Looking better all the time!

Missing: It is not possbile to enter text in parameter fields in Smart EPG(?)

An individual problem(?): Auto-install of updates fail; download is fine, but won't install. I seem to have an EyeTV.app in Applications which cannot be deleted (exactly same size as beta11, but I can't get Info or open Package contents)

1021458067_ScreenShot2019-11-18at07_27_23.thumb.png.ff0167515e0124f099320bcbf766ab09.png

/Hans

If I open my own channel list under "Channels" I see always station list and no EPG.
I found it useful if I see EPG first and no station list.

Btw: I use eyeTV 310 for DVB-S2 here.
The original remote control doesn't work complete with EyeTV 4.0.0b11 (8514) 😞

Edited by luke1970

Beta11 is close to perfect for me. But I still have audio problems in some cases. Another example here:

http://polysom.verilite.de/tmp/example2.zip

The default audio stream is "AAC German", the "AAC Unknown" normally represents the audio description stream. With Eyetv3 you have proper audio for both audio streams. If you open the file in Eyetv4, you have no sound in the default audio stream ("Unknown" has sound, but this is not the default audio). The audio stream that does not work is a 5.1 stream, the "Unknown" channel that works is stereo. So, something with 5.1 decoding in EyeTV4 seems buggy.

macOS 10.14.6, eyeTV T2 hybrid

15 hours ago, ArminKobler said:

Hallo,
sorry for my english.
the application is crashing always after 3 - 7 seconds.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) ,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
macOS 10.15.1

[cut]

I too am finding 8514 crashes a few seconds after launch. It's hard to test anything but managed to verify AppleScript issues I reported earlier haven't been actioned yet. (It would be nice to have release notes with the versions so we don't need to repeatedly retest, or have I failed to see them?). 

When I run EyeTV 4 from the terminal, it exits (crashes) with the message "Segmentation fault: 11". I'm on a MacPro 2013 (Quad 3.7G, 64G, D300), Mojave 10.14.6. 

I am a Mac developer also. If I can assist with further tests, logs, etc. you're welcome to ask.

15 hours ago, ArminKobler said:

Hallo,
sorry for my english.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) ,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
macOS 10.15.1

[cut]

I too am finding 8514 crashes a few seconds after launch. It's hard to test anything but managed to verify AppleScript issues I reported earlier haven't been actioned yet. (It would be nice to have release notes with the versions so we don't need to repeatedly retest, or have I failed to see them?). 

When I run EyeTV 4 from the terminal, it exits (crashes) with the message "Segmentation fault: 11". I'm on a MacPro 2013 (Quad 3.7G, 64G, D300), Mojave 10.14.6. 

I am a Mac developer also. If I can assist with further tests, logs, etc. you're welcome to ask.

24 minutes ago, John C said:

The same here: On my iMac 5k (2019), Catalina 10.15.1, 8514 always crashes a few seconds after starting it. I tried older versions (b11 - 13) which also crashed. On my MacBook Pro i7 (2015), Catalina 10.15.1 I had no crashes of 8514.

16 hours ago, ArminKobler said:

Hallo,
sorry for my english.
macOS 10.15.1

1. Wenn man nicht gut englisch kann, kann man den google translater benutzen
2. Can you please add such a long text as a file attachment next time?
3. Download the "App Cleaner" and delete EyeTV with this app, including all settings. Reinstall EyeTV, after that it should work again

Issues with beta 11 (on Mac mini 2018, macOS 10.15.1, EyeTV T2 Lite):

•  Can't change day or hours in EPG window with arrow buttons or pop-up list at top of window, display stays at current day/hour
  • Table column headers in Channel view still have a transparent background, making them hard to read when table is scrolled up and table/header text overlap
  • When TV window is in full screen mode, switching back to smaller size with green button in the top left corner doesn't work. Window has to be closed with red button and opened again to appear in smaller size
  • In EyeTV v3, the EPG window could be summoned with key shortcut cmd-G, in v4, this is possible only if TV window is open, otherwise ctrl-P is the only shortcut that works

Otherwise, beta 11 seems to work fine for watching TV. Still haven't tested recording yet, though.

Hello people, I'm new here so hello first.

EyeTV4 runs here on a Mac Mini (late 2009).

I have no crashes on or after the program starts.
For me, it's getting to a final version.

