stuartf

Gracenote EU EPG Down & Service Renewal Removed from shop

???

Je viens de faire le test, le fichier xmltv_tnt.xml est bien valide jusqu'au 26 Janvier 0h, soit 5j.

Vous avez bien compris qu'il fallait recharger manuellement ce fichier dans EyeTV tous les 5 jours ou moins ?

9 hours ago, geeji said:

???

Je viens de faire le test, le fichier xmltv_tnt.xml est bien valide jusqu'au 26 Janvier 0h, soit 5j.

Vous avez bien compris qu'il fallait recharger manuellement ce fichier dans EyeTV tous les 5 jours ou moins ?

Je crois bien avoir tout compris; j'avais fait la sottise de glisser/déposer le XML dans l'icône du DOCK ! Maintenant ça marche !

En fait, à chaque fois que l'on va chercher le xmltv_tnt.xml sur le web, il prend les programmes du jour et des 4 suivants (il est mis à jour la nuit précédente) et il suffit de le déposer sur eyetv.app pour avoir les 5 jours par rapport à la date du jour où on le fait.

Est-ce que j'ai bon ?

On 12/8/2022 at 8:29 PM, bladerunner1948 said:

I've just received this from Kelly after I asked for a refund.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us.

EPG can not be subscribed at present. Please contact with our colleague Sabine about the refund.

Sabine: sabine@eu-geniatech.com

Best Regards,

Kelly 

Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

I contacted Sabine and the next day received a refund via PayPal for 6 months of UK EPG subscription.

So clearly it's never going to be fixed. But good to know you can request a refund.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, stuartf said:

Apologies I missed a # from the first line of xmltv_refresh.sh

should be 

#!/bin/bash

See OldGoat's post above

@stuartf Thanks for your posts - I (belatedly) got xmltv working ... though I'm noticing that after a few days it's stopped picking up any shows for BBC Radio stations, and only does TV.  Is that the same with your setup?

Sorry I have not used xmltv for BBC Radio stations. It could be that they have been renamed. 

You may want to rerun the channel config from scratch, but be warned that is quite painful unless you select all !

Stuart

If anyone is using the xmltv refresh script from above you may have noticed that the EPG has defaulted to 5 days recently

I think the 14 day listing option has gone away. Change —days from 14 to 10

/opt/local/bin/tv_grab_uk_tvguide --nodetailspage --days 10

Stuart

On 4/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, stuartf said:

If anyone is using the xmltv refresh script from above you may have noticed that the EPG has defaulted to 5 days recently

I think the 14 day listing option has gone away. Change —days from 14 to 10

/opt/local/bin/tv_grab_uk_tvguide --nodetailspage --days 10

Stuart

@stuartfLooks like tvguide may be dying ... the website (and the screen-scraping feeds) run out of data at the end of August.  Have been trying to get my head around SchedulesDirect but ... nightmare!

19 hours ago, alaninbelfast said:

@stuartfLooks like tvguide may be dying ... the website (and the screen-scraping feeds) run out of data at the end of August.  Have been trying to get my head around SchedulesDirect but ... nightmare!

It came back this morning. I reran my my download script about 09:30. Just a week of listings so far with some data missing

I'm wildly speculating that the person responsible for this was on holiday for the past two weeks!

It was enough of a scare to make my weekend project buying and setting up a HD Homerun Quatro on my Plex server. Works flawlessly but zero option to edit the recording (one of the best features of EyeTV 3). I did first try to connect my NetStream 4 Sat but just could not get it to work this time around. It previously seemed to work. At least now I have options for recording from Sat and DTV!

Stuart

On 8/29/2023 at 12:17 PM, stuartf said:

It came back this morning. I reran my my download script about 09:30. Just a week of listings so far with some data missing

I'm wildly speculating that the person responsible for this was on holiday for the past two weeks!

It was enough of a scare to make my weekend project buying and setting up a HD Homerun Quatro on my Plex server. Works flawlessly but zero option to edit the recording (one of the best features of EyeTV 3). I did first try to connect my NetStream 4 Sat but just could not get it to work this time around. It previously seemed to work. At least now I have options for recording from Sat and DTV!

Stuart

Hi Stuart, 

I use smart cutter (https://www.fame-ring.com/smart_cutter.html) to edit my Plex recordings. Unfortunately at least on a Mac it is a bit buggy, but better than nothing...

• Like 1

Bonjour,
Avant de sortir de mon lit, j’ai programmé mon MACPRO (Monterey) et eyetv 4 (8528) pour enregistrer à 7h00 AM les premières nouvelles du matin sur les chaines TV.
Quand j’arrive à mon bureau à 9h00, je constate chaque matin que l’enregistrement est en cours mais que le son est ouvert et réveille la famille.
Connaissez-vous un réglage pour que les enregistrements se passent en silence ?
merci pour vos conseils.

