Shagberg

EyeTV 4 with macOS Monterey?

Has anyone tested EyeTV 4 with macOS Monterey (which was released on October 25).

According to the System Requirements, it is supported: "macOS 10.14(Mojave) or higher", but would like confirmation before upgrading.

Thanks,

Scott

It runs bad under Big Sur. And under Monterey it doesn`t start anymore. 

Elgato was fine. Geniatech sucks. Sorry !!!

Support once consulted, never called back!!! Don`t they have a Ticket System in their Service Center? Have they any 2nd -Level Support? 

Never again....EyeTV

@AngryUser53 Thank you - for me, EyeTV 4 runs well on Big Sur. But after the @mpbraendle comment, I'm going to hold off on upgrading for the time.

Did you consult support through the online form? https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/?Product=eyetv 4 macOS

I've used it in the past and received prompt responses.

Thank you, thank you @mpbraendle! Appreciate the response.

Edited by Shagberg

Same problem with stuttering here.

Since version 4 the overall performance of EyeTV is poor. Unfortunately v3 is not running on 64-bit.

@ Geniatech - please update!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, AngryUser53 said:

It runs bad under Big Sur. And under Monterey it doesn`t start anymore. 

Elgato was fine. Geniatech sucks. Sorry !!!

Support once consulted, never called back!!! Don`t they have a Ticket System in their Service Center? Have they any 2nd -Level Support? 

Never again....EyeTV

It really is abandonware. How they can justify selling it as working software is beyond me, especially as EyeTV 3 was such a stable, simple solution that actually worked properly.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:02 PM, Chris M said:

It really is abandonware. How they can justify selling it as working software is beyond me, especially as EyeTV 3 was such a stable, simple solution that actually worked properly.

Unfortunately it was EyeTV 3 that was the real abandonware. Elgato didn't update it from Carbon to Cocoa for many many years. Carbon was deprecated in 2012 and the writing on the wall was there long before. I blame Elgato for the misery, not the company that moved it to Cocoa in a drastically shrinking marked (and half failed or half succeeded depending on how you want to see it).

• Like 1

Hello!

EyeTV 4 (8526) as good (or bad) as in Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur. Everything that was working before Monterey still works, everything that did not work before Monterey still doesn't work :-(. 

I can not understand why they do not fix the last few but very annoying errors and bugs. iPhone access still does not work.

Bye

19 hours ago, eweri said:

I can not understand why they do not fix the last few but very annoying errors and bugs. iPhone access still does not work.

Agreed! And the fact that they still don't have the physical EyeTV remote working yet is unacceptable.

Thanks for the feedback on Monterey.

1 hour ago, Rusi said:

after upgrading to monterey evetv crashes during recordings

Thank you! I’m glad that I’ve held off and stayed on Big Sur. Hopefully they release an update soon.

Lots of things either not working or not working well with Big Sur (stuttering video on HD content, come on!...) 

The bugs on Big Sur all still around with Monterey but worse still this crashes when I close an active window. I actually want to use this on a second Mac but, after paying for and installing a licence, I won't buy a second. Sorry, but this version is an insult at this price.

Geniatech, please, please upgrade this?

Such a shame

Have just updated to Monterey.

Eye TV will not open and get the following message: "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information"

Contacted support two days ago but have not received a response.

Not impressed!

1 hour ago, PWW said:

Have just updated to Monterey.

Eye TV will not open and get the following message: "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information"

[...]

I just installed EyeTV 4 on Monterey 12.0.1 on a new mac mini M1 with a 12 year old Diversity. The program stalled on the first scan, but after I restarted the app it completed the scan and is working as well as it ever did. The diversity can't keep up with HD but is OK with SD.

Colin (still a Newbie after using Eyetv since 2004!)

Edited by Colin_Sutton

Just installed EyeTV 4 on Monterey 12.0.1 on a new Macbook pro 13 m1. Scanning for channels don't work. Nothing found and search never stops. The program can't be finished the "normal" way. Just before I had it on iMac with same OS and it worked fine. Two message sent to support but no response at all ...

Hi,

The last version of EyeTV4 that didn't have stuttering in some HD channels (for example BBC1 HD and BBC News HD) was 8520, and unfortunately I can't find that version anywhere anymore. Does anyone have it? If you do please share with me!

Or - if anyone (including Geniatech) has a solution to the stuttering in some HD channels still found in 8526 please let me know! 
(MAC Mini 2020 - Apple M1 chip, EyeTV SAT DVB-S2 Tuner/Decoder).

Kim

salut Je viens d’installer EyeTV 4 sur bigsur sur un nouveau Macbook air 13 m1. La recherche de canaux ne fonctionne pas. Rien trouvé et la recherche ne s’arrête jamais. Le programme ne peut pas être terminé de manière « normale ». Quelqu’un a pu l’installer???

Edited by vision

On 10/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, Shagberg said:

Has anyone tested EyeTV 4 with macOS Monterey (which was released on October 25).

According to the System Requirements, it is supported: "macOS 10.14(Mojave) or higher", but would like confirmation before upgrading.

Thanks,

Scott

On 12/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, 13Viking said:

Hi,

The last version of EyeTV4 that didn't have stuttering in some HD channels (for example BBC1 HD and BBC News HD) was 8520, and unfortunately I can't find that version anywhere anymore. Does anyone have it? If you do please share with me!

Or - if anyone (including Geniatech) has a solution to the stuttering in some HD channels still found in 8526 please let me know! 
(MAC Mini 2020 - Apple M1 chip, EyeTV SAT DVB-S2 Tuner/Decoder).

Kim

I have eyetv running on an M1 Mac mini and Monterey , works as well as it did on my old intel Mac mini with big Sur. Not perfect by any means but the basics work

It's really strange that EyeTV works on Monterey for some and not for others.
Did the ones who have it working do a system update or a clean-install?
Did those on M1 transfer the data from the old Mac (via TimeMachine or whatever) or did they start from scratch?
I'm about to get my new MacBook Pro M1Max with Monterey and I'm really worried that EyeTV won't work anymore...

I don't mind that recoding the app in cocoa/swift is complicated, but right now EyeTV 4 is only an Alpha version, and the updates make the software worse and worse...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

17 hours ago, Yomeno said:

It's really strange that EyeTV works on Monterey for some and not for others.
Did the ones who have it working do a system update or a clean-install?
Did those on M1 transfer the data from the old Mac (via TimeMachine or whatever) or did they start from scratch?
I'm about to get my new MacBook Pro M1Max with Monterey and I'm really worried that EyeTV won't work anymore...

I don't mind that recoding the app in cocoa/swift is complicated, but right now EyeTV 4 is only an Alpha version, and the updates make the software worse and worse...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Could you please tell me which tuner you have? I have EyeTV SAT and EyetV4 on my M1 Mac Mini us useless. CPU at 100% and jitter on all HD channels.