ballplayer5

Premium EPG Service (Europe) not working (updating)

7 hours ago, ballplayer5 said:

Ich habe ein Support Ticket aufgemacht https://www.geniatech.eu/support-contact/?Product=eyetv 3 und frage hierüber immer wieder nach. Leider gibt es aber immer noch nichts neues, es heißt immer nur das sie noch dran arbeiten...

Habe ich auch gemacht, habe aber keinerlei Zugriff auf die gemachten Anfragen und erhalte auch keine Bestätigung per eMail.

Kommt mir also eher wie ein schwarzes Loch vor.

I noticed this here in the UK on Monday evening...however it was happening prior to then.  Only just happened upon this forum.  I too have logged a support ticket via the website, but as yet have had no response, even to say that they have my ticket and are aware!

Since it was sold a few years ago both development and support just get more worse.  Shame really as a USB dongle plugged into the back of my Mac works well for Freeview TV in the UK, which is all I want.

I suppose all we can do is sit and wait for it to be fixed.  I hope someone at the company keeps up on these threads as it would be nice to think that we will all be credited for the number of days the service is down seeing as its a paid for service that expires yearly!  You can hope, I guess.

I suppose the dev team (most probably one person) is on hols currently 😜

If anyone spots it working again, please notify this thread.  Cheers.

5 hours ago, Martin1 said:

Dass dieser Hinweis nicht weiter hilft, ist Dir offensichtlich auch klar. Wozu soll er gut sein?

Ich kann dir nicht ganz folgen. Wenn ich jetzt den x-ten beitrag oder das x-te Topic eröffnet hätte, dass "der EPG sich nicht erneuert, obwohl das Abo noch nicht abgelaufen ist", dann wäre ich bei dir.

Ich habe etwas gegoogelt, habe die faq-Seite mit den Zertifikaten gefunden, habe mich erinnert, dass ich das Problem schon mal hatte und es dann damit lösen konnte. Dieses mal hab ich eben bei dem dritten Link ein abgelaufenes Zertifikat gefunden. Ich habe versucht dieses trotzdem zu erlauben und bin offensichtlich gescheitert, da es immer noch nicht geht und Safari die Seite gar nicht mehr aufrufen möchte (vermutlich weil das https nicht über das Zertifikat verifiziert wird? k.A.).

Das könnte an meinem alten Setting liegen und ich könnte dann Pech haben. Aber es könnte auch ein andrer versuchen, ob er an der Stelle etwas erreichen kann.

Ballplayer5 hat sich das angeschaut und sagt, dass das Zertifikat zwar gültig ist aber möglicherweise trotzdem was nicht stimmt.

Wenn einer Erfolg an der Stelle hätte, könnte das ja auch andren helfen. Wenn nicht, muss eben Geniatech ran. Denn mein EPG ist jetzt leider leer. :(

Tja, geht immer noch nicht. Meine Verlängerung stünde eigentlich am 18.05.22 an.
Da kann ich mir das Geld wohl sparen. Das Programm hat null Support und Weiterentwicklung.
Sorry, das war's.

Been having intermittent problems which I had assumed was something to do with my ageing computer. Now it's stopped completely and, while I'm very slightly relieved that the problem isn't just me, it's infuriating that there's no reply to all our support requests. As others have pointed out, this is a service we pay for and, more many of us, have been doing so for several years. So frustrating but what else can we do except keep contacting support?

Ich hab das jetzt nochmal mit  Firefox/Safari versucht

Das Zertifikat des dritten Links ist definitv am 27.03.2022 abgelaufen - man kann es erlauben, das ändert aber nichts daran, dass es nicht geht.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-14 um 21.39.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-14 um 21.33.12.png

10 hours ago, Aragon77 said:

Ich hab das jetzt nochmal mit  Firefox/Safari versucht

Das Zertifikat des dritten Links ist definitv am 27.03.2022 abgelaufen - man kann es erlauben, das ändert aber nichts daran, dass es nicht geht.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-14 um 21.39.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-14 um 21.33.12.png

Hi, Du hast Recht, sieht bei mir mittlerweile genauso aus. Entweder haben sie zwischenzeitlich etwas geändert, oder ich hatte vor ein paar Tagen falsch geschaut.

Wenn das Zertifikat allerdings schon im März abgelaufen war, hätte der Service nach meinem Verständnis ja bereits da nicht mehr funktionieren müssen. Aber keine Ahnung was die da treiben bzw. nicht treiben. Meine letzte Nachricht vom Support ist vom Freitag, immer noch mit der Rückmeldung das sie "dran" sind.

13 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

Been having intermittent problems which I had assumed was something to do with my ageing computer. Now it's stopped completely and, while I'm very slightly relieved that the problem isn't just me, it's infuriating that there's no reply to all our support requests. As others have pointed out, this is a service we pay for and, more many of us, have been doing so for several years. So frustrating but what else can we do except keep contacting support?

I think that's the only thing we can do... in the end it's in their hands, when and if they fix this bug 😞

What's definitely not ok is that they don't provide the service we all paid for.

Thanks for contacting us!

Very sorry for the inconvenience to you. 
We are working on the server error of Gracenote , it will be fixed soon. I will send you feedback once we have a solution. 
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, dodobis said:
Thanks for contacting us!

Very sorry for the inconvenience to you. 
We are working on the server error of Gracenote , it will be fixed soon. I will send you feedback once we have a solution. 

