11 hours ago, seju said:

I am not sure there is the need for dedicated export shortcut option buttons in the EyeTV Programmes window - the cleaner the window, the better. 

If there is need for such a customization it should be along the edit > export path, but that is only my opinion.

The point isn't whether you see the need for the export shortcut, or whether you like the look of it. The point is that we testing beta software and it isn't working correctly.....

~ There is an option in Preferences to create buttons on the interface and it isn't working. There is also no direct export option in the export path methods available.

Just discovered the EyeTV 4 beta, thanks a lot for developing it.

I'm currently using EyeTV 3 every day, using the French Freebox IPTV system (6-7M homes here access internet through one). I'd really be glad to upgrade if you can support it in version 4!

Hi Guys, please focus on confirming if these issues are resolved on your side. We will resolve other issues as soon as possible.

EyeTV 8512 beta
1: Add supported Netstream 2A/2T
2:Fixed:"Program Guide UI Sync problem".
3:Fixed: "lack of the fullscreen menu"
4:Fixed: "Search Field does not work in all screens - always eats the first letter "
5:Fixed: "Sound is playing while in background or in the dock although both boxes in "Preferences" -> "Sound" are not ticked."

1 hour ago, ianmcl said:

The point isn't whether you see the need for the export shortcut, or whether you like the look of it. The point is that we testing beta software and it isn't working correctly.....

~ There is an option in Preferences to create buttons on the interface and it isn't working. There is also no direct export option in the export path methods available.

You are obviously right there are buttons going nowhere in the preferences section, some of the functions in preferences might be relocated or disappear while others might be added. It is not so much about the like of its looks, but rather about its ergonomics and screen estate that I was concerned about.

Currently you can export either directly from the "gear" icon in the recordings section of the program window or from the "three-dots" icon in the editor window. In both cases export is behind a menu and not accessible directly.

In general it would be great to have more export customization options in the export window than you currently have.

Let us see what Geniatech's UI designer decide.

2 hours ago, Angela Xu said:

4:Fixed: "Search Field does not work in all screens - always eats the first letter "
5:Fixed: "Sound is playing while in background or in the dock although both boxes in "Preferences" -> "Sound" are not ticked."

1. I do not have this adapter

2. Yes, fixed

3. Why are you asking? There is no fullscreen menu in EyeTV4 (unlike EyeTV3 where it was very handy) - therefore not fixed

4. Yes, fixed

5. Yes, fixed

3 hours ago, Angela Xu said:

Hi Guys, please focus on confirming if these issues are resolved on your side. We will resolve other issues as soon as possible.

EyeTV 8512 beta

Beta 9 on Macbook Pro 2016 15" macOS 10.15.1

1) can't test

2) if "Program Guide UI Sync problem" refers to the synchronisation between the channel column and the single channel rows in the Programme guide and Channels programme guide than yes it is fixed on my system (they are aligned well and the channel on the top has no negative offset).

3) in full screen mode the window mode UI is scaled to the full screen and the top bar moves to the top of the screen while the lower bar moves to the bottom. Both bars align well with the screen, there are still the issues for correct placement, stretching, etc of the video frame. Window mode and full screen mode UI are identical: there are the two bars, one on top and one at the bottom + the modal windows which open when changing channel, etc..

There is no dedicated full screen UI different from the window mode UI.

4) Search Field does work as intended in All Channels, Program Guide, Recordings, but does nothing in the Channels section. I did not test the schedules section.

5) both options work: activating them silences the audio when in dock or in the background.

Edited by seju

Mike wrote in an earlier post :

Update v20191101 /v_EyeTV4.0.0b9(8512):

thank for great, value and open feedback, please keep on doing so, following fixes, in below you will find the latest beta release 

1: Add device support Netstream 2A/2T
2: Fixed:"Program Guide UI Sync problem".
3: Fixed: "lack of the fullscreen menu"
4: Fixed: "Search Field does not work in all screens - always eats the first letter "
5: Fixed: "Sound is playing

As the fullscreen menu is the way I use eyetv I hoped that point number 3 referred to this.

Unfortunately I cannot find the fullscreen menu either in the menu bar, the right click menu, the key shortcut (cmd+esc) or in the applescript definitions.

P.S. My vote for Hauppage support is for WinTV DualHD.

20 hours ago, Chris_ES said:

non of the export formats is recognized by handbrake... seems different to eyetv3

You don't need to export anything, if using Handbrake.  In Handbrake, click on "Open source" and just navigate to the EyeTV archive.  Double-click on the (edited?) recording... and Handbrake will recognise it.  If you've been exporting your recordings, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort!

hi trying to download and test eyetv4 on Mac book pro with catalina. download sees okay but when I try to run it I get the following screen message: EYE TV can't be opened because APPle cannot check it for malicious software. software needs to be updated. contact the developer for more information.

