not in spam, nowhere. 

I tried emails from iCloud, gmail, Yahoo and my business email that's hosted by Zoho. No luck with any of them. So, today, I decided to get an account from Mail.com and voila the verification email came through. It went to spam, but it was there.

Anyway, just keep trying email addresses until one of them works, I guess.

I had a similar problem.  In my case, I thought it might be because I had signed up before but forgot the password.  However, the email to reset the password never arrived, and setting ip a new account didn't work either, until I used a new email address.  In my case, the second one I tried worked.

Thanks Darko, your suggestion worked! Mail.com received the verification email and I am finally logged into this forum (for what it is worth, sigh).

Ditto that, and thanks to Darko for the Mail.com suggestion.

I tried my icloud and two gmail addresses and the EyeTv mail never arrived. The Mail.com signup was brief and painless and the EyeTV confirmation showed up in less than 2 minutes.

So can someone confirm for me if the Forum signup is different from the EyeTV account signup?

6 hours ago, jpmist27 said:

So can someone confirm for me if the Forum signup is different from the EyeTV account signup?

Yes, they are different.  I'm wondering if that is somehow related to the email--not problem, though, if the same email address is used.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, UnixGuy said:

Yes, they are different.  I'm wondering if that is somehow related to the email--not problem, though, if the same email address is used.

Thanks for that! Saves me a lot of confusion.