1 hour ago, rtraill said:

Is it known if EyeTV 4 will support Homerun tuners in particular the 4 channel ones?

Present version does not.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:28 AM, Trebuin said:

You all can get an un-corrupted copy by syncing the file into your dropbox instead of downloading it.

Yes, that fixed that issue for me. Thanks.

So now it installed just fine. Channel search fine. So far so good.

Now I run into a few issues;

1. Tried to make a 'favourite-channels'-list: I can't (re)name it.

While moving some channels to this list and fiddling around with some settings eyetv stopped responding. After restarting I have this issue that i don't know how to resolve:

2. I set the preferences so that eyetv would startup fullscreen. It does start in fullscreen now, but only about 1/4 of the screen is actually visible. It does show the entire tv-picture but only on the left-bottom of the screen. The other 3/4 is just grey area. See attached image to see what i mean.

Once it's like that, I can't exit this state anymore; No cmd-tab, Escape. If I try closing eyetv with the red dot, it goes completely grey. Maximizing the window by clicking the green dot does nothing. Same goes for all the options I can try from the right-mouse-button; No effect. The only thing I can do to get out is cmd-alt-esc or cmd-Q.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Maybe there's a keyboard shortcut to get out of this? I tried reinstalling eyetv hoping it would go away. But it didn't, so it's probably some setting or preference that is not overwritten by the new install. Does anyone know how to reset things to default? Which file or plist has these settings so I can delete or adjust the file?

(I'm running the beta on a 2012 mac-mini w/ 16GB RAM on 10.14.6)

And finally I have a feature request (maybe we are past that already, just asking): Can you please make eyetv respond to the standard apple-remote-commands? I can use my remote with almost any program (spotify, kodi, vlc, video sent over airplay), but with eyetv I can only fast-forward and rewind. I need play/pause, next & previous (channnel in this case) to work to make eyetv a truly great experience.

IMG_1692.JPG

You all can get an un-corrupted copy by syncing the file into your dropbox instead of downloading it.

OK, I don't have a DB account ..... so I'm lost.   😥

OK, I don't have a DB account ..... so I'm lost.   😥

On 9/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, Ton said:

@Mikyesun

I see that you deleted your answer to my question "When can I expect a version that works with Netstream 4C", you replied "tomorrow" (which is today).

It Is policy to remove messages and not very transparant. If you cannot fulfill to a promise just say so but don't change history.

Dear Ton,

sorry cannot follow your context, I may make mistakes in handling forum answering for sure, I am far away from perfect, other can do this better for sure as well,  - honestly appreciate your feedback, but not on this context, not really helpful - It is also a certain way of of respect, if you want to tell me something personally address this direct to me - please do not hesitate, if audience is needed for this, that's a different story.

thank you

Mike

• Like 1

EyeTV4.0.0b4(8057) installed this time without any issues. TV guide still not right channel numbers still not lining up with right channels worse the last beta, Channel 1 is now lined up with 18.  iMac 10.14.6 OS

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 21.30.37.png

Thanks for the new version. Netstream 4C is working now.

Issues I found:

- Hiding playlists lead to crash.

- Sorting Channels per assigned Channel-Number produces a list, where all "trashchannels" are in front of the good one's. They should be at the end of the list (Screenshot)

- Fullscreen with letterbox produces flickering content in the black areas. (Screenshot)

- Timeline not very practical. Should be wider. Should show actual time (like in V3). Also 10 minute indicators (with dashes) are useful (for skipping ads f.e.) (Screenshot)

- Frame around icon is way to big. This does not look good. (Screenshot)

- Fullscreen EPG is gone? :(

- sometimes the info-bar is not at the button anymore, it moves to mid screen. There is no way to bring it down again (restart app helps) (Screenshot)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-13 um 22.19.05.png

Bildschirmfoto_2019-09-13_um_22_31_15.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-13 um 22.52.10.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-13 um 22.56.26.png

Bildschirmfoto_2019-09-13_um_23_00_59.png

Also aspect ratio in fullscreen is always wrong. Even if you force eyetv to use 16:9, the app tries to stretch the picture vertically. This looks like I watch that cone-heads movie (which is awful btw...) 

