I can now use Picture in Picture function to record two channels at the same time using Eyetv Diversity in Mojave but when the the smaller preview is enlarged it misbehaves. I can hit record on the small preview window and it will record, click once to change the record button to blue then again to red, then same on other channel preview. It is an improvement thank you. Soon hopefully I will be confident enough to update from Mojave to Catalina and then be able to record two streams at the same time. I will now try Ob11_8514 on Catalina and hopefully achieve the same results.

iMac 2017  27" i5

v20191114 /v_ EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514)

EyeTV 4C

2 points
1. the automatic update only works partially. It is loaded, but makes an error message if it should be installed. I have to quit EyeTV first and then restart the installation to make it work.

2. with the normal EPG (retrieved via the channels) ONLY the current day was displayed. NONE of the following days. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

10 hours ago, seju said:

Is your account an admin account, a managed account or something else?

It is an admin account.   My wife's account (where the app froze) is a standard (non admin) account.   My own account (where I have been doing the bulk of my attempts) is pretty basic.  I can't think what might be interfering.    Perhaps I have something installed that no-one else here has, and that is what is getting in the way, but I don't have a lot here.

Since that dialog box seems so unique among those who post here, I was hoping one of the developers could perhaps shed some light on what sort of condition triggers its generation.   That may lead me to a path of discovery.

Edited by VictoriaDave

23 minutes ago, VictoriaDave said:

It is an admin account.   My wife's account (where the app froze) is a standard (non admin) account.   My own account (where I have been doing the bulk of my attempts) is pretty basic.  I can't think what might be interfering.    Perhaps I have something installed that no-one else here has, and that is what is getting in the way, but I don't have a lot here.

Since that dialog box seems so unique among those who post here, I was hoping one of the developers could perhaps shed some light on what sort of condition triggers its generation.   That may lead me to a path of discovery.

I have been reading your posts for some time now, but in all honesty a non-admin account is all that came to my mind without having the system in front of me and being able to put hands on it.

What is going on is that Apple increasingly gets more restrictive with permissions. We have currently a serious bug, where you cannot access Desktop, Documents and Download directories over a network on machines running any version of Catalina. This bug is known since Beta and has not been solved yet. In this case Apple increased security for these three folders without any obvious way to customize it, which means you can either chmod them from terminal or adjust permissions from the respective info window and nothing happens!!!

It could well be that you have to set/customize a setting in the new extended security section in preferences.

The error code is also obscure. "Capture could not be started" could refer to the inability to connect a mediastream, but that is something the programmers should know. Depending from the device you are using you probably connect through IP and some sort of protocol ... http? "Capture could not be started" could refer to the fact that the software running on your machine is unable to connect to/the media stream which your device should produce, that would put OS, firewall, ports, .... on your route, but that is only a wild guess .....

Once the software is golden it should work, in case it won't work the next routes would be Geniatech Support + stack overflow or relative sister page of SO ...

Edited by seju

On 11/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, MARCANTUANI said:

Again please, can we have the chanels in the good orders when Eyetv 4 is launched or can we have the possibilty to move manually the chanels in the order we chose and save it as the default Sort order ? As in Eyetv 3 and please don't forget french langage in next update.

Yes, a way to customize the order in the Channels favorite page is really important!

@MARCANTUANI languages will be the very last thing being added. You only deal with translations once after all design and code work is done. Have a great day.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, eyekey said:

I got this from personal experience when I wanted to downgrade from Catalina beta to Mojave (Final Cut was not working, so I had to...) 

It was not possible to boot external drives the "normal" way unless you have an old machine. On the newer ones you need to follow this protocol:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208198

macos-high-sierra-startup-security-utility.png.1e770645c59d0c81564fceaf5c0afa3c.png

WOW!!! I hope my MP5.1 will work forever.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:18 PM, Harald said:

Switch off "Look for shared EyeTV Archives" in the "Sharing" Preferences.

Whatever beta version I install, I see this black screen:

some short things I still see on the beta 4 11 version

Install error still existing,

Window resize Error still existing.

Program Chanel list can not be renamed still exists.

Channel Sorting as requested to enable to sort to customer needs still not possible.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-14 um 15.37.01.png

An issue in EyeTV 4.0.0.b10.

