Seriously?

Oct 2022 - Is anyone actually working on the Missing EPG issue?

On 10/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, Seriously? said:

Nearly 75 days without EPG service.

Is ANYONE at Geniatech actually trying to correct the issue???

I hope so as well. It would be nice if Geniatech will stick around to update their only money making product right now: EyeTV. But having limited the product's usefulness by neglecting the EPG service is a horrendous way to run a business.

Confession: I recently bought EyeTV 4 64-bit so I can upgrade my iMac to Catalina (macOS 10.15). Would be nice for Geniatech to commit to supporting their software.

• Like 1

There is a misconception that Geniatech is some small company that only makes Eyetv hardware and software. Eyetv is a small and obviously ignored part of a large company that, according to their site: Geniatech is a a global ODM/OEM manufacturer for digital TV and smart IoT devices, we focuses on providing one-stop solution of multimedia and wireless technologies with hardware and software designs based on all operating systems.
Our products include OTT/IPTV Android TV box, industrial mini PC, commercial tablet, E-Ink display, IoT gateway and sensor box, ARM development board, video capture card, tv tuner, content management system, device management system and hotel TV systems.

https://www.geniatech.com

• Like 1

If anyone in the US wants to try to contact Geniatech they have an office:

America

Geniatech USA LLC
3091 East 98TH ST, Suite 260, Carmel, IN 46280
Tel: +1-317-975-1312

Edited by EYEMISSELGATO
  • Like 1

i have just got a message from Geniatech Europe.

The main reasons for the technical EPG problems are technical server problems which last longer than expected.

Normally, such a faulty server would have been temporally replaced and repaired.

es tut uns leid, Ihnen mitteilen zu müssen, dass es technische Probleme mit dem Server gibt, deren Behebung etwas mehr Zeit in Anspruch nimmt als gewöhnlich.
Leider können wir noch nicht genau abschätzen wann die Daten wieder zur Verfügung stehen. Wir werden Sie aber benachrichtigen, wenn der Dienst wieder funktioniert.
Wir möchten uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.

Wir können Ihnen eine Laufzeitverlängerung entsprechend der Dauer des Problems anbieten oder anteilig den Rechnungsbetrag erstatten.
Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, wofür Sie sich entschieden haben.

• Like 1

It's very doubtful the issue is actually a server hardware issue. That's all merely the same excuse they gave in August.

Last time this happened, it took an app upgrade to fix it. There's no reason an app upgrade would be needed if the issue is a hardware related server issue. More likely the API key for the EPG data quit working -- if I had to guess, perhaps they failed to pay the fee for using the EPG data API key and they are just waiting to be able to afford it again or debating if it's worth paying for. They'd need to release a new app version to correct or change the internal API key the app uses... This is what makes the most sense to me, although I doubt they'd confirm or deny this.

At this point (nearly 120 days without service) they clearly just do not care about customers.

Even if it is a server hardware fault.... it doesn't take 120 days to replace a server.

Edited by Seriously?
  • Like 2

I note the last paragraph in their ridiculous excuse:

Wir können Ihnen eine Laufzeitverlängerung entsprechend der Dauer des Problems anbieten oder anteilig den Rechnungsbetrag erstatten.
Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, wofür Sie sich entschieden haben.

We can offer you an extension of the term according to the duration of the problem or a partial refund of the invoice amount.
Please let us know what you have chosen.

This compensation is something I've now argued for several times since this current outage began. If this is Geniatech's policy for addressing prolonged failures of their service for which we paid in advance, why don't they communicate this offer to their entire affected customer base (which is all of us), either by posting an announcement to this forum (which they control), or by sending an announcement by email to their entire list of current subscribers (which they do whenever they want us to buy something)?

Why do we have to individually complain in order to get a remedy for having our pockets picked?

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, Seriously? said:

Nearly 75 days without EPG service.

Is ANYONE at Geniatech actually trying to correct the issue???

Clearly not

I hope another company takes over, but Geniatech has clearly killed the product