AppleFarmer

EyeTV 4 choppy video + lip sync problem

I updated my "TV-set" to a 65" 4K Samsung Q70T-series. I have a Mac Mini 2014 hooked up to it via Mini Display Port --> HDMI-adapter --> HDMI 2.1 cable to the TV. I updated from Mojave to Big Sur and in the process I also had to move from EyeTV 3 to 4 (4.0.0 / build 8524). Now I get a choppy tv-feed on both of my tuners, a EyeTV 610 and a Diversity-stick. It doesn't matter if I run 1920x1080px @120Hz or 3840x2160px @60Hz (yes, the Mini 2014 is capable of doing 60 Hz) – the EyeTV live tv is always a bit choppy as if a frame or two are dropped every once and a while. Also there is a slight problem with the lip sync. I didn't have the problem with the latest version of EyeTV 3 (3.6.9 / build 7528) under Mojave. I still have a backup of my Mojave-setup and was thinking of doing a roll-back.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

I too have this issue.

My version is EyeTV 4 (64-bit) for MacOS 4.0.0 (8524).

The issue only occurs with over the air HD channels (in the UK channel 101 BBC One HD for example).

If I switch to the SD version of that channel (channel 1 BBC One for example) the picture and sound sync is okay.

I believe the issue is related some debug code that Geniatech may have left in the distributed code. When I open the Console App, select system.log I see what appears to be debug code constantly writing to the log file when using the HD channel, but no such log messages when using the SD channel. e.g.

May 22 08:18:41 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: I
May 22 08:18:41 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: B
May 22 08:18:42 --- last message repeated 6 times ---
May 22 08:18:42 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: P
May 22 08:18:42 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: B
May 22 08:18:42 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: P
May 22 08:18:42 amd-macpro EyeTV[1342]: Type: B

I will try to log this as an issue via the support team

I have a ticket open with the support team, and I am actively working with them to demonstrate the issue. I have been sent 2 test builds to test so far, with slight improvements from both. Hopefully we can find the root cause of the issue and get it corrected for the next public release...

I want to thank the Geniatech team publicly. I see plenty of forum members complaining, but the experience I have with Elgato and now Geniatech has been great. I have logged a few issues via support and I have always found the responses to be both swift and engaging.

9 hours ago, pc297 said:

Does anyone have build 8517 or a working link to it? All the builds I have tried are plagued by choppy playback...

Cheers,

Throw me an email --> makynen@mac.com and I can send you the build 8517.