Gene

EyeTV won't delete recordings

Hello I am using

EyeTV 3.6.9

Mac OSX El Capitan

Everything has run well for years. Now I notice that when I delete a recording everything seems fine in EyeTV. But, if I close EyeTV and restart it the deleted shows come right back and come back as unviewed. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue?

I'm having the same problem.  It doesn't work from the menu and it doesn't work if you click on the little trash can icon.

EyeTV 4.0.0

Mac OS 10.14.6

Randy Kaempen

I had this problem when I updated to Mojave. I'd done a clean install of the system software and used the migration assistant to transfer all my old data. My EyeTV Archive folder was on a separate drive though.

I guessed that it might be a problem with the permissions of that folder. So I selected the EyeTV Archive folder in the Finder, went to Get Info, clicked the lock in the bottom right corner (requires password) and made sure that the "Privilege" setting for all the Names listed was "Read & Write" although it might only be necessary that your user name is read and write. I then clicked on the preferences icon and selected "Apply to enclosed items…". A pop up then asks if you're sure you want to do this and reminds you that it can't be undone.

I'm using EyeTV 3, so not sure if this will work in your situation.

Perhaps a way to test this before doing anything is to go to the archive folder and try and put a file you want deleted into the trash. If it asks you for a password, then that might be a sign that it is a permissions problem. This is just a guess though.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 6.44.54 PM.png