Gnappo

macOS Catalina 10.15

If you want to get legal, a claim of misleading advertising is only relevant if the inaccurate information was available to the purchaser at the time of purchase. If it wasn't, then they didn't purchase the item based on that advertising so there is no recourse.

My thoughts are logical. Which admittedly may appear weird to some who don't think that way.

You are grasping at straws, and they are breaking.

I don't know about Catalina, but on most Macs you need to type an admin password in order to install an app in the Applications folder.  It should ask for the password.  The admin (or root) password is something you set when you start up a new Mac for the first time.

If for some reason you don't have an admin password, you can usually install an app in some folder under the Users area, and it should be possible to start it from there. 

Hello, I am on 10.5.1 Catalina! and the Beta EYE TV4 seems to work fine for now!

Asking for the Driver device update message sen on previous version, is not seen any more.!

Update software request on previous version Error "update was not found!" please try later

not sure if this was ok on the beta.

Edited by Siggi

The play bar doesn't work, its impossible to navigate in the video with cursor back like in version 3. It Works only  in the first minute of job, after the bar become crazy. I have 1 tera of space free and the buffer is 2 gb.  OS is Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88). EyeTV 4.0.0b8 (8511)

Edited by Pippo

Trying to update to 8512:

After downloading appear alert: 

"Update error!
An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later."

Cancel update

click and appear:

An error occurred while relaunching EyeTV, but the new version will be available next time you run EyeTV.

Cancle update

I've managed to download EyeTV4 beta and, whilst it obviously is a work in progress, a major flaw is maximum view doesn't actually cover the full screen. The result is energy saver will shut the screen down at the allotted time.  My other concern is the current dongle (third one purchased) is only 8 months old.  I'll be very annoyed if 4 isn't a free upgrade and, in Australian consumer law at least, my purchase should be supported for 12 months.

Can anybody tell me where I do find the beta download? I'm willing to try it again although if have little hope that it will run then. I have an iMac macOS Catalina 10.15 and since the last update I can't see any live TV anymore. The Hybrid Stick for DVB-C (also DVB-T/T2) doesn't work anymore. When I tried it with any beta version somewhere here from this site I just saw a black screen with a big ! and 6:9 in the upper left corner. Thats all. Greetings from Germany.

3 hours ago, Sibylle said:

Can anybody tell me where I do find the beta download? I'm willing to try it again although if have little hope that it will run then. I have an iMac macOS Catalina 10.15 and since the last update I can't see any live TV anymore. The Hybrid Stick for DVB-C (also DVB-T/T2) doesn't work anymore. When I tried it with any beta version somewhere here from this site I just saw a black screen with a big ! and 6:9 in the upper left corner. Thats all. Greetings from Germany.

Click on "Mikyesun replied to a topic"

55 minutes ago, augenschmaus said:

Beta is out. You can buy now the full version V4.

But be careful, although beta time is out, my freshly bought V4 crashes after ten seconds! Continuously!

Have you tried using EyeTV Reporter 4  to completely uninstall, reboot, do a new install and reboot again?

( Download from https://saturn.geniatech.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/EyeTV-Reporter.dmg_.zip  Shows Ver 1.87 in Finder)

OldGoat, thanks again, the Reporter 4 is great!

The only and very important feature I'm still missing: it is not possible to export! The same procedure like eyeTV V3, when I had to wait many month, one year nearly, that export has been enabled.

23 hours ago, Kiwcate said:

I just update my OS to Catalina and now my Eyetv isn't working!

go here 

and good luck, if you really need eyetv then downgradre, otherwise, really good luck!

Edited by great_vc

On 10/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, Sandy said:

Ok. Good comeback. You would have put lots of thought in to that one. Now I can understand why it took 5 days to show up. 😯

However, your argument loses me in the details. Let us see…

1. You spend good money on a product which satisfies your needs? Check.
  2. Some time later, and out of control of the manufacturer, the environment changes which renders the product obsolete? Check.
  3. You believe the manufacturer has an obligation to rectify the situation to your satisfaction? Check

So please help this dim person to understand which part is "completely false"? Perhaps you could save some time when composing your next reply and just using the standard "witch hunt" / "fake news" defence. That seems to be a favoured tactic amongst those of certain education levels.🤦‍♀️

How about they are still selling tuners + EyeTV4 licenses

33 minutes ago, Alex Bowden said:

How about they are still selling tuners + EyeTV4 licenses

You've lost me. Unclear whether you are arguing for or against the topic, or even referring to it. Continuing to sell an in demand product along with appropriate software is a good thing isn't it?