When the stream is saved and watched later, the bottom left of the screen shows the name of the current program on that channel - not the one I'm watching at the moment. In fact there seems to be no way to see the name of the program currently watched.

In old (3.x) versions the name was shown correctly beside the time slider, so it was easy to skip programs, even by dragging the slider.

I think the program name should be that of the one shown at the moment, not the one playing in "future" (i.e. the actual time).

5 minutes ago, Apoleon said:

An issue in EyeTV 4.0.0.b10.

When the stream is saved and watched later, the bottom left of the screen shows the name of the current program on that channel - not the one I'm watching at the moment. In fact there seems to be no way to see the name of the program currently watched.

In old (3.x) versions the name was shown correctly beside the time slider, so it was easy to skip programs, even by dragging the slider.

I think the program name should be that of the one shown at the moment, not the one playing in "future" (i.e. the actual time).

Press CMD-i for that information. (and again to remove the information-bar)

But I give you right. The new behavior is quite annoying. I hope they fix this in the final version but am pretty sure we have to live with it. A progress bar of the actual program would be the best option (in conjunction with EPG data).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, seju said:

I have been reading your posts for some time now, but in all honesty a non-admin account is all that came to my mind without having the system in front of me and being able to put hands on it.

What is going on is that Apple increasingly gets more restrictive with permissions. We have currently a serious bug, where you cannot access Desktop, Documents and Download directories over a network on machines running any version of Catalina. This bug is known since Beta and has not been solved yet. In this case Apple increased security for these three folders without any obvious way to customize it, which means you can either chmod them from terminal or adjust permissions from the respective info window and nothing happens!!!

It could well be that you have to set/customize a setting in the new extended security section in preferences.

The error code is also obscure. "Capture could not be started" could refer to the inability to connect a mediastream, but that is something the programmers should know. Depending from the device you are using you probably connect through IP and some sort of protocol ... http? "Capture could not be started" could refer to the fact that the software running on your machine is unable to connect to/the media stream which your device should produce, that would put OS, firewall, ports, .... on your route, but that is only a wild guess .....

Once the software is golden it should work, in case it won't work the next routes would be Geniatech Support + stack overflow or relative sister page of SO ...

Thank you Seju for taking the time for a thoughtful reply, although I may not be clever enough to fully understand all you said.

My TV input is what I would call a "standard cable tv feed" (if such a thing is ever standard.)   In this case my provider here in western Canada is Telus who provide our internet, land line phone service and tv service over a pair of wires from the telephone pole outside to our house.  This pair is split out to provide the basic land line telephone service and then arrives to a single box which is the modem and the router, which provides our internet (ethernet cable and wifi for the house) as well as the tv service to a pvr for recording shows and a couple of set-top boxes.  The pvr and one set-top box serve standard tv sets, while my set-top box feeds (via a coax cable) my faithful old EyeTV 200 box.

While some of the testers of these beta's have reported problems with the program guides not working, I am not affected as I use the guide provided by my tv provider (via the set-top box controls) so I was foolishly expecting an easier time with it.

All this has worked through various upgrades to macOS and EyeTV software over the years up to and including Mojave (with EyeTV 3).  It was only after I switched to Catalina and EyeTV 4 that I ran into this issue.

I will certainly keep plugging along with these beta's - they provide more hope than I had expected going forward and I am most appreciative of the great work this all requires, even if I have to retire my faithful old box at some point.

EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514) OSX 10.15.1 when you do an update channel scan and use apply default sort order this does not work in sorting the channels  but you can manually drag the channels to the correct order 

Beta 11 is working good for my system iMac5K 2014 (10.14.6) No issues found in this version right now, and everything I have had in old Betas is fixed.

Looking forward to update OS soon...

4 hours ago, VictoriaDave said:

Thank you Seju for taking the time for a thoughtful reply, although I may not be clever enough to fully understand all you said.

My TV input is what I would call a "standard cable tv feed" (if such a thing is ever standard.)   In this case my provider here in western Canada is Telus who provide our internet, land line phone service and tv service over a pair of wires from the telephone pole outside to our house.  This pair is split out to provide the basic land line telephone service and then arrives to a single box which is the modem and the router, which provides our internet (ethernet cable and wifi for the house) as well as the tv service to a pvr for recording shows and a couple of set-top boxes.  The pvr and one set-top box serve standard tv sets, while my set-top box feeds (via a coax cable) my faithful old EyeTV 200 box.

