dw1

I paid, but download link dead and no activation-key

I purchased:

eyetv 4 (64-bit) macOS

Hi Geniatech Sales,

But there are problems:

a) No confirmation from Geniatech of the purchase.

b) No activation key.

c) Download link is dead ( http://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0_8 517_2.dmg )

d) I tried to create an account, and your system said, that you sent an email to me for activation of my account... but I haven't received any mails from you. I have checked the spam folder.

If I don't receive the product that I paid for, then I will contact PayPal and get my money back.

I have the PayPal receipt.

But I would really like to have your product!

PLEASE RESPOND!

Regards, DavidW

Checkout _ Geniatech EyeTV.pdf

Yes, this just happened to me today with the EPG guide update. Every other time I have done it the email has come right away. I haven't got any response yet, but will give them 24-48 hours. I got the order number in a PayPal receipt but it's not showing on my online account.

Today, I issued a dispute at PayPal. That means that PayPaI contacts Geniatech and forwards my dispute and expects that Geniatech responds (which I very much doubt). I then called PayPal and said that I wanted to issue a claim and couldn't wait for a response from Geniatech, since they haven't given any responses at all... no key... no download, no emails, no nothing! PayPal agreed and upgraded my issue to an official claim. I simply want my money back!

On 5/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, dw1 said:

I purchased:

eyetv 4 (64-bit) macOS

Hi Geniatech Sales,

But there are problems:

b) No activation key.

c) Download link is dead ( http://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0_8 517_2.dmg )

d) I tried to create an account, and your system said, that you sent an email to me for activation of my account... but I haven't received any mails from you. I have checked the spam folder.

If I don't receive the product that I paid for, then I will contact PayPal and get my money back.

PLEASE RESPOND!

Regards, DavidW

Checkout _ Geniatech EyeTV.pdf 382.82 kB · 3 downloads

On 5/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, dw1 said:

I purchased:

eyetv 4 (64-bit) macOS

Hi Geniatech Sales,

But there are problems:

b) No activation key.

PLEASE RESPOND!

Regards, DavidW

Checkout _ Geniatech EyeTV.pdf 382.82 kB · 4 downloads

Exactly the same problem here. Very suspicious, looking at the date of your post. I'm going to give a couple of days. If I don't hear anything from them I'll proceed as dw1.

They did eventually respond to my query and resent the email. They said it must have gone to a spam folder but it didn’t, but it was there in the attachment to their reply.

Today, received a mail from PayPal. They will give me a refund of my total purchase amount, including freight and VAT. Between the lines, I guess that paypal couldn’t get contact with seller neither.

Hey everyone

After reading this thread I was wary of buying this software (after using EyeTV3 for many years). I have an EyeTV Netstream still working (only needed to buy a new power supply years ago), so downloaded EyeTV4 for my new M1Pro Mac. 

It installed fine, I then purchased a key, which arrived by email immediately. And its connected to my Netstream immediately and all working fine.

Haven't yet tested anything but watching TV, but I would say don't worry about this thread, some people got email glitches but all was fine for me.

Rob.

I never got the key! I have given up! I did get my money back from PayPal.

I simply don't trust Geniatech.

Regards and hope you have more luck than me!

Dw1

OK so... it is eyeTV is abandonware.. from the webpage  "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE.

The iOS app also crashes after launching, so that's no go either.

Both the EU and Shenzhen outfits should be reported for fraud.

image.png.581f665839af1d7b167fe79689d37e08.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.28.40 pm.jpg

Edited by nicholas.loveday

22 hours ago, nicholas.loveday said:

OK , so just where/how did you "purchase a key" ?  

From the web page, went to products, software, then clicked on EyeTV 4 (macOS).

That led me to a purchase page here: https://www.geniatech.eu/product/eyetv-4/

I clicked "Add to Cart", and completed the purchase. Shortly after I received an activation key by email.

Hope that helps.

Note I already own hardware, so I wasn't trying to buy hardware.

Rob.

• Like 2

Hi there,

my Eye TV 4 for Mac does not longer update the Premium EPG, Server is not found. This is now some days and i wonder, what is going on at EyeTV? I found, that the Premium Service is not longer available for Europe, but my subscription has not running out....

Cheers

Hans