Would you be able to expand on your statement?

On 6/16/2020 at 11:03 PM, Sandy said:

You've lost me. Unclear whether you are arguing for or against the topic, or even referring to it. Continuing to sell an in demand product along with appropriate software is a good thing isn't it?

Would you be able to expand on your statement?

But EyeTV 4 is not fit for purpose. As I've said before spend your money on Parallels and run EyeTV 3 under an earlier OS. It works a treat. Stable, full functionality, no video stuttering.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:27 AM, zanc said:

But EyeTV 4 is not fit for purpose. As I've said before spend your money on Parallels and run EyeTV 3 under an earlier OS. It works a treat. Stable, full functionality, no video stuttering.

Can you please expand on this ? 

So, i install Catallina, and then buy parallers and  need to create a VM with old MacOS ? where do i find the boot ? or i just select from Parallels run on previous OS ?

How many GB are used ? does it install the OLD MacOS so you have another 50GB on your HDD in use ?

15 hours ago, oldguy said:

Dusting off my old EyeTV Hybrid and looking for software. It appears 3.x no longer works on Catalina. Is 4.0 stable enough on Catalina to buy?

hahahah welcome to hell

the answer is simple

DO NOT EVEN TRY TO BEGIN TO THINK TO PURCHASE IT

15 hours ago, oldguy said:

Dusting off my old EyeTV Hybrid and looking for software. It appears 3.x no longer works on Catalina. Is 4.0 stable enough on Catalina to buy?

There are a few people who are quite negative about it because they expected to get free updates for life, but myself I have been moderately pleased with it.

Certainly isn't a polished product with a few issues (hopefully more updates coming) but it is stable. Don't think it has crashed on my in the last 6 months.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, Sandy said:

There are a few people who are quite negative about it because they expected to get free updates for life, but myself I have been moderately pleased with it.

Certainly isn't a polished product with a few issues (hopefully more updates coming) but it is stable. Don't think it has crashed on my in the last 6 months.

perfect example of "how to disorient people from the actual problem"

Well, first of all the negativity is NOT from the fact that you have to pay for the upgrade. i will pay double the amount of money asked for that product with no issue.

Also noone is speaking about crashes. It does not crash (ok it crash but not that often)

WE

are all complaining about the fact that it just doesn't deliver as v3. I will not go into the hundreds of problems within the software (again no crashing if the image is just a black screen on full screen TV) or the fact that the remote control, the apple remote the remote on a TV program application on your TV, the remote(!) is not working (again see no crashes on the app). or more and more and more. 

So go back and try to fix something (do not know if the company is still valid)

On 8/22/2020 at 4:59 AM, oldguy said:

Dusting off my old EyeTV Hybrid and looking for software. It appears 3.x no longer works on Catalina. Is 4.0 stable enough on Catalina to buy?

15 hours ago, great_vc said:

Also noone is speaking about crashes. It does not crash (ok it crash but not that often)

So there you go oldguy. Hope that answers the question you did ask – eyeTV 4 is stable enough to use on Catalina. Even someone who does his best to dissuade people from purchasing it has to agree that stability is not a problem.

Aside from the stability you asked about, other factors which may influence your decision is that the software does behave 'imperfectly' in various situations.

• For instance, on the odd occasion when watching TV in full screen and you close the window, a dark full screen window remains and you need to use Mission Control to close it.
  • I have also found that sometimes when one channel is recording, you could open a separate recording but find it will not play.
  • Lastly, there are occasions where the audio won't play when watching a recording, the solution being to change the audio output and then back again.
  • Oh, almost forgot one annoying thing. Irrespective of the preference setting, when a scheduled recording launches the programme it often opens up a TV window. Find that quite a problem when the TV suddenly starts playing at 2am and wakes everyone up. 😳

No other issues come to mind at this time. Hopefully that information was more along the lines of what you were looking for. 😎

• Like 1