Eric

EyeTV 4with HDHomerun

Hello,

I am using EyeTV 4 with a couple of HDHomeRun DUO (DVB2)  + 1 HDHomeRun QUATRO (DVB2) from SiliconDust. So it's a total of 8 tuners

The devices are connected to my Wireless router and so I get the signal wirelessly to my devices. For some reason, EyeTV on my Mac can only detect only 6 tuners out of 8 but that's OK.

I have no problem getting the broadcast on my Mac or my devices (iPhone, iPad).  

My problem concerns the recordings. 
I daily schedule a few movies or shows to be recorded at night (sometimes 4-6 recordings at the same time) and all starts well, on time.  
The problem is that, quite often, the recordings stop after about 1h or 1h30 and therefore I miss all ends of my recordings. All my recordings are planned to record at least 2-3hours so most of the time they stop before the end. 

Any idea of what's wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance,
Sincerely

Eric

Dear Eric,

could you please explain how you managed to have your HDHomeRun working with EyeTV 4?

I have just purchased an HD HomeRun Connect Duo. It is connected to the network, I added channels using the web interface.

When I then open eyetv 4 (last version) nothing shows up under "devices". If I run the setup, it asks for name, serial, country etc., but nothing about the device.

Could you please help?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I didn't have any problems having the HDHomeRun working with EyeTV.

I am using EyeTV 4 version 

When you start using EyeTV, the assistant asks you to select your country (France in my case), and then it asks you to select your hardware.

In this case, you have to select the Manufacturer (Geniatech), and then the Product (HDHomeRun, at the bottom of the list).

Then you are to enter your license activation key,

Then you are supposed to connect your DVB-T antenna to your HDHomeRun and then your HDHomeRun device to your computer or your router with the Ethernet cable. Et voila!

Hope this helps, let me know if any more questions,

Eric

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.59.07 PM.png

Hi Eric, thanks for helping.

That's weird. On my iMac (Big Sur 11.1), using EyeTV 4 (8524), when I run EyeTV setup assistant I get:

- screen "This assistant will help you..." NEXT

- select country => I select Italy, then NEXT

- enter name and activation key => ok, then NEXT

- EyeTV has been successfully configured

with finish button. It does NOT ask to select hardware.

To be sure, I repeated the procedure, this time trying to select France as you... no difference, same story, it does not ask to select hardware!!!

That's crazy! Are you using a different version, OS, HDHomeRun device? Merci!

Hey,

I am currently using MacOS catalina (not upgraded to BigSur just yet), and my EyeTV version is EyeTV 4.0.0 (8521).

Maybe it's possible that the new EyeTV version (8524) does not support HDHomeRun? Or that EyeTV is not fully compatible with BigSur yet?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Eric

Dear Eric, you gave me a good hint. I am posting the solution, in case anybody else would need.

I did not have any physical hardware attached, thus I was not able to select. I plugged an eyetv USB device in the USB port, and then repeated the setup. This time, I was asked for the hardware. I selected geniatech and HDHomeRun and ditto, it worked. Thus, the difference was having some hardware plugged in, otherwise it will not recognize the HDHomerun on the network.

Hope this helps.

Yes. EyeTV4 is able to show the hardware selection panel ONLY if a device is physically connected to the mac. In my case, an eyetv for DTT USB device. Anyway now it works, and I am happy with it! Thanks for the hints!