tvparty2nite

EyeTV 3 and 4 not loading OTA program guide info

Okay folks. I got a beta from Angela. It looks like we (EyeTV 3 folks) are being moved to TV Guide for the program source in US and Canada. I tried updating the TV Guide Program Guide in the beta app and there was a server failure. Guess it is not ready for prime time (LOL).

What is EyeTV 4 using?

After a couple of hiccups on my part, I have a beta of EyeTV 3 running and it has downloaded the EPG from TV Guide. I had to delete the the old database before the new would come down. Seems to be working, folks.

9 hours ago, akanter said:

Angela sent me an app to download for 7530 but the iCloud link is not valid.

I had the issue too, seemingly. Then I tried again later and the app was downloaded to the Applications folder (on my iMac) after I gave permission for the download to complete. Angela said to try a different browser as a troubleshooting measure.

17 hours ago, NotInUse said:

..by default EyeTV3 originally used TVGuide data... at least it has always defaulted to that here prior to the last guide debacle and subsequent update.

Originally there are 3 choices...

1. none
  2. TVGuide
  3. XML

After the last guide issue in 2019 the choices changed.

1. none
  2. EyeTVEPGPremium
  3. XML

Sounds more like you may not have gotten an "update" at all, but rather an older version.

Unless they are actually moving back to TVGuide, but not sure why they would have ever left TVGuide to begin with. The TVGuide data was much, much, much better than anything else I've seen.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31MOD.jpg

1 hour ago, pdhill77 said:

Help!  I received the update.  It changed over to TV Guide.  Still didn't give the program info  What do I need to do?

Did you clear the old EPG data? Go to Help menu and see options there.

What helped me was getting the Line up. All channel EPG source were set to TVGuide and then Program data showed up.

Interesting!    "it just worked".  While still downloading  3.6.9 (7530) , I renewed my subscription that had expired during the outage.

The download finished, installed, and then downloaded the guide data without prompting or issue.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 5:44 PM, starliner said:

Interesting!    "it just worked".  While still downloading  3.6.9 (7530) , I renewed my subscription that had expired during the outage.

The download finished, installed, and then downloaded the guide data without prompting or issue.

Ok, that is encouraging.

I have a situation I would like to verify before I renew my expiring subscription. We are still on version 3.6.9. build 7528 because we have an HDHomeRun, and if I remember right, later builds dropped support for the HDHomeRun, until version 4 that restored it.

What I want to verify is:

• Is version 3.6.9 (7530) required to restore program guide access, or will it work with 7528? (The Geniatech store currently says 7528 or later is needed for the program guide)
  • Does version 3.6.9 (7530) support HDHomeRun?
  • Is the new program guide info in fact TVGuide as mentioned earlier, and not the EyeTV EPG Program Guide? Because what is being sold on the Geniatech site is the EyeTV Premium EPG Service.
  • For USA users like me, If you renew the one EPG product sold on the Geniatech web site (EyeTV Premium EPG Service), do you get the new TV Guide service without having to change anything? In other words, it is not a problem that the old service is EyeTV Premium EPG and the new one is TV Guide?

Thanks to anyone who has the specific combination and can pass along info of success or failure!

Edited by tvparty2nite

tvparty,
Yes. 3.6.9 (7530) does work with my SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO Model: HDHR5-4US and also my EyeTV 250 hybrid tuner.
I had been using EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528) because newer versions are not compatible with my tuners.
EPG is now (again) from TVGuide.
I did have to go through each channel and change each channels' EPG source to TVGuide in the EPG column via the "Channels" Library in EyeTV's main window and, subsequently, "Select an EPG channel" for each channel based on my local cable provider's lineup.  Annoying, but glad to be back up and running.
Good excuse to re-run a channels scan, too. (Do this before the EPG linking.)
Go for it. Sounds like it was easier for others...
g
Edited by geedee
  • Like 1

Thank you geedee, sounds like I'll give it a try!

Is there a public link yet for 7530, or is it still only available on request from Geniatech support ? I do not see build 7530 on the EyeTV 3 support page, the Downloads list ends at EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528).

Edited by tvparty2nite

Found out from the other thread that build 7530 is now available through Check for Updates in the app.

At first it looked like it wasn't working, it gave me the usual "server error." I fixed that by resetting the EPG data, starting over with my postal code and selecting my provider (Local Over the Air Broadcast). Then it loaded.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, geedee said:
tvparty,
Yes. 3.6.9 (7530) does work with my SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO Model: HDHR5-4US and also my EyeTV 250 hybrid tuner.
I had been using EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528) because newer versions are not compatible with my tuners.
g

Geedee:

With your HDHomeRun Connect Quatro and EyeTV 3.5.9 (7528), can you record two TV programs simultaneously?

Thanks for the info!

Looks like not everything is back. I'm running EyeTV 4.0.0 (8526) on MacOS 11.6.5 with no EPG despite various attempts to clear things out and reload. I was using EyeTV Premium EPG NA just fine until recently. Choosing Check for Updates says I'm on the latest. I had a glimmer of hope when I saw build 8527 on their download page:

https://www.geniatech.eu/software/

which downloaded a disk image named EyeTV4.0.0_8527.dmg, but once I got the app out of the disk image it was still 8526. Anyway, hopefully this will get resolved for all users in all locales soon.

15 minutes ago, Chris Blouch said:

Looks like not everything is back. I'm running EyeTV 4.0.0 (8526) on MacOS 11.6.5 with no EPG despite various attempts to clear things out and reload. I was using EyeTV Premium EPG NA just fine until recently. Choosing Check for Updates says I'm on the latest. I had a glimmer of hope when I saw build 8527 on their download page:

https://www.geniatech.eu/software/

which downloaded a disk image named EyeTV4.0.0_8527.dmg, but once I got the app out of the disk image it was still 8526. Anyway, hopefully this will get resolved for all users in all locales soon.

I've opened a support ticket with Geniatech so at least they officially know. Maybe there is some secret handshake I don't know about but if EyeTV 3 is working now with a beta build that switches the provider back to TV Guide, I guess EyeTV 4 is going to need the same fix.

Not working for me either.  Thought it was my cable company’s fault since they were changing from Suddenlink to Optimum.  Now I know the source of the problem.  Hope Genitech solves this soon!

Has anyone heard from anyone at Geniatech?

I think the staff is on vacation.  And by staff, I mean singular-- one person.

To quote a US politician It could be a 400 pound person sitting on their bed in their pajamas.

OK Really, Geniatech, SPEAK UP Let us know what's going on, Every day, you loose current clients and make it impossible for you to find new suckers.

Yeah, I am pissed.

Edited by alanK
  • Like 2

I initiated a dispute with PayPal yesterday and overnight I received a refund for Premium EPG Service from Geniatech. I really did not want a refund, I wanted the service back. There is no way to purchase or renew the service at Geniatech's website. And TitanTV does not work for me.

Onward to XMLTV listings!

Looks like we will need to resurrect the scripts to import the XMLTV listings like we did a couple of years ago. It did work, but had to manually import every couple of days

17 hours ago, EricL said:

Looks like we will need to resurrect the scripts to import the XMLTV listings like we did a couple of years ago. It did work, but had to manually import every couple of days

I had fun with Terminal.app yesterday! I got XMLTV Listings downloading auto-magicly once per day.

Mojave, EyeTV 3, iMac 5k Retina.

I used the guide at XMLTV Listings website:

https://www.xmltvlistings.com/help/guides/eyetv

Edited by TBinNM