Yomeno

Is EyeTV 4 dying? WAKE UP GENIATECH!

I all,

For me, all versions after 8517 are unusable (I have an iMac Late 2015, with 32GB of RAM).
I test the updates, then I systematically downgrade to 8517 which works better. A shame.
Ok I have an old iMac and that certainly counts, but EYETV 4 is the worst app in the world, it's a monumental piece of crap. I bought it in 2019 because I couldn't find anything else compatible with macOS BigSur. But if anyone has an app that can replace EYETV, I'm about to switch.
EYETV 3 was fabulous. How is it even possible to come up with a version 4 that is not worthy of a 0.0.1 Alpha version?
Nothing makes sense in EYETV 4:
- Use Escape to leave full screen mode like in EYETV 3: hahaha for what?
- Hire a UI/UX designer? => it's useless !
- The progress bar does not follow any logic. 
- In the versions after 8517, the images are jerky on 80% of the French channels. It's unbearable.
- Use the standard keyboard shortcuts of macOS? Not useful at all!
- Put a keyboard shortcut to switch to full screen? hahaha, I'm stupid, we have a mouse for that!
Let's add to all of that that the price of the app is increasing, that the support never answers to emails nor deigns to answer on the forum, and that the app is slowly but surely dying.
I can't even imagine a version that is properly fully compatible with M1 processors.

WAKE UP GENIATECH ! GIVE US THE REAL WORKING APP WE PAID FOR! Your current app is a shame.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 3:14 AM, Yomeno said:

Put a keyboard shortcut to switch to full screen? hahaha, I'm stupid, we have a mouse for that!

CMD + 5

Use Escape to leave full screen mode like in EYETV 3: hahaha for what?

Works for me. (8526)

Honestly, I kind of understand your frustration - but criticising them for something they have fixed, while choosing to stay on an outdated version yourself isn't quite fair either.

But if anyone has an app that can replace EYETV, I'm about to switch

Don't think there's anything that can compete on modern macOS.

For me, it's either EyeTV, maybe Sat>IP Viewer or setting up a TVHeadend server.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:33 AM, TV_viewer23 said:

CMD + 5

Ok, On my new Mac (MacBook Pro 16" M1Max) it's another but works (on 8517). Ok.

Works for me. (8526)

Maybe on 8526, Ok. But this version is not usable on my new Mac. Only the 8517 is working - more or less -. I tried All versions.

Honestly, I kind of understand your frustration - but criticising them for something they have fixed, while choosing to stay on an outdated version yourself isn't quite fair either.

Maybe, you're right, but latest versions are not usable on French TV with my new Mac. The image continues to be jerky on 80 to 90% of French TV channels. Impossible to watch, on ALL versions EXCEPT 8517 (I try with all new versions). By the way, the 8527 version, offered for download in the support page, actually installs an 8526.

Funny thing is, when recording, the image is jerky when playing the recording on EyeTV, but not when exporting or playing the .eyetv file on VLC. So it's a video playback problem on EyeTV and I don't understand where it comes from. I haven't recovered any old preferences or anything and my system is original.

Don't think there's anything that can compete on modern macOS.

For me, it's either EyeTV, maybe Sat>IP Viewer or setting up a TVHeadend server.

That's what makes me sad. I love EyeTV, I've been using it for over 10 years, so that's why I'm complaining. The alternative options are almost non-existent :(
I know that development is not easy, but I think it's their lack of response to support emails and their lack of presence on these forums that annoys me the most.