Sign in to follow this  
David Walker

Program list malfunctioned.

My EyeTV program guide has ceased to show the names of most TV programs, although it still shows the radio programs.

When I try to manually update it it gives "Update failed due to a server error."
The programs all play when I click on the station column.
Can you help?

7 hours ago, David Walker said:

My EyeTV program guide has ceased to show the names of most TV programs, although it still shows the radio programs.

When I try to manually update it it gives "Update failed due to a server error."
The programs all play when I click on the station column.
Can you help?

Hi David, if you check other recent post on forum, you will see you are not alone. Geniatech has had an outage on their server side since about August 8th. All EPG services are down. Your tuner will still work, though.

Hi David,

this has actually happened before. I don't remember how long users had to wait for a resolution of the issue last time, but I'm guessing it took a looong time.

They've offered me a refund, or an extension of my current EPG subscription, and I opted for the latter.

Until they fix the problem, we'll have to resort to the "open" EPGs available to us (which - in my case - is the guide that comes with the DVB signal, which is unfortunately inferior to the Premium EPG).

But I've decided to sit back and twiddle my thumbs instead of letting my adrenaline take the upper hand. 

I would recommend that you also ask for whatever suits you best - termination of the premium EPG subscription, or its extension by the amount of months the outage will end up taking.

Oliver