gwgerrity

How to export in Apple TV format?

Ever since EyeTV 4 became stable, I have been recording videos, with the intent of exporting in Apple TV format, as I used to do with EyeTV 3, to play remotely on my lounge TV. There does not seem to be an export option, and since no manual, How to do it?

I have also this problem with other converter tool, the beginning of video seems to be corrupted.

To solve this, you must cut  the beginning of video in EyeTV with "edit" mode :

- click on the scissors,  2 yellows cursors appears, at left, under the black "time line"

- click on the "+" at bottom left to zoom the video time

- move the right bottom cursor right to the right side you will have all the "time line" yellow and red

- move the left bottom cursor right to have time beginning to 00:00:02

- click on the right 3 dots, you will have a submenu and click on "Save clip as recording"

Now in "recordings",  you have 2 recordings with the same title , the 2nd one with "Clip" under title

Try to export this one , the export red wheel should blink until the end of circle

Now try on the exported file "Open with" and "Others" and look for "TV"

I have tested on Intel and M1

Sorry,  a mistake (not enough cut)

- click on the scissors,  2 yellows cursors appears, at left, under the black "time line"

- click on the "-" at bottom left to no zoom the video time

- move the right bottom cursor right to the right side you will have all the "time line" yellow and red

- move the left bottom cursor right to have time beginning to 00:01:0x

- click on the right 3 dots, you will have a submenu and click on "Save clip as recording"

Now in "recordings",  you have 2 recordings with the same title , the 2nd one with "Clip" under title

Try to export this one , the export red wheel should blink until the end of circle

Now try on the exported file "Open with" and "Others" and look for "TV"

I have tested on Intel and M1

• Like 1

I have had the same problem after updating to macOS Ventura 13.1;. I used to use every 4.0.0 (8520), which now crashes.  

I^ve tried two versions of v4 (8528) but they have the same problems as 8522-8527.

I haven't tried converting an eyetv recording to an appletv but I managed to find two ways to watch recording without the skipping of the picture :

- the export function produces an mp4 files which you view with VLC, Quick Time Player or whatever

- the "EyeTV Archive" location in the preferences, - you'll list of the recordings with the suffix ".eyetv". Control-select a file shows a menu of options of c. 6 files (the names start with, for example, "00000000295905f7" - the file with a suffix of ".ts" is a MPEG-12 Transport Stream which can be opened with VLC or similar.

The second option means you don't have to export the file which may take a long time depending of the size of the recording.

I haven't been able to watch a live recording with these options.

I just hope Geniatech fix the software.