On 10/28/2019 at 1:17 AM, Dalle said:

Beta 8, macOS Catalina, EyeTV Hybrid.

Reception OK. Update of EPG OK. No crashes.

Problems observed:

1. Channel list and EPG content does not line up as mentioned by AH7690 (Channel list scrolls discretely (one-by-one) while the EPG scrolls continuously)

2. It is not possbile to enter filter criteria in a Smart Guide. The entry field does no accept input

3. Sometimes the Live View windows shows red bars at the right and at the top

Please send a sreenshot of 3.

Catalina Beta 8 unable to get channel lineup for any zip code ..I deleted all prefs and rescanned and still no lineup  available . Also repeatable on Mojave  Anybody else ?

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 3.52.43 AM.png

On 8/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, Mikyesun said:

LBT3D-8L7E9BD-Y56DAKC-HL55D23

Been an EyeTV MacOS user for a very long time - so happy that you are working on a MacOS 10.15 Version.  Running your latest beta now; any plans to get the window re-sizable and moveable?  THANK YOU THANK YOU !

15 hours ago, Thunder said:

Hello all,

I just made the upgrade to Catalina and of course the old eytv was not working anymore. I installed the beta version eyetv 4.x and tried to setup the eyetv netstream 4C. Looks like the access to the netstream is working and I can start the Auto-Tune to search for TV channels. But the eyeTV is not able to find any channel via cable (DVB-C PAL BG) which was working without issues on the old version.

eyeTV_Cable_Channelk_scan.jpg

Update: I have upgraded to Version  Update v20191025 /v_EyeTV4.0.0b8(8511)  and have the same issue. Looks like the Autoscan option for cable TV has an issue. No Channel can be found. The TV cable is connected directly with the Netstream 4C and as normal the Netstream is connected via Ethernet with the WLAN router. Is there any kind of special procedure I have to use that the channels can be found?

In Recordings view:

• iPhone/iPad/appletv export buttons missing (these are still configurable in Preferences > General, so I assume the buttons should still be there)
  • the size slider (in bottom right of window) is missing, but works anyway
  • If you right-click a recording and Export (or click on its share button), the file dialog has no Cancel or Save buttons and overlapping interface elements
  • choosing to export as h.264 gives an .avi file extension
  • There are only two H.264 export options and one mpeg option (there used to be a lot more options)
  • Clicking the Save button in the Save As export dialog crashes program every time
  • If you try and transcode the native .eyetv file with HandBrake, it reports that the file duration is 00.00 seconds

In the Editor window:

• Control+E shortcut no longer works to summon Editor
  • edit controls (the triangle and split-triangle at top and bottom of timeline) are either not present or not visible
  • Clicking the new “scissors” button seems to create an edit point in the timeline, but there is no way to adjust this. If you create several edit points and select a portion, the Compact command in the ellipsis menu is not available
  • As a result of both the above, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit recorded files (to trim start and finish and remove commercials) and no way to transcode the file for use with Apple TV or iPhone either using EyeTV or another application such as HandBrake

Smart Guides

• Existing v3 Smart Guide’s update to new version, but you cannot rename them
  • When specifying criteria for a Smart Guide, you can’t add or edit in text field
  • If you create a smart guide (that doesn’t require any text input), you can save it, but you cannot name it or change name from ‘Untitled’

Configuration

• EyeTV DTT
  • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
  • MacOS Catalina v10.15.1
  • EyeTV Beta version 4.0b8 (8511) (all issues reported above also occurred in b6 and b7)

Screen_Shot_3.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 4.png

22 hours ago, cmonzter said:

Catalina Beta 8 unable to get channel lineup for any zip code ..I deleted all prefs and rescanned and still no lineup  available . Also repeatable on Mojave  Anybody else ?

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 3.52.43 AM.png

There was a problem with the server. It is fixed. Please try it again.

Hi, I've got an iMac running Catalina (downloaded when first prompted to - wish I hadn't).

