2 hours ago, luke1970 said:

Btw: I use eyeTV 310 for DVB-S2 here.
The original remote control doesn't work complete with EyeTV 4.0.0b10 (8513) 😞

I have the same Problem..... my remote control from Geniatech Eyetv Sat Free also doesn't work complete with EyTV 4 (8513)

Hi Everyone.  Just a quick question.  I'm still running 10.14 Mojave and need a functioning eyetv.  Will eyetv 3 still run without problems if I install the eyetv 4 beta on the same machine?  Also does anyone know if it supports the old Elegato EyeTV Hybrid with the ATSC channel decoder for the USA?  Thanks in advance for any replies 

On 11/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, eyekey said:

Feedback on Beta10:

No issues are solved.

- Fullscreen window is still stretching and changing into horrible aspect error. Flickering red bars, too. It is very important to fix this. The main reason why people are using this software is ... tada: to watch TV. If you cannot watch TV in fullscreen, because it has this annoying warp effect, the app pretty much is a failure.

- all other issues I reported on Beta9 are still present. And on Beta8. And on Beta7. And on Beta6. And on Beta5. And on Beta4. And on Beta3 (to be fair, you managed to fix the "EPG" dislocated infos)

Yeah... It's sunday and I am a bit hung over, but this whole thing is developing really slow. Painfully slow. And it makes no fun to report errors, if they are not approached. I mean 7 beta later and still not resolved. - I will gladly pay for the new version, but only if it is useable in its basic functions. I do not care about small bugs. But really: watching TV is the simplest reason this application exists. And if it cannot handle this right, then something is completely wrong.

Fix Fullscreen Mode! (PLEASE!)

... now where is my Aspirin?

Aspect as it should be (windowed mode):

Bildschirmfoto_2019-11-10_um_19_23_38.thumb.png.8ae4657e392eafbff9855ca5dfe3d2ff.png

Aspect in Fullscreen (stretched and "red bars" - look at the "5m"-sign in the top. It is not round. It is an egg!):

Bildschirmfoto_2019-11-10_um_19_23_48.thumb.png.f395ff1fd254d5c4c6af4c9ed6b98031.png

I guess they’ve solved the issues they mentioned in the change log?  Yes, it’s slow, but they’re getting there.

RICK

I am using the old Eye TV Hybrid with ATSC decoder. EyeTV 4 works the same as what everyone else is seeing. I am using int with Catalina 10.5.2. I have not run Eyetv 4 with Mojave.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Allanl said:

RICK

I am using the old Eye TV Hybrid with ATSC decoder. EyeTV 4 works the same as what everyone else is seeing. I am using int with Catalina 10.5.2. I have not run Eyetv 4 with Mojave.

Good to know someone else is using EyeTV 4 that gets the ATSC signals. I'm waiting on support for my tuner so I can finally upgrade to it. 

Just wanted to say thank you for supporting ancient 610:s.

Some bugs, the remote still doesn't work, full screen to smaller screen works but no way to go back to full screen. Old white Apple Remote does Play/Pause, sometimes. Channel switching mutes sound on 610, clicking the windows with the mouse restores sound. This doesn't happen with Hybrid anymore.

Thank you for all your work in converting EyeTV to 64 bit.  I have not tried the beta software, but am patiently awaiting the completion of EyeTV 4 before upgrading to the Catalina OS.  However, I wish to query the current status of tuners accepting analog AV input.  On 11 November, VictoriaDave reported being unable to get EyeTV 200 to work under EyeTV 4 using a set-top box input, as well as seeing no mention of this anywhere in the forum pages.  Then, Rick confirmed that the old US version of EyeTV Hybrid with ATSC decoder does work.

I have the same requirement for capturing French satellite TV from a set-top box, and am currently using the following hardware successfully under EyeTV 3:
—————
(1) An original analog/digital EyeTV Hybrid (European version)  and  an EyeTV 250 Plus (European version) for standard definition AV input (576i via composite or S-video).

(2) A Hauppauge HDPVR for high definition AV input (1080i via component video).  
—————
From the latest posts, it seems that AV input to the European Hybrid may work with EyeTV 4, but does anyone know about the EyeTV 250 Plus or the Hauppauge HDPVR?

Also…
(4) I have seen a request for support of the Terratec S7, which I believe is the same hardware as the EyeTV Sat.  I have used both, but I recall that a more recent version of the S7 (revision 4, from around 2014) has never worked with EyeTV 3 due to a change in the hardware.  Therefore, if the Terratec S7 is to be supported under EyeTV 4, it would seem sensible to either (a) resolve the incompatibity with revision 4 onward, or (b) at least make it clear in the device list that support is for revisions 1-3 only.  Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work!

7 hours ago, Rick A said:

Will eyetv 3 still run without problems if I install the eyetv 4 beta on the same machine?  