Screenshot comparison: Fullscreen/windowed

PS: the red bar is also some kind of fullscreen error which sometimes occur.

BTW: I am on 10.14.6, Macbook Pro 15" 2018

I will try on Catalina tomorrow

Bildschirmfoto_2019-09-13_um_23_17_26.png

Bildschirmfoto_2019-09-13_um_23_17_30.png

Edited by eyekey

1489804412_Picture2019-09-14at06_56_28.jpg.3ac628d2fce89e4766f6fffe26072fb4.jpg

What driver ??

180408695_Picture2019-09-14at07_16_40.jpg.444b14648fe24622b68a21c01e50eba9.jpg

Can't resize 

137463167_Picture2019-09-14at09_54_11.jpg.ad0e6d916e78a568928bbc943c526223.jpg

Smart guide can't enter text.

542567789_Picture2019-09-14at10_41_35.jpg.68dab0c250bfd343b260087771cfb128.jpg

Can't rename my channel list. 

Crashes when I enable 'Look for shared EyeTV Archives' after 5 sec.When closing the active window EyeTV crashes.

MacOS catalina beta 19A558d

Feedback for EyeTV4.0.0b4 (8057) on iMac27"  5k with uptodate macOS 10.14.6

- installed this time without any issues beside the warning that the file was downloaded from Dropbox. 👍

- TV guide still not show right channel numbers beside the EPG Informations👎

misc2000

16 hours ago, dennis said:

2. I set the preferences so that eyetv would startup fullscreen. It does start in fullscreen now, but only about 1/4 of the screen is actually visible. It does show the entire tv-picture but only on the left-bottom of the screen. The other 3/4 is just grey area.

Ok, so deleting com.elgato.eyetv.plist fixed this.

That leaves me with just these things:

-Tried to make a 'favourite-channels'-list: I can't (re)name it

-Misaligned program guide (as others have also reported), see pic below

-Column headers showing through the channels, see pic below

-And finally, please, please make my apple remote work:

17 hours ago, dennis said:

And finally I have a feature request (maybe we are past that already, just asking): Can you please make eyetv respond to the standard apple-remote-commands? I can use my remote with almost any program (spotify, kodi, vlc, video sent over airplay), but with eyetv I can only fast-forward and rewind. I need play/pause, next & previous (channnel in this case) to work to make eyetv a truly great experience.

EyeTV4.0.0b3(8056) BETA - Mac-mini 2012 - 10.14.6

Schermafbeelding 2019-09-14 om 12.03.12.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-09-14 om 11.55.45.png

A BIG wish: Let EyeTV open the same window view at start up, as was selected when shutting down. 

I prefer that it opens My Channel list and NOT all channels.

I have EyeTV 4 Beta 4 on my MacBook Pro:
  Model Name: MacBook Pro
  Model Identification: MacBookPro11.3
  Processor type: Intel Core i7
  Processor speed: 2.3 GHz
  Number of processors: 1
  Total number of cores: 4
  L2 cache (per core): 256 KB
  L3 cache: 6 MB
  Hyper-Threading Technology: Activated
  Memory: 16 GB
  Boot ROM version: 156.0.0.0.0
  macOS Mojave 10.14.6
installed in addition to eyeTV 3, the installation was without problems. My tuner is an EyeTV Sat free. A setup was not fully necessary. The settings of EyeTV 3 were recognized.
I like the modern interface. The enormous need for resources is noticeable and annoying. The fan runs constantly on the highest level. The errors with the program guide mentioned here also occur in my case. The logos of the television stations do not appear with all stations. I do not have a subscription to a TV guide. All program data comes from the DVB-S2 stream.
In full screen mode I also get the image distortion. There you cannot switch off the status bar, because the mouse pointer cannot be moved out of the window. It should fade out after a short time. Programs in the guide cannot be displayed in detail. They are not clickable.
Sometimes the recording programming does not work either. Then no click field will appear. Programmed recordings are executed correctly, but editing is awkward. When cutting recordings, the markers cannot be set intuitively and the playback marker cannot be touched and moved. You can't cut scenes out of the recording. It only seems possible to trim the beginning and end. Compressing a clip was amazingly fast. You can't set markers directly at the beginning and end of the clip to export the clip unedited.  When trying to export the clip directly from the list of recordings eyeTV 4 got stuck.
My two cents.

