Angela Xu

North America EPG / Premium EPG

To whom it may concern,

Due to unforseen outage and changes in our given data cloudstructure, we are forced to release adapted new version of Eyetv 4 (64-bit) and Eyetv 3 (32-bit) to compensate.

Eyetv 4 (64-bit) Version 4.0.0 (8526) is released in early July 2021
Eyetv 3 (64-bit) Version 3.6.9 (753x) will be released in the mid/end July 2021

We will inform proactively here  or at the support website.

• Thanks 1

Hello Angela:

Will EyeTVEPGPremium subscribers receive an extension on the subscription for the time that things did not work? And can there be a discount to buy EyeTV 4 if we own EyeTV 3?

Edited by TBinNM

Will the downloaded EPG data in the new version of EyeTV3 include program descriptions? Descriptions have been missing since Version 3.6.9 (7528)--very inconvenient. (I'm a US customer)

I'm using eyeTV4 8526. When trying to set up the channel guide, there is no option for antenna. Only cable and internet TV service providers are offered. What happened to the antenna option?

Screenshot.png

7 hours ago, Stephanie said:

I'm using eyeTV4 8526. When trying to set up the channel guide, there is no option for antenna. Only cable and internet TV service providers are offered. What happened to the antenna option?

Click "Local Over Air Broadcast".

• Like 1

I am trying to use my old script from the last time the guide went out, using SchedulesDirect and an Automator Script to load the new xmltv data into EyeTV 3 but it does not seem to be working. Has anyone reverted to using that old method? Is it working?

Thanks for the update!! I was wondering why the pull using my SchedulesDirect subscription (6 bucks down the drain :-)) was not working. I did however have success using my EyeTV4 software to update the guide, now that is update,  close it, then start EyeTV3 to use with a now fully loaded Guide. Downside i have do this 1/day or 1/week. Upside my guide transfers between the two applications. EyeTV 4 is a disaster and I do not want to rely on it. And I am staying with MacOS Mojave until I absolutely have to make the switch to 64 bit MacOS.

• Like 1

I am also using Eyetv4 to update schedule and then run Eyetv3. You do seem to have to turn off auto updates on Eyetv3 or it will wipe out the schedule but not replace it. Angela sent me a beta to test of an update to Eyetv3 that was supposed to download the schedule, but it did not work. 

• Like 1

EyeTV server will not respond. I am using a MacMini, OS 10.12.6  and EyeTv 3.6.9 (7528). I purchased an EPG on Nov. 25, 2020. I am unable to update this EPG and I get a server error message. 

On or about July 2, 2021 the server stopped updating my EPG. I have started two support requests. When ever I respond to these support requests I receive an unable to deliver response from my Yahoo mails services. Today I sent the following new service request to Support. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.  

JULY 20, 2021 EYE TV

You have replied to the following two request for support. Your emails do not contain any description of the complaint for each ticket.

TicketID: 20210703XXXXXXXX, TicketID: 2021070XXXXXXXX

Any response to your emails result in an error message as follows:

" mailer-daemon@yahoo.com

To:

XXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Tue, Jul 20 at 2:54 PM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<eyetv-plus-support@eu-geniatech.com>:

550: 5.1.1 <eyetv-plus-support@eu-geniatech.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To date I cannot update my EPG and I request a refund of my purchase of  TicketID: 2021070XXXXXXXX" for EyeTv Plus this July 3, 2021 (Invoice SSNXXXXXXX for order XXXXXX)

Please call me at 1+XXXXXXXX Livermore California, USA.

If you do not respond I will ask my credit card company for assistance.

Please repair your server. "Update failed due to a server error."

In the below image you can see that EyeTV 3 tries to update but gets a server error. 1461893097_ScreenShot2021-07-20at03_51_14PM.png.90e23f61a36ffb87c170a5a0559e7eac.png

On 7/9/2021 at 1:08 AM, Angela Xu said:

To whom it may concern,

Due to unforseen outage and changes in our given data cloudstructure, we are forced to release adapted new version of Eyetv 4 (64-bit) and Eyetv 3 (32-bit) to compensate.

