Herbie

Version 8523

8523 did not recognize my hardware either -  EyeTV HD.  I’ve had this hardware since about 2009 when I purchased from Elgato.  Hence it is not a Geniatech product but has always worked just fine right up to Catalina and 8521!

Received today reply from Angela simply saying “Please use version 8521 until problem is solved”.   That tells me they at least know of and are working, however slowly, on a ‘fix’.  The only problem I have with 8521 is with playing any recordings on my iPad and iPhone.  The recordings section of the app shows the recordings however they won’t -lay.  I watch almost all my tv on these devices.

I was very happy with 8523 until yesterday, when suddenly, the two main problems I had with 8521 returned: the thumbnails have disappeared from the editing window, and playback of HD programmes is once again jerky. Reverting to version 8519 resolves both of these issues, but of course also has the earlier clunky method of editing. It's a shame, because I was starting to feel relaxed about using 8523...

7 hours ago, paulmacsmurf said:

I was very happy with 8523 until yesterday, when suddenly, the two main problems I had with 8521 returned: the thumbnails have disappeared from the editing window, and playback of HD programmes is once again jerky. Reverting to version 8519 resolves both of these issues, but of course also has the earlier clunky method of editing.

Update to the above: the issues go away if System Integrity Protection is disabled. Which obviously I'm not going to do on a permanent basis.

As for me I don't understand, maybe you can help me. I'm always on version 8519 on eyetv diversity , because I have the same problems between 8521 and 8523, first the channels are all jerky, and the main for me is between version 8519, 8521, 8523, I can't change channels in fullscreen mode without crashing the app. Any ideas how I can resolve this problems?

Hi,

I am using a MBP 13in  early 2017 and the EyeTV Hybrid dongle and after upgrading to Catalina (paying my fee), I have been obliged to stick ti releaser 8520. All new releases have produced jerky pictures. So far 8520 is fine (as long as I can live with the bugs ...

Hi everyone, 

8524 does not correct the jerky stream.

I have a complete regular plain installation on my MBP. Not a single weird software.

Why is it that Geniatech does not correct this (a paid version deserves some respect) ?

Best regards

Patrick