Problem, on other support an mac-sites is a lot of wrong information. some wouldn't believe that an update 64bit is coming soon. that's a pity. and although is the information how to update firmware nearly hidden

On 11/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, BruceB said:

Confirmed here. And if you hit "Now", EyeTV goes to "Yesterday".

Discovered that EyeTV thinks that "Today" begins at 06 AM. Don't know when it goes "Yesterday" again.

The "Now" button is working perfectly for me.

I'm running EyeTV version 4.0.0b9(8512) on two machines - one running Mojave and the other Catalina.

4 hours ago, ianmcl said:

The "Now" button is working perfectly for me.

I'm running EyeTV version 4.0.0b9(8512) on two machines - one running Mojave and the other Catalina.

Yes, it does, but the button to the right of "Now" should always show "Today", whenever you hit "Now", shouldn't it? But it won't get "in sync" until 06AM, and then it will get "out of sync" again, sometime during the late evening. And until it is synced, one can only scroll the list forward a few hours, so one can't set programs for recording for the whole next day. When the shot was taken, I couldn't scroll past 08 AM.

– EyeTV Hybrid, running EyeTV4.0.0b9(8512) under Catalina.

1087593908_Skarmavbild2019-11-09kl_04_18_27.png.03db34dcb4363fef60b4959be48eb89e.png

In the Search field (witch now accepts more then one letter!) I need to hit enter, to start the search (should actually start searching by itself and refining by each letter, that I add).

After removing the entry in the search field, my Channels list is empty. I have to quit the program and restart, to solve this.

1 hour ago, Pheel said:

yes saw that the update is running an  error for me, do we have a link?

@Pheel the updater should download a folder to your desktop as highlighted some pages ago by @BruceB.

Just run it from there.

Though I would like to see the change-log ... 

Edited by seju

On 11/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, Joerg said:

Hello,

same problem exist also in Beta 9.

BR Joerg

Catalina.jpg

Hi,

same problem exist also in Beta10.

BR Joerg

6 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Hi,

same problem exist also in Beta10.

BR Joerg

Problem regarding move eyeTV window from Retina-Display to a Non-Retina-Display.

EyeTV-4_0b7.thumb.jpg.dd1df2632caa88b714f610e573916574.jpg

Beta 10, running under Catalina, first impressions:

– Persisting Installer problem.

– Full Screen handling has gone from Bad to Worse.

– Glad that I still can run EyeTV3 under Mojave.

Hi,

I use EyeTV 4.0.0b10 (8513) here on an 27" iMac 2017 with macOS 10.15.1

There are some problems with fullscreen. See first picture in attachment.

Movie is in 4:3 ratio. Red rectangle left in screen. 😞

And if I exit full screen the movie window is in full screen size (behind macOS dock). See second picture.

Better way: Exit full screen window has size before go in full screen mode.

Btw: I use an eyeTV 310 here with Thunderbold to Firewire 800 adapter on my iMac and it works fine with EyeTV beta. 🙂

Sorry for my bad english, I am from germany. 🙂 

snap_179.jpg

snap_176.jpg

Edited by luke1970

I did some testing with beta 10 (limited, as my Migli TVmini tuner is not supported), with the following results:

Positive: I don't have crashes anymore when I click on an entry in the program view (it shows a popup with the program details as expected)

Negative: The editor is still completely unusable. Bring back the simplicity of the EyeTV 3 version!

• When you open it, it doesn't reduce the size of the video if it is bigger that the screen (except in full-screen mode)
  • Very unresponsive globally
  • After you have made the first cut, it's very difficult to define the second one 
  • After I managed to define a clip, trying to export it simply cut it out! Without export...
  • The export dialogue doesn't allow for codec settings (the button is greyed out) and the file extension is .avi whatever the setting

Clearly not ready for prime time... 

@luke1970 I also run EyeTV 4.0.0b10 (8513) on the same specks as you and don't have that problem, can you check your display options and play with the aspect ratio to see if that makes any difference

iMac 27" 3.5 GHz | Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 10.15.1 (19B88) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB | EyeTV DTT dongle

1476215168_Screenshot2019-11-1010_24_11.png.f08ef4606901f56f2c88af4af4f1ad18.png

Update Beta 10 Crashed, Update not possible Error.

Downloaded the version manually and installed.

App Crashed during update from Programm guide.

Restarted pc and started Update manually, Program guide was loaded OK took very long.

Automatic update did not work.

Running: 

Mac mini

Catalina latest Version

EyeTV Sat

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-10 um 11.54.55.png

I have been using EyeTV3 for years with the following tuner "TerraTec Cinergy S USB"; when I start EyeTv4 the message comes up - EyeTV was unable to change channels. Please make sure your device is correctly plugged in and working.- the tuner is plugged in and works fine with EyeTv3. iMac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5.8GB