Mikyesun

Renew EPG Subscription (Gracenote)

to renew you first buy a new subscription at http://shop-en.geniatech.eu/epg/epg-gracenote/, after this you will get a Your EPG Renewal Key Email from the shop / system:

Please read below instructions to extend your subscription successfully!

With regards to our authorization server upgrade and customer privacy protection – and cooperate privacy protection, we apologize to claim, that you need to follow below steps carefully and strict  – to activate your EPG – Subscription.

1st Step: Make sure your EyeTV software is updated to the latest version (EyeTV 3.6.9 or later is required). You can download the latest EyeTV 3 from this link: https://bit.ly/eyetv3latest. Please install accordingly.

2nd Step: Register with the email address you used in the Webshop via EyeTV 3.6.9 or higher.  Please note, that this is necessary even though you are already registered. The next steps describe how to register successfully. Please follow them carefully.

• a) Please open EyeTV 3 (Version 3.6.9). In order to check the EyeTV Version, go to EyeTV // Info. It must be EyeTV 3 (Version 3.6.9)

• b) Please open Preferences // EPG (Gracenote) Klick on change / create a new account with the email address you used in the Webshop. It is important that this step is completed successfully.

3rd Step: Please click on the activation link to activate your EPG Subscription (Your EPG Renewal Key Email from the shop / system)

Sounds great, but I cannot complete step 2b)

When I've filed in my email address, name and password, I always get the message that the account cannot be created because I'm not connected to the internet.

My internet connection is perfectly.  I can be happily streaming video from iCloud at the time or downloading EyeTV from the geniatech support site.

But I still get the message that the account cannot be created because I'm not connected to the internet.

I reported this to GeniaTech 2 days ago and have had no response.

On 2016/7/9 at 0:38 AM, Alex Bowden said:

Hi Alex, Could you give me your ticket number? I'll try to help you to solve your issue as soon as i can.

Hi all,

I also have the problem like Alex.

Is there a solution for the error regarding the internetconnection?

Please post the solution here, ore do I also have to open a ticket for this?

Hope to get Gracenote running soon again.

--Stefan

• Like 1

Having the same issue and have continously asked for support on the site. Finally now by mail I have reached somebody via a ticketnumber from a previous issue with Gracenote server and perhaps there will be some action. 

have the same problem now for nearly a month. Have posted ticket and tooled they solve the problem soon. But no change for over a week. When the previous company run the service they restated the failing Gracenote server and the problem was fixed.

What is wrong with the people working for Geniatech? :-(

[Ticket#2016072016000051] The Problem is still existing. They sent me an update link, i installed the newest version, but the server problem is stell the same. Already 3 weeks.

I guess we are all going through the same problem. I'm in the US and having the same issue with TV Guide. Keeps saying that there is a problem with the internet server but then says that my internet connection is okay. I'm very aggravated with this company. Got a ticket number from them days ago and nothing has happened since. I tried tpo clear the EPG database but then it send me into a never ending cycle of "Requesting Channel Lineups." I've used Eye TV for years with no problems and now this...

Eye TV Problem.jpg