I have an Eye tv 500 (Firewire) running on an Late-2012 iMac i7 (Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524)) using Apple's Thunderbolt to Firewire dongle adapter. I bought Eye tv 4 in September and it hasn't worked once. Every launch gets into the setup sequence and immediately crashes. (Always thread 24 or 25 with the same, identical SEGV.)

I have contacted GeniaTech about this numerous times over the last seven months and never once gotten a reply. I have included crash logs from the Console app, system configuration data from System Profiler, steps to reproduce, contact information, .. everything I can think of to make a good bug report. I get an automated response that my bug report was received, and then, nothing.

The greatest insult is that they also have not refunded my purchase to my credit card.

I find it hard to describe this. In forty-five years of computing, I cannot recall ever paying for something that simply never worked at all. And only rarely do I recall having Customer Support turn theirback on me and ignore a crash report.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, XWT said:

I have an Eye tv 500 (Firewire) running on an Late-2012 iMac i7 (Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524)) using Apple's Thunderbolt to Firewire dongle adapter. I bought Eye tv 4 in September and it hasn't worked once. Every launch gets into the setup sequence and immediately crashes. (Always thread 24 or 25 with the same, identical SEGV.)

I have contacted GeniaTech about this numerous times over the last seven months and never once gotten a reply. I have included crash logs from the Console app, system configuration data from System Profiler, steps to reproduce, contact information, .. everything I can think of to make a good bug report. I get an automated response that my bug report was received, and then, nothing.

The greatest insult is that they also have not refunded my purchase to my credit card.

I find it hard to describe this. In forty-five years of computing, I cannot recall ever paying for something that simply never worked at all. And only rarely do I recall having Customer Support turn theirback on me and ignore a crash report.

I know responsibility is down to Geniatech, but I also blame Elgato for poor due diligence on the company. As a result, I refuse to buy Elgato home automation products.

Edited by zanc
spelling
  • Like 1

1 do the same hardware "Eye tv 500 (Firewire) running on a Late-2012 iMac i7  using Apple's Thunderbolt to Firewire dongle adapter" works fine before with EyeTV3 on older MacOS system ?

2 which version of EyeTV4 have you installed  ? ( 8517 -> 8528 )

3 Can you start  in terminal window and type  :

/Applications/EyeTV.app/Contents/MacOS/EyeTV (Key Enter)

Copy the messages that appears inside terminal window and send it here.

• Like 1