totof

The image is jerky with a Mac Studio

Can anyone help me?

I just installed EyeTV 4 on a MacStudio M1 Max with a clean install. But the image is jerky with a frame rate of 2 fps no matter what the settings.

EyeTV 3 works fine on an Intel iMac with the same TV antenna.

I don't understand where is the problem or if it's EyeTV 4 that's not adapted to the MacStudio M1.

EyeTV4 works fine for me on my Studio Max. I did not do a clean install, so all the old files are around, too. I'm using the latest EyeTV the "8527" that says it's 8526 when loaded. I use a EyeTV HD, but my EyeTV U6 works on it also. Even exports and edits properly. 

On 4/27/2022 at 6:24 PM, totof said:

I have an EyeTV Diversity stick.

Hello,

For which country ? I have a Eye TV Diversity in France, it works fine only with there version 8519

With other EyeTV 4 version, there is 3 channels that work fine and 34 channels lot of stuttering and dropped frames, it is same under Monterey and Big Sur

Thank you for your answers.

I am actually from France. Version 8519 is no longer available for download. I tried the versions 8518, 8523 and 8527 and the images are still jerky ☹️

I have connected several screens with different connectors (thunderbolt, USB-C, HDMI) to eliminate the possibility of a badly managed display. I also plugged in the Diversity stick directly or via a dock. Nothing works.

I am glad to see that EyeTV 4 works fine for EYEMISSELGATO. But there seem to be differences between an upgrade and a clean install. For example, I can't set the hibernate mode on my Mac Studio, while others who have upgraded can. I guess there is a subtle difference that prevents EyeTV 4 from working fine in my case.

For now, I give up. I hope Geniatech will fix this jerky image problem, or better yet, will offer a native ARM version.

Bonjour Eric / Hello Eric

I just saw your message. I hadn't gone back to the forum having given up on the idea of having EyeTV fully functional.

I downloaded the 8519 version and ... everything works perfectly with the 8519 version 👌😃

It's nice that you shared the 8519 version and I'm very grateful for it.

Donc seul EyeTV 4.0 v.8519 fonctionne correctement en France. Only EyeTV 4.0 v.8519 works fine in France.

Thanks to Eric and EYEMISSELGATO.

Hello,

Good news. thanks for your feedback and happy for that :)

At the beginning, I hadn't noticed that the other versions there were only 3 channels that worked for France.

That's when I went through all the Eyetv 4 versions I could find, until I found this version where all the channels work for France.

Hope Geniatech will fix it for recent version where all channels doesn't work for France (The image is jerky)

Edited by Eric C