Mikyesun

Eyetv 4.x for Mac 64 - bit (public beta + preview)

On 1/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, Schnittwerk said:

OH Yes it helps. I change under Debug-Menue the Surround AAC FF to the AAC MC and I can hear again the Dialog at EyeTv! Yipeeeee...

But I have to do it every Time again then I change between the channels. Thanks!

Does this still work with 8520. I do not see the debug menu anymore with 8520.

Howdy!
- Why is the OnScreen menu no longer working? This is essential for an operation with Apple Remote.
- If "Start EyeTV full screen" is selected in the settings, the TV picture only takes up part of the screen. The rest of the background is grey. The full screen cannot be deactivated and the window cannot be closed. The settings can also no longer be accessed. Only the program can be closed. EyeTV 4 will not allow you to change the settings.
Either EyeTV 4 must be completely uninstalled, or, if present, the settings must be changed with EyeTV 3, so that the program does not start in full-screen mode.
This problem has existed since the beta phase of EyeTV 4.
Please change this so that we can use EyeTV again.
Romanus Mikolajek

47 minutes ago, Romanus said:

The full screen cannot be deactivated and the window cannot be closed. The settings can also no longer be accessed. Only the program can be closed. EyeTV 4 will not allow you to change the settings.

Hi Romanus. Did you try pressing command-2 several times? Sounds crazy, but you have to press those keys three or four times to leave full screen.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, Nomis101 said:

Does this still work with 8520. I do not see the debug menu anymore with 8520.

No, it doesn't work with 8519 or, I assume, 8520. I have a ticket out with Geniatech and they are asking for a clip which demonstrates the problem. I see it only with 320kbps AAC surround sound broadcasts but these are not common on UK TV so I haven't been able to get one yet. 320kbps mono and perhaps stereo broadcasts play OK. If you have a clip which has the issue it would be good if you could open a ticket with it.

Hi

Eye TV 4 is crashing when i click on the recording icon within preferences. Is this a know issue? The "stable" build is anything but, really flakey.

10 hours ago, sidg said:

No, it doesn't work with 8519 or, I assume, 8520. I have a ticket out with Geniatech and they are asking for a clip which demonstrates the problem. I see it only with 320kbps AAC surround sound broadcasts but these are not common on UK TV so I haven't been able to get one yet. 320kbps mono and perhaps stereo broadcasts play OK. If you have a clip which has the issue it would be good if you could open a ticket with it.

How did you get a ticket with Geniatech?  I contacted support but never got a response.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, eweri said:

Hello!

8518 is okay, beside missing features

8519 did not find my SAT>IP devices, impossible to use

8520 is okay, beside missing features

Missing features are: looks like Sharing does not work at all, I can use only one tuner fo my SAT>IP devices (DigitalDevices Octopus NET, Fritz!Box 6490). Because of this I do not use EyeTV 4 on a daily basis and can not tell if automatic recording works. As soon as EyeTV 4 can share videos to my other Computers and iOS devices it will replace my EyeTV 3.

Bye,

eweri

Sorry just want to correct my statement: I do not know since which version, but 8520 supports that I can open two Player windows for my two tuners in my SAT>Ip device

14 hours ago, sidg said:

I used the support link at the bottom of Mikyesun's December 19 2019 post, changing the language from Deutsch to English on the web page. Got a response after a couple of days.

https://www.geniatech.eu/de/support/eyetv-4-de/

I did that about a year ago and have not heard anything.

EyeTV 4 shares the same bug as the last few EyeTV 3 builds with it having trouble taking to the tv tuner (older EyeTV 3 build works better).  EyeTV 4 gets stuck in a crash loop if I try to use the FM radio tuner (have sent Apple 8 or more crash reports).  I have tried to report the EyeTV software bug with it failing to talk to the tv tuner (tried 2 different models) and the quality went from 80-100 to 0-.03 quality for the signal from just the update.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, eweri said:

Sorry just want to correct my statement: I do not know since which version, but 8520 supports that I can open two Player windows for my two tuners in my SAT>Ip device

On Netstream 4C you can open 2 video windows (with version 8520). With 8515 I could open 4. It is really strange why Geniatech gives and takes features away with any new new beta (because it still is, besides paying for it). (8518-19 did not even recognize my device).

6 hours ago, Peter van Elden said:

Sorry to interrupt. Can anyone confirm that EyeTV v.20 still will not export in any form compatible with iPhone/Ipad?

i can confirm, even the recording cannot not be reencoded by handbrake, so yes it is massively broken ...

3 hours ago, simiot said:

I bought the release version & it still opens Apple Mail randomly in a split screen. Is their a fix for this?

i do not understand can you elaborate a bit more ?
i have no issues about Apple Mail at all ...

On 1/24/2020 at 7:55 PM, Ondansetron said:

Hi Romanus. Did you try pressing command-2 several times? Sounds crazy, but you have to press those keys three or four times to leave full screen.

Hi Ondansetron,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Command 2 is also the key command for half the screen size. It is also not the window with the video, but the full screen window of the program, which does not disappear. And that prevents the settings from being recalled and all other keyboard and mouse activity. Only Command Q , Command 1+2+3+4 for exiting EyeTV works. But otherwise the comma command for the settings, which can be used to disable full-screen startup, does not work either.

Well, this is funny. I’m running v8520 and command-, (the comma) is working as expected, it shows the settings.

