4 hours ago, Trebuin said:

Is there any chance of upgrade to HEVC/x265 support?  I've been using that for a while & it works out excellently for all of my projects.  This would also help avoid a second encode of the EyeTV material & if available, would bring quality up to 10 or 12 bit if the source material provides it.

I second that, x265 would be great.

Hi

i am running eyetv 4.0.0b6 8509 with an eyeTV Sat S2 device on:

image.png.74d719b4fbb87afe7fc75278d04f67d6.png

it is not possible for me to change to fullscreen mode.

the application is also very unstable, it crashes when I try to enter fullscreen.

I'm missing the eyeTV Sat S2 device in the mike's choise list

Version 4 Beta is working well with Mac OS Catalina but there is a problem with the EPG. The list of channels in the left hand column does not line up with the programme panels to which they relate! It would be useful to sort this out asap.

EyeTV 4.0.0.6b crashes after start-up.

Using Elgato EyeTV 310 DVB-S with macOS Catalina 10.15 on iMac End 2012, 3,4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB.

Thank you for developing EyeTV 64 Bit for Elgato EyeTV 310 DVB-S.

well done!

very very nice redesigned interface that is better to use than the old one.

of course there are still bugs and crashes (as already listed here in the forum) - but I think it's great what's already achieved!

currently running on my mac-mini server (late 2012 /2,3 ghz quad i7 16gb ram) is mojave (14.6) with eyetv3 and i'm testing eyetv4 on the macbookpro (15" 2017 2,9 ghz quad i7 16gb ram) with catalina (15.0). both via netstream 4sat (1.1.0-402r1).

it's also great that eyetv4 like eyetv3 can control all 4 tuners at the same time after setting the corresponding key via terminal (defaults write com.elgato.eyetv "max SAT2IP tuners" -int 4).

cheers
tom

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 13.19.51.png

Edited by Tom_
  • Like 1

I've tried to use 8509 on Catalina wit an eyetv netstream 4c, but I can't get it to work. I'm not able to tune the channels:

image.thumb.png.78657ea603731cd63606c0fa48fa334f.png

This messages appears although there is no recording

On macOS Catalina using EyeTV Hybrid and the latest beta. Mostly works fine, but the time slider at the top of the screen does not. Usually it just gets stuck (when trying to drag it). I especially like the new UI (without the separate controller window).

My main question is about EyeTV Netstream 4C.

1. I have the firmware file (vixs_firmware_1.1.0-403r1_V1.update from Mike's earlier post). But I can't find a way to update the 4C. How can I update the firmware?

2. If I do update, will older EyeTV 3 still work (there are some Macs here which are not supported by Catalina)?

3. If something goes wrong, will it be possible to restore the current firmware of the 4C?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tom_ said:

well done!

very very nice redesigned interface that is better to use than the old one.

of course there are still bugs and crashes (as already listed here in the forum) - but I think it's great what's already achieved!

currently running on my mac-mini server (late 2012 /2,3 ghz quad i7 16gb ram) is mojave (14.6) with eyetv3 and i'm testing eyetv4 on the macbookpro (15" 2017 2,9 ghz quad i7 16gb ram) with catalina (15.0). both via netstream 4sat (1.1.0-402r1).

it's also great that eyetv4 like eyetv3 can control all 4 tuners at the same time after setting the corresponding key via terminal (defaults write com.elgato.eyetv "max SAT2IP tuners" -int 4).

cheers
tom

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 13.19.51.png

This is great Tom, I'm now wondering what the device identifier in the terminal command would be to enable all 4 tuners for the HD HomeRun Connect Quattro (HDHR-EU) here in Australia as at the moment I can only get EyeTV 4.0.0b6 (8509) to see the same two out of four tuners on that device on the many Macs in my household. (All are running the latest Catalina 10.15).  

I agree that EyeTV is looking good already despite the current bugs in the beta.  Thankyou Geniatech for the hard work you're putting in getting this working.  I'll be more than happy paying an upgrade fee to use what has always been one of the best TV recording apps in the World. 🙂

Geniatech,...

