Sign in to follow this  
jburcsu

Eyetv 3 "no signal"

This had worked for me to display and record programs for at lest a decade.  Now when I startup the program all I get is a no signal message.  

Can you give me any hints was to what I should do?  Thanks.  

What box do you have?

There's always the possibility that the box has simply failed - 10 years is a pretty good run. I had a 200 model once that died . . .

And it could also be software and or OS system related. When the application is opened, open the Preferences, then to the Device menu - do the two drop boxes show your EyeTV box?

I have received a newer box from a friend and it gives me the same "no signal" message.  

My gear includes is a Mac Mini 6,1, Intel Core 2.5GHz, Late 2012, 4GB RAM, Mac OS 10.11.6, Eyetv 3.6.9 (7528).  I also have a copy of 7513 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, jburcsu said:

I have received a newer box from a friend and it gives me the same "no signal" message.  

My gear includes is a Mac Mini 6,1, Intel Core 2.5GHz, Late 2012, 4GB RAM, Mac OS 10.11.6, Eyetv 3.6.9 (7528).  I also have a copy of 7513 

Well, for what it's worth, I'm running EyeTV (7527) on a Late 2012 2.3GHZ with MacOS 10.12.6. 

EyeTV runs a bit flakey at times - there are times I have to restart the Mac because I get a blank screen when I select "Open Live Window." So what's been working for me is to run OnyX weekly to keep everything running ok. Consider trying that or MacJanitor to clean up any system files that are screwing up EyeTV. Failing that it might be time to wipe your system and re-install?