Roland B.

EyeTV 4 crashing on macOS Ventura

I have a genuine copy of EyeTV 4 installed on my iMac and are yet to upgrade to Ventura from Monterey.  I was already under the impression that the latest version (that I have installed) was NOT compatible with Ventura and then on Mon (31st Oct) whilst EyeTV was open I had a pop-up with new software version ava for download.  In the notes it says compatible with Ventura

I would suggest this the best and safest way to upgrade to the latest version which isn't currently ava on the EyeTV website for download at present.  Obviously you already need to have a stable version on EyeTV installed in Monterey before you get offered this, So won't be of any use to anyone already on Ventura.

• Like 1

I think I'm done with EyeTV.  Had various devices and software over the past 15 years where they're happy to take the money but won't provide the support.  I've got a TV schedule subscription which hasn't worked for months.  Now the Mac software has bombed after the latest Mac OS update.  Life's too short to keep chasing this shower.

I have downloaded 8528 and it seems to startup but it wants my activation key and  I no longer have it written down anywhere.  What can  I do know?  Any help will be appreciated.

On 11/30/2022 at 1:32 AM, sugar baby said:

I have downloaded 8528 and it seems to startup but it wants my activation key and  I no longer have it written down anywhere.  What can  I do know?  Any help will be appreciated.

Hi sugar baby, there is no need to write it down somewhere. At least in my case I got the activation key by email after paying from "services@eu-geniatech.com". Maybe you check your mails for your code.

8528 works with latest Ventura update. 

Was having the crash issue after upgrade to Ventura. Ran the EyeTV reporter to uninstall everything.  Works after the re-install.  Guessing it's something to do with all of the MacOS security changes.  Thanks to all who posted on this thread!

Hi guys, I was just about to replace my nice old intel  mac mini from 2012 by an M2 mac mini, but after reading about all that trouble I‘m gonna replace the old hard disk by a cheap 2TB ssd and continue to use the nice old EyeTV Version 3 on the nice old High Sierra OS 😜

Thanks for all your storys and comments which lead me to this cheep desicion 😊

jb