eyekey

64 Bit support

The only updates I see are for the (very ugly) Windows version. I hope, that guy will never be involved in the Mac-version of EyeTV.

So there will be only one month until the beta for the next macOS will come out.

Can we expect a 64 Bit EyeTV version for that? - I doubt it.

Can we expect a 64 Bit EyeTV version for macOS 10.15 in October? - I doubt it.

Well... then EyeTV is dead.

Is there anything else, you can use on macOS?

22 hours ago, eyekey said:

Can we expect a 64 Bit EyeTV version for macOS 10.15 in October? - I doubt it.

Well... then EyeTV is dead.

Is there anything else, you can use on macOS?

Considering we're at 3 months past the TV Guide debacle with only a beta version of EyeTV to address it, I'd say your pessimism is justified. 

But I'm sure I'm not alone in having a dedicated Mini to keep on whatever 32 bit MacOS version you like on it just to run EyeTV. I've been running my TV as a Mac Desktop for over 15 years and I see nothing on the streaming box horizon to change that. 

Fortunately old 2012 Mini's which are easily upgraded last quite a long time and run just fine with older OS's. They're easy and cheap to find on eBay so, that's my recommendation for ya . . .

On 5/21/2019 at 9:14 PM, jpmist27 said:

Considering we're at 3 months past the TV Guide debacle with only a beta version of EyeTV to address it, I'd say your pessimism is justified. 

But I'm sure I'm not alone in having a dedicated Mini to keep on whatever 32 bit MacOS version you like on it just to run EyeTV. I've been running my TV as a Mac Desktop for over 15 years and I see nothing on the streaming box horizon to change that. 

Fortunately old 2012 Mini's which are easily upgraded last quite a long time and run just fine with older OS's. They're easy and cheap to find on eBay so, that's my recommendation for ya . . .

I'm using a Mini as TV recorder using ScreenShare to acces it. It's hidden away. Running MacOS 10.12.6.

You can use IINA https://iina.io to view the EyeTV recordings. It just works as a charme. And it's 64 bit.  😁

While I Believe that eyetv is about to become a much loved product from our past,  there is a part of me that is hopeful that the long lag in getting the TV Guide back running is because they are actually devoting their energy into creating a 64 bit version of the software.

" they are actually devoting their energy into creating a 64 bit version of the software."

You are a standup comedian? 

• Haha 2

Meanwhile TV on Mac and PC ist a niche. There is no doubt about it. The thing I don't understand they still sell Hardware with a (formerly) great piece of software. And we all now the the software won't work anymore from Q4/2019 on. What was their intention when they bought EyeTV from Elgato? Why is there no official member of Geniatech to do public relations. This forum produces so much displeasure. Why not telling people either:

a) Hey guys, go away the Mac story ends up here!

b) Look there is a screenshot of EyeTV 4 for Mac - but still takes some time to finish. AND you will have to pay some money for it.

Is it that hard to talk to the people that pay your salary?

• Like 2

I'm beginning to think Giniatech is going to dump these systems when Catalina comes out.  I don't think they're doing anything to update to 64 bit.  They're just milking a dying cow.

21 hours ago, OldGoat said:

I'm beginning to think Giniatech is going to dump these systems when Catalina comes out.  I don't think they're doing anything to update to 64 bit.  They're just milking a dying cow.

Yep.   😩

They just released 7528 which moved to a new guide and put back HDHomeRun support so they haven't abandoned the software yet.  So still hoping for 64 bit.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, Stuff said:

... released 7528 ...

Yes indeed, but I had to go back to 7524, because the lead and follow-up recording time was broken/ignored. I don't know how it is named in english locale. It's the additional recording time before and after the actually programming and absolutely mandatory for me.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Ton said:

If you go to Preferences and set the pre- and post recording anew then it works fine.

Of course I tried, but doesn't worked for me. Hmm, strange...

I had 5 & 30 minutes, so I set that to 2 & 15, closed preferences (to be sure it was written), reopened and set it to5 & 30. Worked.

I had 5 & 30 minutes, so I set that to 2 & 15, closed preferences (to be sure it was written), reopened and set it to5 & 30. Worked. An alternative would to set the wanted values directly in the .Plist.

• Thanks 1

Indeed, "changing -> changing back -> closing" wasn't enough, but "changing -> closing -> changing back -> closing" works. Thanks Ton!

These old discussion threads are now quite long, making current topics hard to find. So I just started a new topic under Discussions "EyeTV 3 Version 7528 release Experiences" so we can focus discussion of the new version there and make it easier for people to find. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 1:39 PM, Ton said:

I had 5 & 30 minutes, so I set that to 2 & 15, closed preferences (to be sure it was written), reopened and set it to5 & 30. Worked. An alternative would to set the wanted values directly in the .Plist.

In which .plist this can be set? And how?

Thank you!

Edited by elchdergrosse

Find "prepad" and "postpad" in com.elgato.eyetv.plist and change that to the wanted value. I do not advice this way unless you really know/understand what you are doing. (but then you didn't/t have to ask this question!)

Better is to use the official preferences.

Edited by Ton

28 minutes ago, Mikyesun said:

check.

Wow! I am a little bit stunned. And happy. And a little bit angry. If you guys just would have said one word, all this bit**ing around in the forums never had escalated. I never understand why companies do not talk to their customers.

Well... But I am glad EyeTv4 is happening.

And thanks for using my flat theme I posted on Deviant-art a few years ago. :) (or is it just coincidence that it looks exactly the same :)) )

• Like 2

Fantastic, EyeTV 4 is coming, it has been awaited for several years, but late is better than never.  🤓

Edited by Gnyffe