alanK

EPG TV Guide in USA not working

On 1/26/2023 at 9:22 PM, TBone said:

Still works with xml

Is there another post i should be involved in?

Actually if, like me, you purchased an EyeTV unit and software since the issue started last summer then you may be out of luck even with paid access to the xmltvlistings website.  That is because although I followed all the specific directions as shown in this very helpful discussion thread here on the forum (which you may wish to check out), I don't have the channel lineup populated as a newer user (won't show anything no matter what zip code I enter).  Therefore I first need to have someone send me a file for the channel lineup in my area and/or import the channels I need manually (if anyone knows how to do that).  Simply dragging the custom .xmltv file onto the EyeTV icon does nothing without the channel lineup set first.

And furthermore, without doing that I can't even get the included IR blaster to work with my cable box (I have EyeTV HD), which means I can only use the service if:  A) I manually schedule every recording using a third party guide outside the platform and B) I am always there to change the channel and turn on my cable box before each scheduled recording.  Perhaps if I pay for the xmltv service they can help me import my channel lineup manually since EyeTV's zip code feature is indefinitely broken, along with the included program guide.