alanK

EPG TV Guide in USA not working

I am in Los Angeles California, USA  and my EPG  TV Guide has been out for about 1 week, but I just realized it.

I hope this does not take as long as the last outage over 4 months.

I came home from a long weekend away and found I have nothing listed in my Electronic Program Guide on EyeTV3 or EyeTV4. In the setup screen it says my Program guide account is active until Aug 30, 2022. That is 22 days from now. In addition, I can not find a place to buy an extension to my program guide. I find the picture of it on this web site and click on it but it goes to the EyeTV software instead of the guide. Now what?

Looking at their blog, all the posts have 9 Aug as the post date. Maybe they had a system failure, and they are just getting it back up ... sort of. No reason not to let us know tho.

My EyeTV 3 EPG was working earlier today, Monday, August 8, and I was able to schedule programs through Thursday, August 11 @ 4:30 AM. I could have continued but my dog was begging for attention. Now, I come back to it at 11:00 PM the same night, and my EPG is completely empty. and it says, "The Program Guide has no data to display." That is bizarre, as just a few hours earlier, it had two weeks of data to display. What gives?

What's the deal? ...  3 EyeTVs with 3 blank TV guides ...  Preferences: eyetvplus has expired with Renewal button yet under it,  my subscriptions are active until Aug 20, 2023.  I click the Renewal button, get redirected to this useless page where I can not renew my subscriptions.  I believe I go through this before.

Not working on the East Coast either. Started last night, 8 August. It's happened before and lasted several days. We'll see how long it takes this time to fix. PITA.

The last time I remember this happening, July of 2021, seems like it took more than a week to get fixed. I had started looking for an EyeTV replacement. I'm now thinking I make a mistake by not following through. No one needs this aggravation. In my experience Geniatech ignores their customers and customer service sucks. I have e-mailed customer service 5 or 6 times over the years and have gotten a reply once.

• Like 1

Glad to hear someone has filed a support ticket. Let’s see if they are still providing any kind of support.

Since discovering the service outage, I have had to fall back on my backup OTA DVR, which is a Plex Lifetime Pass (pay just once) I bought a few years ago. The family prefers the EyeTV interface, but I may have to use this as evidence that Geniatech cannot be trusted to keep EyeTV running properly and the family has to get comfortable with recording shows using the Plex DVR. (I have been keeping the Mac mini on Mojave just to keep running EyeTV 3.)

The Plex DVR has come a long way since the last EyeTV TV Guide outage, now during this outage I’m going to find out if Plex works well enough to dump EyeTV…

I've found that communication with the Chinese owners to be a bit lacking.  And, by a bit, I mean they are absolutely useless.  During their major outage a couple of years ago, it took months of only getting the same response from "Angela Xu"  who appears to no longer be there.  For at least 6 weeks the response is our engineers are doing some final testing... I have a solution, fire them and hire a team that knows what they are doing.  Maybe this is how the Chinese government deals with Spkr Pelosi's trip to Taiwan.

If they don't deal with this soon, the will lose even more users.  Elgato really screwed all of us when they sold EyeTV to Geniatech.

Hey Geniatech  get your damn act together and tell us what is happening.  Better still, fix it.  Did you fail to pay TV Guide and they shut you down again*?

* just a guess.

The support ticket system is a joke.  If they can not determine if there is a MAJOR system failure, a ticket submission is not going to help.

I am so sick of this companies lack of incentive to keep their system working.  In the 10+ years with Elgato this type of outage just did not happen.  Once in a great while they had an issue that was solved in hours. Now this is the forth time Geniatech has screwed us.

Edited by alanK
  • Like 3

Yes, yes, here we go again. EPG data not downloading. I am using EyeTV 3 and subscribed until March 2023, sign.

At https://www.geniatech.eu/support/ the only Premium service listed is eyeTV plus.

Titan TV no longer working:

"The TitanTV account information is invalid. Please verify and correct your account information, then try again."

Looks like Genitatech have cut us off.

• Like 1

This is extremely frustrating. Happened last year a month before my guide renewal and ended up losing that month...only to have it happen again about a month before renewal.

use Titan TV,  but it doesn't work automatically like it did when I first got EyeTV 10 years ago.

However if you go on titantv.com and create an account (free) you will be able to pull up your local guide and set a recording remotely. It takes a lot more steps but it works. You click on the show you want to record, press the red record button and the first box below pulls up, you choose save, then the 2nd box pops up and you choose ok and it pops the schedule into eyetv guide, however it doesn't show the actual number of the channel, see 3rd box, you go into your eyetv guide on that program and choose the right channel. It's a pain in the butt!! But at least you won't miss out on shows that record at 2AM in the morning, etc.  

I hope these screen shots appear when I try to enter this comment. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.07.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.07.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.07.43 AM.png

everyone makes a good point. 15 year user

Last time this happened to me it took about 6 months. They gave me a 6 month credit for the guide and blamed it on server issues.

in that time I used https://www.xmltvlistings.com/. Works pretty good. You even get program info, season and episode numbers.

• Like 1

Hi TBone, does this online tv listing import into eyetv somehow (like TV Guide)? If so, I will gladly pay the price. TitanTv is free, but a little more work 

30 minutes ago, SKL said:

Hi TBone, does this online tv listing import into eyetv somehow (like TV Guide)? If so, I will gladly pay the price. TitanTv is free, but a little more work 

If you view all channels, on the right side you’ll see click on EPG and select XMLTV. You just have to set the channel then download once a week, drag the file to the Eyetv icon.53693839-9FD3-4174-A894-53AECE87E399.thumb.jpeg.6200afe02ac7e8e33dfbbda9388480e2.jpeg

Titan TV no longer working for me. Tried to troubleshoot by creating a new Titan TV account (and logging in at EyeTV preferences), still getting account information is invalid message.

FinderScreenSnapz005.jpg.c9119b2ff8c184b01041db0b8bdcd0b0.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, prettyfinch said:

Same here (Tallahassee, FL) for the last 10 days, but changed today to: image.thumb.png.f463790bf424885780b4738a75e0a83b.png

I have done nothing to change my hardware....

Albuquerque, NM: I use Digital Antenna ATSC and it shows "OK". Weird.

EyeTVScreenSnapz014.thumb.jpg.779656b537c6e955c7ed44d94c23da6d.jpg