Is there a known work around for the issue or a later version of the Beta.  I must say I find Catalina a pain in the 'a**se'  lots of early adopter pain!

But hey ho, one fix at a time 🙂

thanks for thoughts and suggestions

12 minutes ago, neil_N said:

hi trying to download and test eyetv4 on Mac book pro with catalina. download sees okay but when I try to run it I get the following screen message: EYE TV can't be opened because APPle cannot check it for malicious software. software needs to be updated. contact the developer for more information.

Is there a known work around for the issue or a later version of the Beta.  I must say I find Catalina a pain in the 'a**se'  lots of early adopter pain!

But hey ho, one fix at a time 🙂

thanks for thoughts and suggestions

with a bit of reading and fishing, I've solved this. it needed the program to be allowed thru privacy and security in the system preferences. after that its starting up fine. now to check functionality. fingers crossed.

Some feedback from me:

8512 now works as I need it to, I am using EyeTV Sat on a Mac Mini, I have two satellite dishes connecte, one with a CAM card. It all works as I want it to.

A few points, though:

1) EPG: I got used to the text of each programme scrolling so you see the titles of programmes even the start is before the left margin (if that makes sense). Please reintroduce that.

2) EPG: The channel numbers in channels lists are irrelevant, at least of me. It would be better if the channel name was big rather than having the channel number,

Otherwise I am very pleased with all the stuff I have tried in the 64-bit version of EyeTV. Keep up the good work!

Hi there

Also some feedback from me:

I have a Netsream 4C.

My Problem is that I can't Re-Search / Autotune the channels (Switzerland).
The Button is always greyed out. When I switch to another country and back sometimes I can click it,
but then I get the error message that I'm recording and I should stop that first. The funny thing is, there's no recording running and I can't

stop it either it seems.

Regards,

Dhark01

We have reached out to Geniatech to no avail.   We have numerous EyeTV 3 boxes that we would like to upgrade software to EyeTV 4 Catalina.   Can anyone send a direct link to that download?   We have tried to open an EyeTV 4 dmg file but it will not launch.

If there is no working link to a public beta software or otherwise, please advise.   We are going to pass on using Geniatech products and will not support them in the future.

Too bad companies take this attitude because they are the ones that are going to be out of a job.

Not sure what Geniatech is doing here.   Did they just throw out a scrappy dmg file to have the world do their work for them!

Geniatech just a bunch of losers.   We are moving on to another technology.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

We have reached out to Geniatech to no avail.   We have numerous EyeTV 3 boxes that we would like to upgrade software to EyeTV 4 Catalina.   Can anyone send a direct link to that download?   We have tried to open an EyeTV 4 dmg file but it will not launch.

If there is no working link to a public beta software or otherwise, please advise.   We are going to pass on using Geniatech products and will not support them in the future.

Too bad companies take this attitude because they are the ones that are going to be out of a job.

Too bad people are complaining before reading the list for solutions...

• Like 1

Well I don't mean to be a complainer, however, as a working professional and willing to pay for this upgrade I do not excuse Geniatech for delaying a 64 bit app that should have been developed long long long ago!   They knew this was coming.   And any solutions to the issue are not well communicated on this page.   I see a lot of potential fixes that don't always work for all those attempting to participate.

3 hours ago, Steven said:

Well I don't mean to be a complainer, however, as a working professional and willing to pay for this upgrade I do not excuse Geniatech for delaying a 64 bit app that should have been developed long long long ago!   They knew this was coming.   And any solutions to the issue are not well communicated on this page.   I see a lot of potential fixes that don't always work for all those attempting to participate.

I halfways agree with you. 😉 In my profession – as a developer and programmer of industral and military appliances since the late 1960:es, – Geniatech wouldn't have survived one week: you deliver, or you're out.

My only concern this far is EyeTV Hybrid running under Mac Catalina, and, frankly, Geniatech's software isn't even ready for the Alpha stage in that perspective. And they have had more than a year to "go 64-bits"...

However: Geniatech have admitted that they don't have the "muscles" to run every possible combination of software and hardware (which is remarcable per se), and have opened this list for users to express their experiences. And we do this the best we can, in the hope to save our investments in hardware...

Rgds,

/Bruce

8 hours ago, Steven said:

Not sure what Geniatech is doing here.   Did they just throw out a scrappy dmg file to have the world do their work for them!

It’s a public beta.  They are resolving issues almost every day — your input matters.  Accept it for what it is, be happy that it’s getting better!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steven said:

Why don’t you take some time to read Geniatech’s very early posts in this thread?  The beta releases get better all the time; maybe you don’t understand the concept of beta software?