While some of the testers of these beta's have reported problems with the program guides not working, I am not affected as I use the guide provided by my tv provider (via the set-top box controls) so I was foolishly expecting an easier time with it.

All this has worked through various upgrades to macOS and EyeTV software over the years up to and including Mojave (with EyeTV 3).  It was only after I switched to Catalina and EyeTV 4 that I ran into this issue.

I will certainly keep plugging along with these beta's - they provide more hope than I had expected going forward and I am most appreciative of the great work this all requires, even if I have to retire my faithful old box at some point.

The only experience I have is with eyetv diversity stick and eyetv netstream 4Sat and its predecessors, the latter are using standard networking protocols to my knowledge. I do not know your product, but "capture" could relate either to the ability of the receiver to capture a signal or of your client to capture the media stream from your receiver. I am sorry that I am not of more help.

I always assumed your problem would consist in starting the new eyetv application ...

Edited by seju

And another bug with EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514):
I cannot change the date of the program guide. There is no way of looking at the program of the next day or the previous (or any other day but today).

26 minutes ago, JanG said:

And another bug with EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514):
I cannot change the date of the program guide. There is no way of looking at the program of the next day or the previous (or any other day but today).

Yes  I have the same issue can not change to any other day

hi,

just installed 64bit Release (8514) on Mac mini with Mac os Catalina.

After starting the Eyetv app I get a setup screen, then in the middle of tipping a black window (TV?) screen pops up and within there is no possibility  

to close this black screen, which shows 16:9 on left upper site.

Only option I found is kill the complete app to get out that.

Any ideas, hints what to do?

This happens every time after starting Eyetv 64bit, so no chance to complete setup.

TIA

Eddie

On 11/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, Mikyesun said:

all - we move to a public beta - so everybody / eyetv customer are invited to join - 

Update v20191114 /v_ EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514):

thank for great, value and open feedback, please keep on doing so, following fixes, in below you will find the latest beta release

1:  Add a apple notarization to the app.
2:  Fixed: Program Guide Displays an empty window and cannot save EPG data state issue.

3:  Generic stability improvements

we keep on improving, thanks for value feedback.

http://file.geniatech.com/eyetv4/EyeTV4.0.0b11_8514.dmg

(this link will be replace by our CDN) 

Eyetv 4 Keys, please use one of the below 5 keys (FYI - will be blocked after 30th November 2019)

1            LBT3D-8L7E9BD-Y56DAKC-HL55D23

2            T4PDA-V9YE9CW-37W78KM-HBG4GA3

3            WKCTK-AS5MPZZ-854VRQY-QH26ZWZ

4            4D2QK-ZPW1VEX-HSKNYXQ-74DNUDG

5            2RGHE-826LQ77-EXPAVN7-ER3XZRW

here is the voting- list for supporting Eyetv Tuner and other third-party tuner solutions- please join.

https://doodle.com/poll/9q4h64ipa5z4v4i6

kind regards
Mike

Greetings

running eye TV diversity on iMac. Following issues:

• remote, only 2 or 3 random buttons do anything, remote unusable 

• select channel using numbered keys on keyboard, eye tv freezes and force quit required every time. happenes at least once overtime used

• double click TV window or select size normal from view, stays full screen, have to repeat steps to get to do as initially required

• only basic functionality, cannot be replied upon, more underlying issues than listed

Regards

I got the beta working with 610. No way to switch receivers, I've got two of 610's. 

I cannot get full screen window and the background is white, showing a bit around top and right edges. 

I cannot get to program guide, not even closing the tv window, as it doesn't close. 

Sound is muted when changing channels. Clicking on the windows restores sound.

Remote doesn't work, old Apple white remote, some random buttons work.

Did I mention, I find the picture quality better than EyeTV 3. EyeTV4 shows much promise but is not ready yet.

I use a Mac mini (2012 model), TV as display with HDMI, two 610's. MacOS 10.14..6 as EyeTV3 is keeping me in Mojave. The other Mac is iMac 21,5 4K 2017. EyeTV Hybrid. Works much better. I can open program guide, live TV window closes when I want them to, sound doesn't mute, Remote doesn't work.