Sign in to follow this  
harryfisch

Sound gone on iOS

On iOS 14.7 the sound is gone on my iPhone 12. On the iPad the sound is missing too. This goes on for weeks now. I did not pay 29 Euro for software (mac 64bit) that does not work anymore. Please fix the problem!

Hello everybody!

Regarding to the missing audio with EyeTV iOS app (iPhone / iPad), I can confirm: It is a bug on the EyeTV 4 release 8526. Install release 8524 and the audio works when connecting to the EyeTV on the Mac via your EyeTV iOS app on the mobile device.

I informed Elgato support accordingly. As it worked on the previous release, they should be able to fix it.

Best regards, Roland

Where to find the previous release 8524? Just go to > Support > Software > eyetv 4 mac OS: Support. There you will find all releases down to 8518. Just go bach to 8524 and install it over the 8526 release. For me it just worked, even on a MacMini M1. Of course, like this you will lose the improvements that came with 8526, but at least the audio works.

thank you to the Newbie, Roland,,, exactly what you say ,,,,the audio is a really big deal,, and I think the improvements,, at least for me were unnoticeable,, cross my fingers on that one. Just wondering if the 8526 version improvements were noticeable to most.  Anyways, back to 8524,, and everything back to normal. It won't be long before my subscription is up again. Even keeping it the same for me it just fine. Status quo.  BTW,,, hadn't used the App for a while on my iOS devices,, and only discovered lack of audio today

Edited by roosterstoker

On 11/27/2021 at 11:34 PM, roosterstoker said:

thank you to the Newbie, Roland,,, exactly what you say ,,,,the audio is a really big deal,, and I think the improvements,, at least for me were unnoticeable,, cross my fingers on that one. Just wondering if the 8526 version improvements were noticeable to most.  Anyways, back to 8524,, and everything back to normal. It won't be long before my subscription is up again. Even keeping it the same for me it just fine. Status quo.  BTW,,, hadn't used the App for a while on my iOS devices,, and only discovered lack of audio today

Hi roosterstoker, unfortunately, up to now, I got no reply from Geniatech support. I already sent another support request but again no reply. As much as I like the opportunity to use my Mac mini as TV platform that I can remote control via the internet, I have a lot of questions ion regards to the Geniatech company. Since the EyeTV platform has been transferred from Elgato to Geniatech the software is in a poor stage and the support is nearly not existing anymore.

Already for some years now I am hoping for an improvement. Maybe it would be better to have it covered by anothet company who really cares...

Regards, Roland