Of course there is still a lot to improve. And that would be:
- Make the transmitter column opaque in the EPG or visually differentiate it
- Why not in the daytime, as in the V3, arrow keys?
- The number of broadcasts found on the SmartEPGs, recordings and programmed recordings is missing.
- in the list with the programmed recordings, the indication of the episode is missing, one can not understand in the case of continuous recording which programming belongs to which episode.
- Applescript does not seem to work
- From Fullscreen back to the previous window size does not work
- When updating the EPG, the prefs have the time of the last update in them, but not on which day. Since it can happen that the specified update time on today can not be reached at all because the indication refers to an earlier day.
- when opening or closing the smartlists, etc., the program crashes.
- sometimes the program does not start automatically after booting.

What do you think about installing a switch in the settings which shuts down the computer after a recording?

just my 2 cents

Fred

As EyeTV4.0.0b11(8514) continuously crashed I deleted the program and all files with AppCleaner. Now my geniatech-account for the EPG is not recognised anymore. I always get the message: "Invalid Login name or Password." even when I click on the activation-link I received this summer by geniatech. What can I do to get the EPG back?

On 11/15/2019 at 11:50 PM, seju said:

I have been reading your posts for some time now, but in all honesty a non-admin account is all that came to my mind without having the system in front of me and being able to put hands on it.

What is going on is that Apple increasingly gets more restrictive with permissions. We have currently a serious bug, where you cannot access Desktop, Documents and Download directories over a network on machines running any version of Catalina. This bug is known since Beta and has not been solved yet. In this case Apple increased security for these three folders without any obvious way to customize it, which means you can either chmod them from terminal or adjust permissions from the respective info window and nothing happens!!!

It could well be that you have to set/customize a setting in the new extended security section in preferences.

The error code is also obscure. "Capture could not be started" could refer to the inability to connect a mediastream, but that is something the programmers should know. Depending from the device you are using you probably connect through IP and some sort of protocol ... http? "Capture could not be started" could refer to the fact that the software running on your machine is unable to connect to/the media stream which your device should produce, that would put OS, firewall, ports, .... on your route, but that is only a wild guess .....

Once the software is golden it should work, in case it won't work the next routes would be Geniatech Support + stack overflow or relative sister page of SO ...

In response to your third paragraph I have been doing some more investigations of settings in my Systems Preferences > Security & Privacy under the Privacy tab.  I went through all the different areas in the sidebar there and  found EyeTV under the Contacts category.  It was unchecked here but tried checking it and relaunching with the same result.  i.e. no change.  I sure don't understand why EyeTV would need access to my Contacts anyway so have left this unchecked.

The next category where I found EyeTV listed was "Camera".  it was checked here but I could see no reason why I should allow EyeTV to access my camera so I unchecked it.  With that done, trying to launch EyeTV caused it to crash immediately each time I tried.  (This info may be useful to several others who reported their EyeTV crashed immediately after launching.)  As soon as I checked it back on, my launch was as before, i.e. it would launch and I could run old recordings but not get to live TV due to the "insufficient privileges" dialog.  Out of interest I restarted my iMac from my external drive with Mojave and EyeTV 3 and found that even there, allowing EyeTV to access the camera was necessary.   The app would crash immediately without it, so this isn't something new with the EyeTV 4 betas.

The next area I thought might be an issue was the Full Disk Access category.  There was no sign of EyeTV there but I added it using the "+" button below the listed apps.  It made no difference so I later removed that entry again.  Hopefully I am not kidding myself by neglecting to do a restart after changing such a setting.  I may try this later.

1308923451_ScreenShot2019-11-18at11_37_09AM.thumb.png.d3ebbf580a406be5b2362c56245dd03e.png

Finally I moved on the the Files & Folders category where I found a couple of instances of EyeTV listed.  I wonder if others have more than this?

383373790_ScreenShot2019-11-18at11_35_33AM.thumb.png.132a05e00aaffe66f473770d7e8ab17a.png

So no farther ahead at this point.   I suspect there is something on my iMac interfering with this launch but sure can't think of a way to proceed at this point.