Eyetv 4 (64-bit) Version 4.0.0 (8526) is released in early July 2021
Eyetv 3 (64-bit) Version 3.6.9 (753x) will be released in the mid/end July 2021

We will inform proactively here  or at the support website.

Will there be a beta we can test?

You sent me a personal link (iCloud Drive) but the download did not complete.

On 7/30/2021 at 11:57 AM, TBinNM said:

Will there be a beta we can test?

You sent me a personal link (iCloud Drive) but the download did not complete.

After a couple of hiccups on my part, I have a beta of EyeTV 3 running and it has downloaded the EPG from TV Guide. I had to delete the the old database before the new would come down. Seems to be working, folks.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, JimBob said:

EyeTV server will not respond. I am using a MacMini, OS 10.12.6  and EyeTv 3.6.9 (7528). I purchased an EPG on Nov. 25, 2020. I am unable to update this EPG and I get a server error message. 

On or about July 2, 2021 the server stopped updating my EPG. I have started two support requests. When ever I respond to these support requests I receive an unable to deliver response from my Yahoo mails services. Today I sent the following new service request to Support. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.  

JULY 20, 2021 EYE TV

You have replied to the following two request for support. Your emails do not contain any description of the complaint for each ticket.

To:

XXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

550: 5.1.1 <eyetv-plus-support@eu-geniatech.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table "

To date I cannot update my EPG and I request a refund of my purchase of  TicketID: 2021070XXXXXXXX" for EyeTv Plus this July 3, 2021 (Invoice SSNXXXXXXX for order XXXXXX)

In the below image you can see that EyeTV 3 tries to update but gets a server error. 1461893097_ScreenShot2021-07-20at03_51_14PM.png.90e23f61a36ffb87c170a5a0559e7eac.png

Sunday August 1, 2021. I have received no response to the above, posted on 07/20/2021 on EyeTV forum.

13 hours ago, NotInUse said:

Good for you.. now how about everyone else????????????

It's not very helpful for someone to post "oh it works for me" .... when no one else has a solution they can implement.

Please ask for a beta version (really I think it is just a release version that has not been released) from Angela. And if you are not able to download it ask for help troubleshooting.

I treat the forum participants respectfully and try to impart what information I have gleaned. I treat the staff at Geniatech respectfully and they have come through (eventually). The company is probably on its last legs anyway so I will not kick them on the way down. They still provide a nice, niche entertainment service.

When I bought my first Elgato EyeTV Hybrid back in the day, all I wanted was a TV tuner. Wow, I said, when I learned that it came with DVR software!

***We are all sorry that Elgato sold their tuner software division.***

On 7/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, JimBob said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.  

JULY 20, 2021 EYE TV

To:

XXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

I submitted a complaint to Pay Pal on Aug 2, 2021 as described below. Today on Aug 3, 2021 PayPal resolved the dispute in my favor. Geniatech has a history of not resolving problems in a timely manner with the EPG. Now I have to ask Geniatech for more $$$. Why Geniatech chooses to ignore the North American market for users of EyeTv for home use is beyond my understanding. I have a Broadcast Television system that receives more than 100 channels in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA. I have been very disappointed in the lack of service from Geniatech since they took over.

Dispute amount €25.17 EUR
Transaction date July 2, 2021
Seller name Geniatech Europe GmbH
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JimBob said:

I submitted a complaint to Pay Pal on Aug 2, 2021 as described below. Today on Aug 3, 2021 PayPal resolved the dispute in my favor. Geniatech has a history of not resolving problems in a timely manner with the EPG. Now I have to ask Geniatech for more $$$. Why Geniatech chooses to ignore the North American market for users of EyeTv for home use is beyond my understanding. I have a Broadcast Television system that receives more than 100 channels in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA. I have been very disappointed in the lack of service from Geniatech since they took over.

Dispute amount €25.17 EUR
Transaction date July 2, 2021
Seller name Geniatech Europe GmbH

Hi JimBob:

I've been wondering why you were trying to get help at <eyetv-plus-support@eu-geniatech.com>. The product we have been discussing here is PremiumEPG NA, not EyeTV Plus (I don't even know what that service is).

I am glad PayPal helped you.