Nolan

Recordings won't stop using Eye TV4

I am new with Eye TV4 and not so familiar right now. I tried to record a small movie using EPG. The record startet at the right time, but it didn't stop at all. I had to stop it by hand. After that I tried to start a record manually. It worked well but as before it won't stop at all. 

Any idea what went wrong?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:32 PM, Nolan said:

I am new with Eye TV4 and not so familiar right now. I tried to record a small movie using EPG. The record startet at the right time, but it didn't stop at all. I had to stop it by hand. After that I tried to start a record manually. It worked well but as before it won't stop at all. 

Any idea what went wrong?

Hi Nolan. 
I’m have the same issue with EyeTV 4 running on Mac mini/M1. Did you find a solution?

Br

Morten

Same here.

Additionally when I manually stop the recording, EyeTV crashes.

So I keep on sending several crash reports to Geniatech every day.

They do not seem to bother, so my current assumption is that Geniatech is a phantom company.

I recorded a film yesterday evening that was manually set rather than clicked in the EPG, and by morning there was a 15 hours video at 61gb, so this bug is still outstanding on v4.0.0 (8528) OSX Monterey. 

I use it on a iMac with an I5 and Monterey 

No such problem  

BUT on my MacBookPro as well with Monterey the recordings do not stop neither

I changed the versions, deleted everything , it does not stop

If anybody still has this problem with EyeTV 3 on High Sierra, try altering the location of the EyeTV Archive if it is located on iCloud. Removing it from iCloud seems to make the problem disappear.....