I'm also a bit unadventurous.  What am I supposed to do when I get this message re the latest EyeTV beta update:

“EyeTV” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:29 AM, Mikyesun said:

Update v20191025 /v_EyeTV4.0.0b8(8511):

thank for great, value and open feedback, please keep on doing so, following fixes, in below you will find the latest beta release

1: fixed Program Guide
2: add support Netstream 4T 
3: add new appliction icon.
4: fix  "Cocoa" from menu.
6: fix "Setup Assistant Congratulations page"

we keep on improving, thanks for value feedback.

http://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0b8_8511.dmg

(this link will be replace by our CDN)

Eyetv 4 Keys, please use one of the below 5 keys (FYI - will be blocked after 30th November 2019)

1            LBT3D-8L7E9BD-Y56DAKC-HL55D23

2            T4PDA-V9YE9CW-37W78KM-HBG4GA3

3            WKCTK-AS5MPZZ-854VRQY-QH26ZWZ

4            4D2QK-ZPW1VEX-HSKNYXQ-74DNUDG

5            2RGHE-826LQ77-EXPAVN7-ER3XZRW

here is the voting- list for supporting Eyetv Tuner and other third-party tuner solutions- please join.

https://doodle.com/poll/9q4h64ipa5z4v4i6

kind regards
Mike

Hello, I am on 10.5.1 Catalina! and the Beta EYE TV4 seems to work fine for now!

Asking for the Driver device update message sen on previous version, is not seen any more.!

Update software request on previous version Error "update was not found!" please try later

not sure if this was ok on the beta.

Hello, I am on 10.5.1 Catalina! and the Beta EYE TV4 seems to work fine for now!

Asking for the Driver device update message sen on previous version, is not seen any more.!

Update software request on previous version Error "update was not found!" please try later

5 hours ago, Pyrmonter said:

Hi, I've got an iMac running Catalina (downloaded when first prompted to - wish I hadn't).

I'm also a bit unadventurous.  What am I supposed to do when I get this message re the latest EyeTV beta update:

On 10/25/2019 at 8:17 AM, eyekey said:

Wow. Beta 8 was quick. And it fixes several issues. Nice!

New issues:

- while the EPG (second window) seems to fixed, the channels and the content move oddly when scrolling around. The content can be moved freely, the channels flip around. This looks a bit strange. Have the channels always in line and set them to smooth scrolling as well

- sometimes the app gets unresponsive in fullscreen and needs to be force quit 

- windowed view: app does not remember size of the window (especially when the channel needs to switch from 16:9 to 4:3 (wise versa) the size will be reset. This has probably something to do with those aspect ratio issues / stretching

- settings: "Start EyeTV in full screen" leads to a complete meltdown of the app. I needed to force quit EyeTV. I also needed to delete the plist file to get it working again.

- Menubar: after a while menu bar entries "Audio" and "Controls" cannot be entered anymore. It will only show the last entry, all others are gone

These issues have been reported on earlier betas and are still in it:

- Full Screen aspect ratio is wrong. EyeTV tries to stretch the screen - no matter if stretching setting is off - and no matter if aspect is set to 4:3, 16:9, wide or whatever

- Full Screen has flickering content in the top/bottom black bars (sometimes they appear red)

- If you have more than 5 hours of timeshift buffered, the navigation bar (on the top of the window) behaves abnormally and jumps wildly around

- please make the EPG which shows up when you press the channels logo also show whats up next instead of just the actual running program

- "All channels" view sorts channels not in the right order. Standard should be: Channels 1-X, then all the channels which have no assigned number. And maybe give the option to not show them at all

- Settings: some text is black on dark grey (macOS dark mode) - this is not readable at all

- Info bar: sometimes it moves to the middle of the screen and does not return to the bottom until application restart

- EyeTV crashes when I want to hide "Playlists" in the left column

Wishes:

Keyboard shortcut for showing the overlayed EPG (remember to show more content :))

Hello, Latest Beta using.

Window resize with double click does not work clean. opening to full screen work but getting back to the old window size by clicking on the green resize window does not work, stays big.

Also I can not reload and upgrade to the Gracenote EPG service by using the setup

seeing the following screen, habe followed the rouse seen but not luck. any idea?

885158162_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-30um17_21_37.thumb.png.f773beb92c55e988b06a7313584934bf.png

On 10/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, Yves G said:

Happy to test EyeTV 4!

Beta 8 does not show tv guide information it was showing before quitting and restarting EyeTV 4 unless i clic refresh button to redownload.

583637398_Capturedcranle2019-10-2414_55_25.thumb.png.c06a26256fededcda83f7a8e9fae559a.png

17 hours ago, Pyrmonter said:

Is the version you tested version 8511?

On 10/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, ozBeach said:

Control+E shortcut no longer works to summon Editor

• edit controls (the triangle and split-triangle at top and bottom of timeline) are either not present or not visible
  • Clicking the new “scissors” button seems to create an edit point in the timeline, but there is no way to adjust this. If you create several edit points and select a portion, the Compact command in the ellipsis menu is not available
  • As a result of both the above, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit recorded files (to trim start and finish and remove commercials) and no way to transcode the file for use with Apple TV or iPhone either using EyeTV or another application such as HandBrake

Above problems with Editor also present in my installation.

