Sign in to follow this  
brentener

Problem with Freeview HD Channels

Hello !

When I use EyeTV 4 with Freeview Channels over Astra 2 28.2 satellite, the HD channels don't run smoothly. They are actually stuttering. Other channels (german from Asta 1 19.2) are all ok !!!

Thanks for any help !!!

I have a similar problem with HD channels in the UK. When I use version 8519 of the software everything runs smoothly, but all later versions including 8521 and 8524 tend to stutter quite badly. I am using a HD Home Run tuner over Ethernet.

Thanks for your reply. Finally someone with the same problem. I was going on with my tests and found that the problem is only related to the BBC programmes all others seem to work without stuttering ! I reverted back to build 8520, which has no stuttering.

I also use a Mac Mini from 2012 connected to my main TV screen. It has still MAcOSX 10.14 Mojave installed, as I don't want to create more problems. I want to stay save on this one. I have installed both versions on EyeTV 4 and 3.6.9. 

I am in touch with Angela from Geniatech. Hope they will manage to get the software right. But it takes ages to see results.

Is there any update to this? I first had a Mac Mini 2014 and now have a Mac Mini 2020. Both have the same stuttering when using 8524, but not when using 8520. The Mac Mini 2020 is very powerful so it is not a hardware issue.

Edit: It is also for non-Freeview HD channels. And finally - I use the EyeTV SAT receiver with a CAM module.

Edited by 13Viking

Hello !

I had several discussions with Geniatech Support. Since my first post, october 2020, they are working on the issue. But to be honest, I fear that they will not be able to fix the issue. I finally found a new solution, that is working for me. I bought a VU+ receiver. It works without any issues and can also be connected to a Mac or a PC. 

I definitely lost trust in this company and this after using it now for 12 years !

Kind regards !