Lise BANKIR

Gracenote does not work anymore

Hello, I have been using EyeTV3 and Gracenote for many years and I love it.

But since about two weeks, Gracenote does not work anymore. I can see only 3 programs when I see usually 30 or more. 

It is suppose to update regularly. But now, I see a message saying the update did not succeed because of an error of the server. 

What should I do to get Grecenot work again?

Thank you for your answer(s).

Best wishes,

Lise

Hi Lise,
Other's have reported the same problem, in various countries in Europe. I use it in Germany, and it stopped working 5 weeks ago. See here for another discussion: 

People who have contacted support got the message that they are working on fixing the problems. Nothing happened over the past weeks, unfortunately.

The same to me for several weeks without any help from Gracenote, account still lasting till December 2022 without any use. Worst customer service since then.

We're all getting screwed here!

For six weeks now, Geniatech has allegedly been unable to solve a problem that really isn't rocket science. I have now written several emails to Geniatech support. The answer (quote): Our technicians are working around the clock to solve the problem (end quote).

Six weeks... around the clock... does Geniatech seriously think that anyone believes this fairy tale? The service is dead - and Geniatech doesn't want to bring it back to life. Period.

I don't want to hear their lies anymore. I want my money back.

Screen Shot.jpg

My experience is exactly the same as above. It is a complete rip-off. The whole Eyetv system has been deteriorating for years. It is so disappointing as it used to be brilliant but now it is worse than useless. I have paid my subscription to Geniatech until December but for the past couple of months have not been able to use it. At the very least we should get a refund. I will not be renewing in December unless things improve and will probably give up on the whole thing - what a dreadful shame.

1 hour ago, Chris18 said:

My experience is exactly the same as above. It is a complete rip-off. The whole Eyetv system has been deteriorating for years. It is so disappointing as it used to be brilliant but now it is worse than useless. I have paid my subscription to Geniatech until December but for the past couple of months have not been able to use it. At the very least we should get a refund. I will not be renewing in December unless things improve and will probably give up on the whole thing - what a dreadful shame.

Hi. This is a post from a forum post from someone in Germany (Google Translate). Perhaps use this info to get at least a partial refund?

I searched forum for "anteilig" which is prorated in German.

"...we are sorry to inform you that there are technical problems with the server and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We can offer you an extension of the term according to the duration of the problem or a partial refund of the invoice amount.
Please let us know what you have chosen.
Thanks & Greetings from Aachen /Gruß aus Aachen/DE
Sabine Schroer/GTE
Follow us at Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/eyetv4europe/>
Geniatech Direct Sales Team.
Geniatech Europe GmbH (EMEA HQ)
Kaiserstrasse 100 (TPH 1)
52134 Herzogenrath
Phone: 0049-2407-55290-80
Fax: 0049-2407-55290-89

Edited by TBinNM

Yes, through opening a support ticket. But the same answer, a technician is working on it, they hope it will be resolved, soon. Then someone in Germany posted this on October16th:

Translated version:
The only solution seems to be to reclaim your money. The service will probably not come back.

The problem, however, is to reach Geniatech. The e-mail addresses given on the web page are probably not read. Since I paid via PayPal, at least I was able to find their PayPal email address through the PayPal account. I then wrote to this address and asked for a pro rata refund of the purchase price (Geniatech had supplied me for about 6 months, they should refund the remaining 6 months). That worked out pretty quickly. The money was transferred back to the Paypal account a few days later.

The email address was: GTESALES@geniatech.com

I have no idea whether it works in general or only in connection with Paypal payments. But it's worth a try if you can't reach Geniatech through other means.

I'll try the same this week. Good luck!

Try all of these e-mail addresses:

GTEsales@geniatech.com
GTEsupport@geniatech.com
shopadmin-en@eu-geniatech.com
services@eu-geniatech.com

I wrote a note to all of them for a refund. Within two days I got my money back (yes, they sent it to my PayPal account).

• Like 2