Software: Mojave 10.14.6, EyeTV 4.0b4 (8507).

- In Setup Assistant an error message (set_through_bindings) appear.

- In Setup screen no provider available and as a result no service appears in next window. As a result there is no service provider and no scan is done. The fact that I see all channels is probably because the old EyeTV is available on this system.

- When starting the app then main program window appears but also a big large white window with no possibility to have it disappear. So there is no tuning. Also at close erroneous window appears.

- The window above apparently is the window that should be used for displaying a channel. No matter what channel I chose the window show short the information about current running program and the reverts to the full white window.

- When I record a program (either using the Program Guide or Schedules the there is always a zero byte recording.

- The program guide has a very ugly font. This is maybe also caused by the resolution of the used screen.

- When I try to watch a channel I always get an error message that there is no device connected although the Nextstream is coupled.

- After some time (going back and forward in divergent subwindows) he station number no longer correspond to the given program information. E.g. the 9 should be 1, the 10 should be 2 and so on.

- Not all logo’s are visible.

- The Recordings and Schedules window are good looking.

- I do not use EyeTV Plus, is there a way to get rid of it in the left column.

- I think you should add an option (in Preferences) “Font” there the user can decide which font to use for the right column, left column, and so on.

- I would like to be able to have My Sorting in the program Guide. Just like it was in EyeTV 3.

- When I do a restart/rreboot then all program information is gone and I have to bring the TV.XML file again on the EyeTV icon. This is very time consuming.

I am on Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A558d) now.

EyeTV crashes immediately when opening a LiveTV-Window. Waiting for another beta (ether macOS or EyeTV) for further investigating. For now I am stuck.

Oh, and by the way: Think about a new app icon. The old one looks very ... dated. Everything on a Mac is flattened down these days. Consider doing that, too. Please.

Example:

EyeTV Yosemite.jpg

Edited by eyekey
  • Like 1

The day after.

The zero byte recording has done in other words recording is fine.

I see that the pictures I included in my previous message are now gone. After posting the message they were still there, now all gone. If you need them I will reproduce them. Just tell me.

Rather small problem.

Sharing does not work. Both sharing from v4 to v3 and no sharing from v3 to v4. The culprit is most likely v4 because it also doe not work between two v4 system while two v3 systems is no problem. 

New Beta, still on latest Catalina:

Each startup still prompts for driver install.

Starts ok on an interlaced 576i channel, I can change to any other 576i channel. As soon as I change to a 720p HD channel EyeTV crashes.

Did that a few times now.

I am on Mac Catalina Eye TV 3 sat install ok setup wizard came up then  black screen with ! In triangle can’t get out of apart from shutting down

Is there a possibility to get 3rd party device working or will they be supported in the future? I had to dig out my very old EyeTV 310 and some adapters - but It works. Anyway I'd love to do testing with my Terratec S7. I always thought that it was identical to EyeTV Sat. In this testing environment I am not able to have a look at HD content.

I've been troubleshooting some s-video issues but it turned out to be my cable.  

What I'd like to see is the ability to record video in H265 (HEVC) format for best compressibility.

Also, I screen recorded a video showing issues with the interlacing:
No Deinterlacing: video is smooth, but interlaced (s-video)
Drop field: Smooth, but lines are cut
Motion adaptive and always: Blurry
Progressive: high quality, but video studders; also, the recording does not show this well, but if you select progressive and then select the dropdown as if you were going to select something else, the video smooths out and you have the highest quality video.  This needs to be fixed.

The video is about 361.4MB in size:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zttefthtyw38alj/Screen Recording 2019-09-15 at 9.42.51 AM.mov?dl=0