Configuration

• EyeTV DTT
  • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2015)
  • EyeTV Beta version 4.0b8 (8511)

On launch, I get a black screen and triangle that locks up the computer.  No key commands work.  Occasionally I can crash out with Option Command Esc but usually I have to reboot.

This seems to be reported by a number of other people...

[Running:   EyeTV4.0.0b8_85 11    /    EyeTV T2 Lite   /   Mac OS  10.15.1.  Mac Mini (Late 2012).  2.5 ghz Dual Core Intel Core i5.  Memory 4gb.  Graphics Intel HD Fraphics 400 1536 mb ]

On 10/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, gizmozaza said:

It doesn't work on my computer.... The application opens a black screen that blocks my computer and I can not do anything except force a reboot of the computer.  I'm on mac OS 10.15 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 quatre cœurs 16 Go 2400 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 580 8 Go

On 10/20/2019 at 1:24 PM, Jürgen said:

2) EyeTV assistant starts (Welcome to EyeTV!). The it takes about 10 seconds and a black screen with a "!" in a triangle appears and on the left side "16:9" - nothing more happens. ESC does not work. I have to use option+command+ESC, then I am back to my desktop. Within the 10 seconds I can type next, next... until the key should be entered but before this can be done the black screen as described above appears. 

On 9/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Dell said:

I am on Mac Catalina Eye TV 3 sat install ok setup wizard came up then  black screen with ! In triangle can’t get out of apart from shutting down

On 10/25/2019 at 6:06 PM, Laurance Hill said:

The application starts and the window showing channels come up first and is immediately followed by a black window that I assume is where the picture will be displayed.  About 3 seconds later that 'picture' window goes to a translucent white and the the whole application crashes.  

IMG_3663.jpg

I'm very happy. Works fine.😁

Configuration

• EyeTV Sat
  • iMac (Retina 4K, 21,5-inch, 2015)
  • EyeTV Beta version 4.0b8 (8511)

On 10/29/2019 at 11:14 PM, Thunder said:

Update: I have upgraded to Version  Update v20191025 /v_EyeTV4.0.0b8(8511)  and have the same issue. Looks like the Autoscan option for cable TV has an issue. No Channel can be found. The TV cable is connected directly with the Netstream 4C and as normal the Netstream is connected via Ethernet with the WLAN router. Is there any kind of special procedure I have to use that the channels can be found?

I have the same problem!

Hello!

First of all, I'm very happy to see that EyeTV 4 is a thing! I've been using two EyeTV Hybrids with EyeTV 3 in my home for years. The 64-bit support and the updated, modern interface (especially the borderless window) is just great! I will try the beta in the days to come.

I have a semi-related problem however, and I hope to find answers here:
EyeTV does not get a signal from the breakout cable any longer. It has been working fine two days ago, all of a sudden I can no longer get a signal.
The source is not the problem, the composite cables work fine on a TV. I tried reinstalling the software, disconnected EyeTV for a couple of minutes. It doesn't work with EyeTV 3 or the EyeTV 4 Beta.

I'm hoping that this is a common problem. I want to digitize my deceased father's VHS-C tapes, even bought an old Panasonic VHS-C camera.
I'm grateful for any help. Thank you!

• EyeTV Hybrid
• MacOS Mojave

Edited by Rammy

Hi there, I'm testing beta8. And I found and issue with 5.1 audio. Something seems wrong with the channel layout or the stereo downmixing. You hear the background, but not the main audio.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download this example http://polysom.verilite.de/tmp/Example.zip

2. Open in EyeTV3 on Mac and play. You hear the dialog  and background audio.

3. Open in EyeTV4 beta8 on Mac and play. You hear just the background. There is no dialog audio while the people are talking.

This is with version 4.0b8 (8511) on MacOS 10.14.6

Catalina 1.15.1

EyeTV Hybrid EyeTV 4.0b8 (8511)

When sorting recorded TV series alphabetically, the Seasons and Parts are not sorted by their numbers, but by the most significant figures of the numbers, such as: Part 1, 10, 11,..., 18, 19, 2, 20, 21,..., 28, 29, 3, 30, etc.

Some random notes on beta 6.

1) Setup Assistant closes so fast that I cannot type or paste serial numbers on Mac mini (10.14.6) with two EyeTV 610:s. So doesn't start at all.

2) On my iMac with Hybrid, works but the remote doesn't work at all

3) often chancing channels mutes sound.

4) going full screen crashes immediately, now running beta 8

5) picture quality is excellent