Hello,
Before I got out of bed, I programmed my MACPRO (Monterey) and eyetv 4 (8528) to record the morning’s first news on TV channels at 7:00 AM.
When I arrive at my office at 9:00 am, I notice every morning that the recording is underway but that the sound is open and awakens the family.
Do you know a setting so that the recordings will pass silently?
thank you for your advice.

There still seems to be no resolution in sight for the issue with the UK xmltv grabber from TVGuide

If you are thinking about trying EyeTV 4 don't. I did that experiment for you

The guide is as expected broken there too! The server never responds

The DVB option only grabs the next on air program, not the week it should process and add. Plus it does not run automatically making this useless too!

If you are on Apple Silicon the program will crash frequently. It seems OK on my old Intel Man mini.

So pretty much every problem that has been raised in the topic area is still not fixed

I have challenged support on these issues and asked for a refund they cannot or will not be fixed

Stuart

You could try to use the ≈100MB XML file at : https://xmltvfr.fr/xmltv.php > https://xmltvfr.fr/xmltv/xmltv.xml, which includes about 899 channels.
Some filtering/pruning will be required before pushing the XML onto Eyetv.
There are 16 « .uk » channels in this file :
<channel id="AlJazeeraEnglish.uk">
<channel id="BBC1.uk">
<channel id="BBC2.uk">
<channel id="BBC4.uk">
<channel id="BBCEntertainment.uk">
<channel id="BBCWorld.uk">
<channel id="BBCWorldNews.uk">
<channel id="Bloomberg.uk">
<channel id="BloombergUKEurope.uk">
<channel id="CGTNDocumentary.uk">
<channel id="CNBC.uk">
<channel id="CNBCEurope.uk">
<channel id="CNN.uk">
<channel id="ClassicaEnglish.uk">
<channel id="SKYNEWS.uk">
<channel id="StingrayCMusic.uk">

There is still no fix for the xmltv project tv_grab_uk_tvguide grabber

Recent attempts by xmltv project members to use the new API seem to have been blocked by the owners of TV Guide.

In the interim I have been looking at the pay service provided by Schedules Direct. This supports the xmltv grabber  tv_grab_zz_sdjson.

Schedules Direct  offer a 7 day free trail of the service. You have to sign up to get a login. Then a $35 annual charge (the underlying data is provided by Gracenote)

https://www.schedulesdirect.org

(I have no affiliation with SD)

My experience so far is that it seems to work with a few minor issues (such as no BBC1 HD listing), probably a config issue by me likely to be resolved by running config with a different option

It was simple enough to configure by simply switching out the tv_grab_uk_tvguide in my xmltv_refresh.sh script for tv_grab_zz_sdjson

and running tv_grab_zz_sdjson —config to set up for the first time

The data seems good over a 10 day period and has successfully updated over the past couple of days. Based on this I plan to subscribe once my weeks trial is over next week

EyeTV 3 lives on for a bit and possibly this will even work with EyeTV 4. Although I doubt the latter will ever be updated for Apple Silicon Macs 

Stuart

Edit: I forgot to mention that the download time for listings from SD  is really quick!

Edited by stuartf

This is brilliant Stuartf - works a treat. I considered SD in the past but they say that's it's only for free software (like NextPVR) whereas EyeTV is a paid application.

I use an M2 MacBook Air running EyeTV4 on Sonoma with a Netstream4Sat tuner and all is well.

BTW BBC1 HD is there.

The only thing I can't do is to get the script to import the xml file into EyeTV. I have to save the xml data in the Terminal output to a separate xml file and then drag the file onto the EyeTV icon. I suspect that I'm doing something wrong, however.

I adapted your original script as follows but removed the 'no details' command since it wasn't recognised by SD

#!/bin/sh

/opt/local/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --days 10
/opt/local/bin/tv_sort --by-channel --output ~/.xmltv/uk.xml
/usr/bin/open -a /Applications/EyeTV.app ~/.xmltv/uk.xml

- same as before - terminal displays the xml data (my it's fast) but EyeTV doesn't open or receive the data.

- the command /usr/bin/open -a /Applications/EyeTV.app does work though so my problem is with the exported xml file or lack of one!

The first two lines in your script should be one line with the | (pipe) symbol between them

My script:

#!/bin/bash

cd ~/.xmltv

/opt/local/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --days 14 | /opt/local/bin/tv_sort --by-channel --output ~/.xmltv/mytv.xml

# load xml EPG in EyeTV

/usr/bin/open -a /Applications/EyeTV.app ~/.xmltv/mytv.xml

The cd line is not really needed

Hope this helps

Stuart