When you give out a new beta (I have the feeling, this is imminent), please also post a changelog with that. Thank you.

Please support the device: Elgato EyeTV 310 DVB-S

Currently EyeTV 4 beta does not work with EyeTV 310 DVB-S on Catalina 10.15.0.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Not sure how to go about this but will carry on posting BETA issues here until I get directed to a page dedicated to reporting BETA VER 4.0 issues.

2 More issues spotted.

- The search field (Top right) does not work properly, only allowing me to type in one letter then the next letter replace the first one (attached screenshot)

- Once a recorded program ends we no longer have the option to CLOSE | DELETE | PLAY FROM BEGINNING | ECT

Cheers

Phil 

macOS Catalina 10.15

Running EYETV 4.0 0b6 (8509)

Screenshot 2019-10-20 11.34.01.png

Edited by Pheel

On 8/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, Mikyesun said:

all - we move to a public beta - so everybody / eyetv customer are invited to join - 

Update v20191010 /v_EyeTV4.0.0b6(8059).dmg:

thank for great, value and open feedback, please keep on doing so, following fixes, in below you will find the latest beta release

• Netstream 4c autoscan issue
  • several performance issue / several cosmetics issue 
  • eyetv plus fix
  • add eyetv U6 lite support

we keep on improving, thanks for value feedback.

please download EyeTV4.0.0b6(8059).dmg from here:

http://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0b6_8059_.dmg

(this link will be replace by our CDN soon, as Dropbox is sometimes very tricky and with errors)

Eyetv 4 Keys, please use one of the below 5 keys (FYI - will be blocked after 30th November 2019)

1            LBT3D-8L7E9BD-Y56DAKC-HL55D23

2            T4PDA-V9YE9CW-37W78KM-HBG4GA3

3            WKCTK-AS5MPZZ-854VRQY-QH26ZWZ

4            4D2QK-ZPW1VEX-HSKNYXQ-74DNUDG

5            2RGHE-826LQ77-EXPAVN7-ER3XZRW

here is the voting- list for supporting Eyetv Tuner and other third-party tuner solutions- please join.

https://doodle.com/poll/9q4h64ipa5z4v4i6

kind regards
Mike

all,

we know a lot of you are waiting for some clear signs, what's next - will they ever be release a 64 - bit Mac APP? Answer: yes - working on this 64 bit transition for all Eyetv Applications (more then 15) since 12 month - supporting iOS/Android/Windows/Windows 10/macOS, Apple TV, ipadds, we almost finished for all operation systems - beside macOS, we know you waiting for this a long time, but it is / was also the biggest tasks, and there was a time in March this year - we feared that we cannot not make it, but we overcome the mayor challenges and ups and downs.

Please see some live screen shots to get a idea about our new Eyetv 4.x for Mac 64 - bit (beta + preview)  - UI / UX. We look for some serious & experienced beta testers and heavy eyetv usersfor Mac. This will be limited closed beta - preview group. If you are interesting, please post a pm to me.

Please be aware yetv 4.x for Mac 64 - bit (beta + preview) will be only for + require latest macOS Mojave and for macOS Catalina, no other other macOS!

Open speaking, it was + is a heavy load to upside everything to 64bit, to have this clear - we still have a way to go, but so far it looks promising + working, we now working with open sprints, on the device integration, final compatibility (hope Apple do not change so much anymore in Catalina) - stabilize the code and work on the performance. More or less quality quality .........