"Soon" in the language of Geniatech could mean anything – but it means never in the next days.

Just remember how long it took to get a 64-Bit-Version of Eye-TV for the Mac.

Here in the UK I have changed all channels to use the DVB EPG and have successfully updated all channels.  Not sure if this option works worldwide though.  We should all be given credit for the Gracenote EPG once they get it working again, seeing as its a paid for service!  Truly terrible customer service!

OMG it is so depressing. 

Either the interface API at gracenote was replaced by a new version on 01.08.2022 and not incorporated into the products by geniatech in time, or the contract between geniatech and gracenote has expired/cancelled, which would explain the unavailability of epg premium plus in the online shop.

I have been using eyetv since 2011 (version 3) and the application has never let me down. With the sale to China, the time of disillusionment began. The 64-bit variant (version 4) has not progressed beyond beta status to this day (banana software - matures with the customer). Thanks for nothing. 

It is not a simple certificate error. The gracenote server sends a reply.
"EyeTV[81911]: Gracenote: Getting the TVSETUP_EU failed with GCSP: Hello error: [65666] Please contact Elgato EyeTV eyeQ [iq-10180] Prod support."
"EyeTV[81911]: [Gracenote Error 130/74]"

Is it possible that the Client ID has expired?

Be brave and inform the users when the cooperation with Gracenote has been discontinued or the further development of the application is stopped. Otherwise the frustration level will only continue to rise unnecessarily.

21 hours ago, cooperdc said:

Here in the UK I have changed all channels to use the DVB EPG and have successfully updated all channels.  Not sure if this option works worldwide though.  We should all be given credit for the Gracenote EPG once they get it working again, seeing as its a paid for service!  Truly terrible customer service!

Of course you can use DVB-EBG, but this is not the service we all payed for. Gracenote delivers more information than DVB-EPG.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, cooperdc said:

While obviously wanting what I've paid for to be fixed, I'd be grateful for a temporary fix as I'm missing so much at the moment. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean about changing channels to use DVB EPG. For the technically dim, could you please explain it? I'm using EyeTV 3 with the EyeTV DTT.

8 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

While obviously wanting what I've paid for to be fixed, I'd be grateful for a temporary fix as I'm missing so much at the moment. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean about changing channels to use DVB EPG. For the technically dim, could you please explain it? I'm using EyeTV 3 with the EyeTV DTT.

In EyeTV 3, where your channels/stations are arranged, you can switch the EPG to DVB-EPG instead of Gracenote. You will get at least a few information in the EPG afterwards but you need to make sure to pull the EPG update.

1839288601_Bildschirmfoto2022-08-16um17_38_37.png.5f620f9ae6a6530844cddb965028021b.png426201805_Bildschirmfoto2022-08-16um17_37_34.thumb.png.6921dbbe2e304e536aa2be454ecc4d25.png

1 hour ago, OldBiker said:

I'm having the EPG 'server error' issue in the UK, I have emailed support and also asked that my subscription is extended by the number of days 'outage'

And like all of us, you will wait, and wait, and wait for a response from Geniatech.

Maybe this company doesn't even exist anymore, or maybe they didn't pay the bills for the services we paid for.

Das letzte mal, als es mit dem EPG Probleme gab, dauerte die Lösung auch länger. Eine Zeitgutschrift gab es trotzdem nicht.

automatic translation: The last time there were problems with the EPG, the solution also took longer. Nevertheless, there was no time credit.

6 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

DVB means "Digital Video Broadcasting" and evaluates informations that are broadcasted together with the video signal. Unfortunately, DVB contains often less information about the broadcasts than one is used to get from Gracenote. On the other hand, the information is free of charge and is also updated when broadcasts are postponed at short notice.

Another disadvantage is that the database is not updated via the Internet, but the stations must be selected briefly to update the data. Not only does this take much longer, it can't be done while watching a program or during a recording.

DVB heisst Digital Video Broadcasting und wertet Informationen aus, die zusammen mit dem Videosignal ausgestrahlt werden. Leider enthält DVB bei zahlreichen Sendern weniger Angaben zu den Sendungen, als man es sich von Gracenote gewohnt ist. Dafür sind die Informationen gratis und werden auch aktualisiert, wenn Sendungen kurzfristig verschoben werden.

Ein weiterer Nachteil ist, dass die Datenbank nicht über das Internet aktualisiert wird, sondern dass die Sender bei der Aktualisierung kurz angewählt wird, um die Daten zu aktualisieren. Dies dauert nicht nur viel länger, es kann auch nicht während dem Sehen einer Sendung oder während einer Aufnahme gemacht werden.

Another disadvantage of EPG via DVB (at least with Netstream4Sat on satellite Astra 28.2E) is that it will only receive now-and-next info, which renders scheduling virtually useless (a limitation acknowledged by manufacturer).

However, as of Wed 16th, the Gracenote EPG subscription which had expired a week earlier and  did not connect and update to show it had expired, has now been updated with an extended expiry date of around an extra 5 weeks - without any contact with support, so maybe part of their system is starting to be put right

Your Gracenote validity period will be extended the time for the outage period. 
Our engineer is really trying to solve it. Our engineer may need some time. 

Gracenote EPG is still out on EyeTV3 running on an old 27" iMac I had with High Sierra running.

The DVB- EPG is dreadful, but at least it's there (unlike the paid for Gracenote EPG)