BobEyeTV

Mac OS Ventura, 13.0 EyeTV DON"T!!!

I have been using a couple of  Eyetv 250 plus tuner on a couple of 2012 mac minis. Recently had to upgrade one with M2 and want to keep using the tuner as a DVR, so been looking to upgrade to the 64bit app. Where do you purchase/acquire a new license? 

Hi Spike. We live in the Canadian country and have an antenna on the roof which catches freely most stations (on an intelligent TV) between Montreal, Ottawa, Burlington, Albany... with a high resolution. Also many cable stations are available freely on Internet. Adios Eyetv : -)

Hi jackthejoy, I emailed support and just purchased eyetv4 for my new mini and it's working great. Nice to be able to use the old tuner with the new mac and os as I did before!

On 5/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, Spike said:

The Eyetv 4 will not run on M2?

EyeTV 4 does run on my M2 Pro MacBook Pro, but it's not getting a signal from my EyeTV Hybrid.

There was one instance where I plugged the Hybrid back in and it miraculously worked. It stopped working again after I reopened the app.

I am running EyeTV 4 (8531) on an M2 Pro Mac Mini running MacOS 13.6.1 with an (ATSC) EyeTV Hybrid USB stick without big issues.  I am a late adopter, so I will wait a long while before I  upgrade to Sonoma.

Eyetv macOS 64-bit does not work. Does not work on Ventura or Sonoma. The last time things worked properly was on High Sierra eyetv3. When I upgraded one of my computers to Ventura and then Sonoma, NOTHING WORKS. Keeps crashing. I have 8 eyetv hybrids, all working on older, better MasOS systems, so I don't like upgrading from Apple. 

Trying to contact eyetv and geniatech is almost impossible. When you go to the tech page, it asks for a validation token. What. They should want to hear from their long-time customers without putting them through all of this process. But I guess it just means that they really don't care.

When I try to open my Eyetv macOS 64-bit using using the eyetv hybrid, it opens and then crashes constantly. Sometimes it opens scans and then crashes. Not working, no tech support, no phone, no help. Horrible, horrible horrible management from Geniatech. elgato was better.