From time to time, I will update here, the Eyetv dev + support team have a clear target, as from beginning - move eyetv Mac app to the next level - and be ready in time (launch of Catalina), but as much quality first, hope understand this.

thanks + have a great day.

kind regards
Mike

Eyetv 4 Mac Preview - UI-UX.png

Eyetv 4 Mac Preview - SAT_CHANNEL.png

Eyetv 4 Mac Preview - EPG.png

Eyetv 4 Mac Preview - EPG2.png

I would like to join Eyetv 4.x for Mac 64 Bit tests. I'm using 10.15

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Apoleon said:

1. I have the firmware file (vixs_firmware_1.1.0-403r1_V1.update from Mike's earlier post). But I can't find a way to update the 4C. How can I update the firmware?

firmwareupdate.thumb.png.e83f60dfdf26bb4b4ad010c12dc9cbd1.png

2. If I do update, will older EyeTV 3 still work (there are some Macs here which are not supported by Catalina)?

Works with my device … even if it is the SAT-version of Netstream.

Edited by Harald

37 minutes ago, Harald said:

firmwareupdate.thumb.png.e83f60dfdf26bb4b4ad010c12dc9cbd1.png

Works with my device … even if it is the SAT-version of Netstream.

Thank you! I was too stuck on these instructions from Geniatech (https://www.geniatech.eu/faq/eyetv-netstream-4c-firmware-update/). "For the EyeTV Netstream 4C, the firmware update does not work the same way as it does with the EyeTV Netstream DTT and the EyeTV Netstream Sat.  There is no web interface involved."

On 9/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, Mikyesun said:

OPTIMIZED ONLY FOR Netstream 4c Firmware (sat>ip) only BETA - only for testing purpose not for productive use  - do not redistribute or share it - it is tagged / local we find it everywhere in the web.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6el73i27ybzcpd8/vixs_firmware_1.1.0-403r1_V1.update?dl=0

under - https://www.geniatech.eu/de/open-source-compliance-information/

AGAIN - OPTIMIZED ONLY FOR Netstream 4c Firmware (sat>ip) only BETA - only for testing purpose not for productive use

comment(s): set the Netstream 4c to 100% sat>ip compliance / compatible also for Panasonic TV. 

Hi, after updating my netstream (I got the "firmware update finished - now rebooting device" message) my netstream is dead unfortunately. Is there a way to make the device flash the firmware again from an USB stick? Or via tftp? For safety, could you please post the official 402r1 as well? Thanks

On 9/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, amigafan said:

Thanks for providing the beta to us. However, I am not able to test it as my Terratec S7 isn't recognized anymore. Will 3rd party device compatibility return at a later time? It worked great with EyeTV 3 on Mojave.

I am using two TerraTec S7 devices with Eye Tv and I would love to be able to use it with new version.

• Like 1

can you add support for FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable ? I can select as SAT/IP Server, but i get no channels. A m3u list can't opened... if i choose manually add channel, eyetv crashes

Hello, I would love to test the new version for Mac Catalina

Have an Eyetv Sat

I do own 2 full version's of EYE TV 3 including 2 Reg Codes

-installed the Beta from the Link posted

the Reg. No's You write will be invalid after November 30

I saw that there are some Serial no's posted here.

does the Regcode from Eyetv3 not work any more?

regards

Siggi

Edited by Siggi
inf missed

I've got couple of ancient EyeTV 610's, which work perfectly and couple of Hybrids. One Hybrid is our only tv in our summer house. If I really must, I will buy new Hybrid T2's.

13 hours ago, Netstream_user said:

Hi, after updating my netstream (I got the "firmware update finished - now rebooting device" message) my netstream is dead unfortunately. Is there a way to make the device flash the firmware again from an USB stick? Or via tftp? For safety, could you please post the official 402r1 as well? Thanks

I think the mistake I made was I selected the first of the three possibilities ("rootfs" button) to upload the firmware file. Probably the 2nd ("Upload" button) is the correct one. I was able to get Netstream back to life by holding the reset button pressed while powering it on. The red LED flashes a few times, then the second LED blinks. Now the reset button can be released. Netstream will boot. But it seems it boots from a rom area, which means that it will not boot when turned on normally. I guess my mistake left the rootfs partition unusable and therefore I would be greatful if Geniatech could PM me a file which I can upload to netstream for rootfs so the device will boot again normally. Thanks!