So does command-w with both the video window or the EPG window, it closes them – it doesn’t matter if full-screen or not. By the way, I really appreciate that command-w now finally works.

Edited by Ondansetron

21 hours ago, Gnyffe said:

It's a bug in Mail when it checks for Gmail. It have been for several years.

I hadn't had a problem till the 64Bit Betas... But, yeah it pops up every day several times now. I'm looking in to different hardware now.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, sidg said:

Thanks. I already reported this issue to Geniatech some weeks ago. But they did not respond to me, I used the same support link you quoted above. I have a lot of samples showing this issue. For example, the issue always happens with german TV show "Tatort" (I had to go back to 8518, because of this issue).

I give up.  EyeTV4 to erratic with still serious shortcomings, like incomplete recordings, crashing, beach balling, locks up channels on Netstream 4Sat such that scheduled recordings don't record, interface is rubbish compared to EyeTV3 and other issues noted in this forum.

Gone back to High Sierra and EyeTV 3 (7528).  Don't see Geniatech making significant progress in the near future.  Catalina needs some sorting out also.  Had panic crashes due to USB issue and as I have a 2017 iMac, it's full of USB connections including 2 hubs so as to connect 6 disks, 2nd monitor, BluRay Drive, USB keyboard & mouse and a DAC to drive my stereo. Going to give it about 6 months before Looking at EyeTV4 again.  Have a bootable back up of Catalina with EyeTV4.  Use Carbon Copy Cloner for backups.  One thing I have noticed is adding 16GB to memory seems to have helped performance a lot. Reduced beach balling.

Good luck folks.

iMac 2017, High Sierra 10.13.6, 24 GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, EyeTV Archive on 2TB Raid 0 (2 disks)

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528), Netstream 4 Sat

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, Mr-GC said:

Some people on here repeatedly say that Handbrake doesn’t work… I repeatedly explain that it does, and tell them how to do it, but they just love to complain 🤣

If you want to encode using Handbrake, use “Open source” (or whatever) to select your EyeTV recording from the EyeTV Archive folder. Then… click on “Title” and choose the stream listed at the very bottom — the third one in the list.  The first one is labelled “Thimbnail” — skip that, skip the one below, then use the last one in the list.  People who’ve had issues have emailed me their recordings and it has always worked fine.  It’s fast and the quality is good… and it’s so easy!

Have you had any issues with audio sync?  I've used EyeTV 4's editor to remove commercials from a recording, then compressed the recording.  Then I transcoded to h.264 using Handbrake 1.3.1.  The resulting file plays back correctly on macOS, but when I serve the video over DNLA, from a Synology NAS, my TV plays the audio out of sync with the video.

I have tried a variety of settings, including disabling Auto Passthru in Handbrake.  So far, nothing works.

I don't understand movie file formats well enough to know how to address the problem.  Thanks for any suggestions!

On 1/25/2020 at 5:46 PM, SRP said:

Hi

Eye TV 4 is crashing when i click on the recording icon within preferences. Is this a know issue? The "stable" build is anything but, really flakey.

Same here - i've tried different builds, clean install but nothing helps. Hybrid TV stick on latest Catalina...

18 hours ago, OldGoat said:

I give up.  EyeTV4 to erratic with still serious shortcomings, like incomplete recordings, crashing, beach balling, locks up channels on Netstream 4Sat such that scheduled recordings don't record, interface is rubbish compared to EyeTV3 and other issues noted in this forum.

Gone back to High Sierra and EyeTV 3 (7528).  Don't see Geniatech making significant progress in the near future.  Catalina needs some sorting out also.  Had panic crashes due to USB issue and as I have a 2017 iMac, it's full of USB connections including 2 hubs so as to connect 6 disks, 2nd monitor, BluRay Drive, USB keyboard & mouse and a DAC to drive my stereo. Going to give it about 6 months before Looking at EyeTV4 again.  Have a bootable back up of Catalina with EyeTV4.  Use Carbon Copy Cloner for backups.  One thing I have noticed is adding 16GB to memory seems to have helped performance a lot. Reduced beach balling.

Good luck folks.

iMac 2017, High Sierra 10.13.6, 24 GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, EyeTV Archive on 2TB Raid 0 (2 disks)

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7528), Netstream 4 Sat

Strange Old Goat.  I have almost the exact opposite experience with eyeTV 4 (8520).  For me eyeTV 4 is almost as good as eyeTV 3.  I have very simple requirements for eyeTV.  I manually add the TV programs I want to record. I don't use the TV Guide.  The programs are saved in the eyeTV folder.  Then I use the eyeTV program to play back the recordings I have made.  All of these functions work perfectly.

Are you sure Netstream 4Sat is being supported by the Geniatech developers.  If thy are not supporting your hardware maybe this is the source of all or some of the issues you report. For my set up the Geniatech developers have produced a good software transition fro 32bit to 64bit. Have you sent an email detailing the issues you are having the eyeTV 4 to the Geniatech developers?

I don't edit or export recordings. Also I use a cable box which handles all the tuner functions and not by the eyeTV software or hardware. I have 8 GB of memory and rarely experience beach balling when using eyeTV.

My setup is an iMac 27" macOS 10.15.3 using eyeTV 4 (8520) and the eyeTVHD H 264 Video Capture box.