amsterdamned

HDHomeRun Quatro

This has been discussed before but the previous thread stopped more than 3 years ago, without any input from the (software) vendor.

I previously used 2 x Netstream DTT tuners but these bit the dust and I was forced to move to something with better (hardware) vendor support, hence the Quatro.

EyeTV knows I have a homerun but isn’t aware it has not 2 but 4 tuners.

Surely this is a simple fix??

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

I got a Quatro several years ago, as my 2-tuner HDHR Connect started acting funny. During the very long EyeTV 4 beta phase, several generations of the beta didn't support HD HomeRun tuners at all; when we HDHR-using testers complained, we were told "we are deprecating tuners without many users", and we beta participants screamed. One of the last betas finally restored HDHR functionality, and I discovered that the late beta enabled all four tuners in my Quatro, although EyeTV 3 would only recognize two.

The on again-off again support for HDHR (which, let's remember, EyeTV used to sell as a bundle with its software) persisted through several builds of the release version of EyeTV 4; one build supports the tuner, and the next one drops support :-(  But I don't remember any release build of EyeTV 4 that supports all four of the Quatro's tuners.

Yet another infuriating and arbitrary choice made by Geniatech, who don't seem to be making any effort to keep EyeTV functional at all. The North American EPG has been out for months; not only is there no notice of whether subscribers will be credited for the time when a basic function is out of service, there's been no general notice that Geniatech's even trying to fix the problem.

I'm using previous version EyeTV (3.6.9) on MacOS Mojave with an HDHomeRun Quatro - same problem with only 2 of 4 tuners supported, otherwise works well.  I subscribe to SiliconDust EPG and have that working with the EyeTV app.

Looking at EyeTV 4.x the website does not list any support for HDHomeRun.  
https://www.geniatech.eu/product/eyetv-4/#technical-information

Does the current version (Sept 2023) work at all with HDHomeRun Quatro ?