rml

EyeTV 4 update loses Tuner access

After today's (10-11-2020) update of EyeTV 4 for MAC  (Version 4.0.0. (8523)) it no longer seems to have the capability of locating the tuner peripheral which was working before  this update.  I have shut down, remover power, and restarted everything (peripheral, computer, connections) and it has not remedied the situation.

I think I have a similar problem since the 8523 update. I'm using EyeTV HD hardware. Going through the Setup Assistant again, when the process attempts to connect to the eyeTV HD, it fails, with the error: "The 'Next' button is currently disabled because no EyeTV HD device was found." The green pilot light is illuminated on my EyeTV HD, so it's getting power. 

My entire EyeTV system is now inoperable for recording or even live viewing or channel changing on my cable box. I have tried all the app and system restarts.

eveTV.jpg

• Like 1

As a followup, I restored the previous version of EyeTV 4 (8521) on my Mac via Time Machine, and everything is working as before with my hardware.I didn't have to change a thing.

This is disappointing, because 8523 got exporting recordings to MP4 working, but I can't get this release to work with my EyeTV HD. 😞

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dannyg said:

I think I have a similar problem since the 8523 update. I'm using EyeTV HD hardware. Going through the Setup Assistant again, when the process attempts to connect to the eyeTV HD, it fails, with the error: "The 'Next' button is currently disabled because no EyeTV HD device was found." The green pilot light is illuminated on my EyeTV HD, so it's getting power. 

My entire EyeTV system is now inoperable for recording or even live viewing or channel changing on my cable box. I have tried all the app and system restarts.

eveTV.jpg

I have exactly the same problem other than my green pilot light is NOT illuminated. Any ideas from anyone ?

Yes, same here with greyed out connection button... this company is SO frustrating! I can't even begin to list the problems, and finally getting an update that not only doesn't fix issues, but destroys the connection.. really?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, epetrack said:

this company is SO frustrating! I can't even begin to list the problems, and finally getting an update that not only doesn't fix issues, but destroys the connection.. really?

It is definitely frustrating. After waiting forever for a 64-bit version, the functionality of EyeTV 4 is way below the previous versions (despite advertising on their web site to the contrary -- false advertising?). I was going to collect a list of problems with EyeTV 4 to submit to the company, but life is too short. My issues are for things they broke between EyeTV 3 and 4, so they should already know what's broken. I'm not asking for the moon -- just restoration of the features and usability of the previous generation but in a 64-bit version that works with current MacOS X. I just had to renew my EPG subscription, so I have an investment in this system I'd hate to lose.

• Like 1

I have submitted a ticket to the company regarding this issue, but have not heard anything back, other than the boiler plate response that they received the complaint.

I too lost my tuner when trying to install 8523. Actually, went back to 8521 and all is ok again.  Will put a request in as well.  Let us know if and when you receive a reply.  Just to be sure I tried again and had same problem so now will stick with 8521 until I hear “fixed”???

ps. Was looking fed to this update as watch most of live tv on iPad. And wanted to be able to watch recordings on iPad as well 

October 11:

Yep, same here. 8523.

After wasting a half hour (and cussing like a drunken sailor) doing everything (ie rebooting everything including the set top box), running the install assistant, yadda yadda I got the old app out of the trash and threw out the new one. The old app still works as well as it ever did.

What a kick in butt from Geniatech to cause it to lose access to the tuner.....not acceptable.

Hardware: EyeTV HD for the record.

October 18, today: Version 4.0. "Release Candidate" 4.0.0 (8523) showed up again, so they haven't even pulled the bad update and it is still being sent out for install?????

Great! Works, and Export works too. Thanks.

Now if we could only get real show descriptions in the channel guide, not a EPG without show descriptions that we have been paying for...

I did the update to 8524 - and it works!!!  Yay!!!

And ... it is running on MacOS Big Sur, too.

Edited by rml