Hello :)
Yes, EyeTV 3 and EyeTV 4 beta working on the same machine with Mojave.
I'm using the 4 beta version, but I'm switching to v. 3, e.g. to use the editor or if beta frustrated me. 😜
All changes (shedules, reordering channels, etc.) are done for both versions. If we set the same path to the folder where the recordings are saved, we have access to them in both programs.
A small note - if there is something to record and EyeTV is turned off, will turn on newest version. If you want to use v. 3 for recording while having v. 4 on the same computer, you can leave EyeTV 3 turned on (and even put the computer to sleep), the recording will be fine.

• Thanks 1

Some more Issues found,

Rename Created Channel List not Possible, 

can be chosen, but no Input possible.

See Picture.

Not able to use the MY EyeTV can not Select see att. Picture

Running EyeTv Sat,

Catalina

Mac mini (Ende 2014)

1,4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-12 um 10.22.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-12 um 10.22.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-12 um 10.25.31.png

Edited by Siggi

On 11/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, Pheel said:

Use the folder on your desktop, you'll find the .dmg there

Done, Download manually also works!

one more issue seen after start today, 

Programm guide does not work any more, also not updated.

seems that it lost all in since yesterday.in 24Hours

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-12 um 10.19.13.png

Edited by Siggi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UweRasche said:

I get no channel unter Netstream 4C, if I click to auto-Tune. This isn't fixed . I use the b10 under Catalina 

I have a Netstream 4C, too. Auto-tune works on my iMac 27" (2017) with Mojave and on my MacBook Air (2017) with Catalina with EyeTV b10. 

The program guide disappears when the app is closed and has to be set up each time. Program recording will start on time when scheduled but will not stop at the end of the scheduled program. I scheduled a one hour program to record last night and it was sill recording ten hours later! I had to stop it manually!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoyP said:

The program guide disappears when the app is closed and has to be set up each time. Program recording will start on time when scheduled but will not stop at the end of the scheduled program. I scheduled a one hour program to record last night and it was sill recording ten hours later! I had to stop it manually!

This seems to be the same problem as in EyeTV 3 (7528). I have to use the older version 7524 to avoid this problem. 

Unfortunately, the 29-minute-bug known already from EyeTV 3 still persists with Sat>IP even in the latest Beta - although not repeatably. Sometimes I have it on my iMac (connected via WLAN), sometimes on my MacBook Air connected via ethernet (both running 10.15.1). Having to restart one computer often switches the problems between both computers. Is there any fix for this problem foreseeable?  

Edited by JanG

The b10 version seems to work, all the settings from EyeTv3 are taken over and working, with one exception. EyeTV4 seems only to accept one tuner and there is no option 'devices' in the preferences. So, reception is only possible with EyeTVSat, which is automatically selected, Cable TV receiver Terratec H5 as a second receiver is not selectable and/or working.By the way, the Geniatech receiver EyeTV Hybrid has problems with frequencies around 220MHz in Switzerland since UPC reshuffled their frequency allocations in Sep 2019.

I don't believe version 10 is ready for production

Still no way to add criteria to a smart playlist

Still no way to delete a recondig from a smart playlist

Still have the empty white window from time to time

Still no way to make the EyeTV remote work

I would have liked to have a browsing menu, like EyeTV 3 had, since the app is used to drive my Mac as a set top box.

Catalina, EyeTV Hybrid, b10 update

Seems that the installer(s) will leave some old "cruft" behind, such as these .kext files, vintage 2013:

1446174496_Skarmavbild2019-11-13kl_19_54_49.png.52f27c8b52e1ffcbc052e6e35e5c97e9.png

Edited by BruceB

Editing a recording is a giant leap back in comparison with version 3 (Select marker, move marker, position marker, select clips). Also can't get rid of all unwanted clips at the end of the recording.

Export (of a edited recording) doesn't finish.

Export only with ending .avi, no .m4v, no matter what option is selected.

Design: I like it

---

EyeTV 4.0.0b10 (8513)

EyeTV Sat

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6
Mac mini (Late 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB RAM
Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics

I use the Nextstream 4C and my biggest problem is that the program crashes about every 20 minutes. Then I have to restart it it and set the EPG  in All Channels to DVB since all entries are lost.

This problem is either caused by the software or the hardware. I have no way to check that. Anyone else having the same problem?

9 hours ago, Ton said:

I use the Nextstream 4C and my biggest problem is that the program crashes about every 20 minutes. Then I have to restart it it and set the EPG  in All Channels to DVB since all entries are lost.

This problem is either caused by the software or the hardware. I have no way to check that. Anyone else having the same problem?

I run the 4C, too. Despite all the other issues, I do not experience any crashes. Maybe it is something else whats causing it. Have a look on the crash report if you can figure out what is causing it. If it happens again, PM the report to me and I will have a look.

There is no crash report. It's really strange: all of a sudden the device disappears (and EyeTV is halted), Then after some time it appears again and EyeTV works like nothing happened.

In the console following is communicated:

screenshot_235.thumb.png.084e87137d7b077e5319815c1b271958.png

I don't has the faintest ideas what it all means. maybe you do.