eaglerock

August 8 2022 - EPG updates failing AGAIN?

In the daily update of my US EPG listings yesterday, all my program information vanished. Further update attempts have not filled in any new information. I have cleared the EPG database several times without improvement; when that failed, I re-ran the setup assistant, also without improvement.

As of now, I can see the title of the current program in the frontmost window - but only in EyeTV 3.6.9; EyeTV 4 does not provide that information. The program guide has no program listings whatsoever. I can still schedule recordings, but only by inputting all the information by hand.

Is this a general EPG outage, or a US-specific EPG outage, or a US over-the-air EPG outage? Or is this just me?

The veterans here may recall that all EPG listings vanished a few years ago, and were gone for over six months (even though Geniatech continued to sell EPG subscriptions, effectively accepting payment for a service they were not providing). Does anyone know whether this is what's happening now? If this isn't resolved in the next few days, I think that's the end of my days with EyeTV, after 16 years, seven tuners and twelve licenses. I can't keep pouring money and energy into an application that the developer won't make any visible effort to maintain or support.

😞

Software:

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7530), EyeTV 4.0.0 (8526)

macOS 10.14.6 Mojave

EPG license current until November 2022

Hardware:

2015 13" MacBook Pro Retina i7/1TB SSD/16GB

HDHomeRun Quatro (Ethernet connection)

• Like 2

Just found the same problem and looks like before as you state.  Running the same version of EyeTV 3 and Mojave.  Sure haven't found anything close in ease of use.

Edited by JWA
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 1:20 PM, StefanG said:

The same problem here with the German EPG, no contact to the server ...

Same at me!

Like other users told, this "Repair Action" ( https://www.geniatech.eu/faq/epg-gracenote-cannot-connect-to-server/ )

nothing changes at me, too.  i have payed for Gracenote EPG until 22. dec. 2022. What now?

Changing EPG from Gracenote to DVB works but i want all the infos back about i have payed for Actors, musik, Regie and so on to get my Eye-TV filters work again !!!!!

Edited by Arnd_Gehrmann
adding some Text

Yes, same here. 

And Geniatech's support isn't being very helpful apart from being "sorry for the inconvenience, the issue will be fixed 'soon'"....

I don't think it will be very useful, but I have decided to also let the former "owner" of eyeTV know how dissatisfied I am with the current level of service and support from the current owner.

If anyone is able to knock on Geniatech's doors and ask what's going on, and let them know that the problems also have an impact on their own Google ratings....:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eve+Systems+Gmbh/@48.1523982,11.5333388,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x479e7616c40fffff:0x51802e3ec2e9973e!8m2!3d48.1523982!4d11.5338873

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, wunderfitz_FR said:

Yes, same here. 

And Geniatech's support isn't being very helpful apart from being "sorry for the inconvenience, the issue will be fixed 'soon'"....

I don't think it will be very useful, but I have decided to also let the former "owner" of eyeTV know how dissatisfied I am with the current level of service and support from the current owner.

If anyone is able to knock on Geniatech's doors and ask what's going on, and let them know that the problems also have an impact on their own Google ratings....:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eve+Systems+Gmbh/@48.1523982,11.5333388,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x479e7616c40fffff:0x51802e3ec2e9973e!8m2!3d48.1523982!4d11.5338873

Thanks for the heads, up. I have added a similar Google review for the old company. What is a great pity is that since the transfer to Geniatech, nobody has come along and built something similar - surely with reverse engineering it must be possible for somebody to clone and pirate the code, and take it further? Ideally not another Chinese outfit, given our dreadful experience with this one.