Gnappo

macOS Catalina 10.15

If you want to get legal, a claim of misleading advertising is only relevant if the inaccurate information was available to the purchaser at the time of purchase. If it wasn't, then they didn't purchase the item based on that advertising so there is no recourse.

My thoughts are logical. Which admittedly may appear weird to some who don't think that way.

You are grasping at straws, and they are breaking.

I downloaded the beta for Catalina ,sent it to applications but my iMac won't let me open it. I understand the reason but how do I get around permission?

I don't know about Catalina, but on most Macs you need to type an admin password in order to install an app in the Applications folder.  It should ask for the password.  The admin (or root) password is something you set when you start up a new Mac for the first time.

If for some reason you don't have an admin password, you can usually install an app in some folder under the Users area, and it should be possible to start it from there. 

Hello, I am on 10.5.1 Catalina! and the Beta EYE TV4 seems to work fine for now!

Asking for the Driver device update message sen on previous version, is not seen any more.!

Update software request on previous version Error "update was not found!" please try later

not sure if this was ok on the beta.

Edited by Siggi

The play bar doesn't work, its impossible to navigate in the video with cursor back like in version 3. It Works only  in the first minute of job, after the bar become crazy. I have 1 tera of space free and the buffer is 2 gb.  OS is Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88). EyeTV 4.0.0b8 (8511)

Edited by Pippo

Trying to update to 8512:

After downloading appear alert: 

"Update error!
An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later."

Cancel update

click and appear:

An error occurred while relaunching EyeTV, but the new version will be available next time you run EyeTV.

Cancle update

I've managed to download EyeTV4 beta and, whilst it obviously is a work in progress, a major flaw is maximum view doesn't actually cover the full screen. The result is energy saver will shut the screen down at the allotted time.  My other concern is the current dongle (third one purchased) is only 8 months old.  I'll be very annoyed if 4 isn't a free upgrade and, in Australian consumer law at least, my purchase should be supported for 12 months.

Can anybody tell me where I do find the beta download? I'm willing to try it again although if have little hope that it will run then. I have an iMac macOS Catalina 10.15 and since the last update I can't see any live TV anymore. The Hybrid Stick for DVB-C (also DVB-T/T2) doesn't work anymore. When I tried it with any beta version somewhere here from this site I just saw a black screen with a big ! and 6:9 in the upper left corner. Thats all. Greetings from Germany.

3 hours ago, Sibylle said:

Can anybody tell me where I do find the beta download? I'm willing to try it again although if have little hope that it will run then. I have an iMac macOS Catalina 10.15 and since the last update I can't see any live TV anymore. The Hybrid Stick for DVB-C (also DVB-T/T2) doesn't work anymore. When I tried it with any beta version somewhere here from this site I just saw a black screen with a big ! and 6:9 in the upper left corner. Thats all. Greetings from Germany.

Click on "Mikyesun replied to a topic"