Dee Cee

EyeTV 4 and Apple Silicon compatibility

I've been searching the Geniatech site for some info, but as ever when it comes to this company, silence appears to be their default setting.

Hey Geniatech some info about Apple Silicon compatibility would be good!

Any way, it's been almost 2 years since Apple launched their M1 based Macs, during which time many variations of Apple Silicon have been released, so has anyone been able to get EyeTV 4 up and running on Apple Silicon based Macs? 

What issues have you encountered (if any)?

I use EyeTV4 on a Mac Mini M1 since a few weeks and we‘ve many many problems. No day with at least one crash, the programmed recordings are not complete due that crashes 😞

I def can‘t recommend to use EyeTV4 on Apple-silicone machines…

• Like 1

Install EyeTV 8527, it has problems but it works, if you check the version it says 8526 but it's actually 8527, i use it on Mac mini M1 with Monterey 12.5

https://www.geniatech.eu/download/eyetv-4-0-0-8527-64-bit-mac-version/

• Like 1

Correct, I did not get notified of the update. I had to go to the website and find that my current "build" (8526) was older than the currently available build (8527).

Interestingly, I updated to the most recent 8527 build, but when I go to the "About EyeTV" menu item splash screen, it still says 8526.

Quality software...!!

• Like 1