Hi,

I've just started using eyeTV4 beta prior to upgrading to Mac OS Catalina - Mac mini with eyeTV Diversity tuner and OS 10.14.6

So far the beta is working OK but I've noticed several user features missing from earlier versions:

1. Command-0 (zero) to enter full screen, or any other shortcut key combination, doesn't work
  2. when in full screen, Esc to revert to normal size doesn't work
  3. the remote control can pause and play but the skip forward and back buttons do not work
  4. when in the recordings panel, the delete key or Command-backspace keys do not delete the program

Hope this helps,

Andrew

3 hours ago, VictoriaDave said:

The next category where I found EyeTV listed was "Camera".  it was checked here but I could see no reason why I should allow EyeTV to access my camera so I unchecked it.  With that done, trying to launch EyeTV caused it to crash immediately each time I tried.  (This info may be useful to several others who reported their EyeTV crashed immediately after launching.)  As soon as I checked it back on, my launch was as before, i.e. it would launch and I could run old recordings but not get to live TV due to the "insufficient privileges" dialog.  Out of interest I restarted my iMac from my external drive with Mojave and EyeTV 3 and found that even there, allowing EyeTV to access the camera was necessary.   The app would crash immediately without it, so this isn't something new with the EyeTV 4 betas.

So no farther ahead at this point.   I suspect there is something on my iMac interfering with this launch but sure can't think of a way to proceed at this point.

Progress at last!   After seeing that dependency on access to the camera, I recalled I had tried the EyeTV 4 beta in my wife's account my iMac  but it crashed immediately.  Today I returned to my wife's account (a standard / non-admin account) and looked in System Preferences > Security & Privacy under the Privacy tab and found in the Camera category, EyeTV was listed but not checked.  I then checked it and launched the EyeTV app and it worked without a warning that I had "insufficient privileges".  I watched a live TV show for a bit and recorded a bit of it as well to check basic functionality.  All seems good at this level.

So now I know my prior problem must definitely be a conflict with something installed or some setting in my own admin account.  Finding it will be a pain but something I can work on myself.

8 hours ago, jump said:

Still no Netstream 4Sat multiple LNB support. Useless for me if not implemented. Geniatechs own hardware should be better supported.

???

On 11/18/2019 at 7:29 AM, Dalle said:

Looking better all the time!

Missing: It is not possbile to enter text in parameter fields in Smart EPG(?)

An individual problem(?): Auto-install of updates fail; download is fine, but won't install. I seem to have an EyeTV.app in Applications which cannot be deleted (exactly same size as beta11, but I can't get Info or open Package contents)

1021458067_ScreenShot2019-11-18at07_27_23.thumb.png.ff0167515e0124f099320bcbf766ab09.png

/Hans

One of the EyeTV apps is marked by a "Forbidden" sign. It's probably an old, 32-bit version. It should be possible to remove it by a "CTRL-click-and-hold". Otherwise you can "rm" it from the Terminal. You'll need to have admin privileges, though.

Looks great, really interested in Eye TV 4 for Mac!

Here are my findings:-

When scaling down the TV window to half size or small size. The screen aspect ratio goes strange and gets stretched. Also a red line appears at the top sometimes or behind. See attached.

Aspect ratio is set to automatic by the way.

One other little issue is when exporting under the details section. The content explanation is split into two. See attached.

I am using with HDHomeRun Quatro. Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 and haven't seen and picture problems other than above.

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 21.58.20.png

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 21.59.24.png

All remarks pertain to recording/scheduling.

-  major problem! In preferences there is set a “Extended recording time”. Sometimes this is honored, sometimes it is not and then the watcher misses the last minure(1).

-  when scheduling in program window and one adds ’Start time…. Is in the range” then it is only possible to enter time using the up/down arrows. This is very tedious. Faster is to (by hand) enter the wanted time. Just as was possible in v3. 
NB: this (only by using arrows) occurs inn many more places.

-  missing is the “Options” where one could set number of recordings and some more.

-  I do not like the new visual of “Recordings” window. The old oen with a tabular view gave much better information at a glance.

-  same for the “Schedules” window.

Remarks on “Program Guide”:

- when one has set a schedule (or anything else) the Program Window is placed in a different position.

-  in general: in v3 after returning to this window it was always position with channel 1 in the topmost visible position. Now that is Channel 5

General remarks:

-  it would be nice if on could hide the leftmost/black column. Most of the time only the Program Window is needed. Also the footprint is greatly diminished.

-  in All Channels most of the icons ar missing. I would prefer no icons at all over the present view.

-  it is very irritating that there is no sorting possible on the stations..