Seriously?

2023 -- Can we ever expect to see EPG data again???

The end of the year is this weekend.... Not only marking the end of 2022... but also...

146 days without EPG data

... at this point all excuses are just that excuses... "engineers' have had AMPLE time to correct the issue. If it is "server related" there's been ample time to correct that as well...

Now.. Giniatech is simply in breech of the agreement they made with users (all users) --- users pay for software with a specific set of features, then pay additionally for EPG data, in return Geniatech agreed to provide the software and EPG data --- Geniatch is breeching the agreement.

I wish I were a more litigious individual... but class action seems relevant. 

FIX THE ISSUE ALREADY!

---------------------

WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GENIATECH - There is ZERO product support.

• Like 2

I have just sent the following email to Geniatech. A waste of time, I know, but it makes me feel better!

"The EPG ceased working in about August 2022. You told us that there was some sort of technical problem but five months later we still have no EPG. Clearly Geniatech has no intention of supplying this service again and that is up to the company. What concerns many former users of the EPG is that we paid an annual subscription for a service that is no longer supplied. It is not good enough to tell us that we will be credited for the period that the EPG was not operational when the EPG is not going to be provided ever again. 

My subscription was paid on 18 April 2022. Would you please now refund the proportion of the subscription from the date the EPG stopped working to date.

Thank you"

9 hours ago, Boan said:

Also continuing to wait for EPG.  Estimated time please?

Does anyone have a good alternative to this problem and/or software?

As I mentioned in a post some time ago, I now use a Humax TV recorder which allows recordings to be transferred to a memory stick. I convert the recorded programs to a Mac compatible format using Handbrake on my iMac and can the transfer them to my iPad to watch elsewhere should I wish. It is a little more laborious than the old Eye TV and EPG system but it is perfectly satisfactory. I would not need to renew my EPG subscription  should it ever return - which, by now, we all know that it will not!

On 1/26/2023 at 12:06 AM, Boan said:

Also continuing to wait for EPG.  Estimated time please?

Does anyone have a good alternative to this problem and/or software?

As stated here, I switched to Plex: 

8 hours ago, Seriously? said:

Plex is a horrible alternative unfortunately. It nowhere close to having the functionality of EyeTV3.

As always, it depends on what you need. I was looking for a new EPG and that's offered by Plex.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:14 AM, Seriously? said:

I can not fathom owning a company and just abandoning customers this way... with no announcement.. not explanation.. no refunds..not even a response... nothing.

Unless there was a media company somewhere which had an interest in shutting down a service which makes it easy to take high quality copies of movies.

Good point ripple but it is easy to copy programmes with a suitable tv recorder which has the facility to transfer recordings via a USB stick to a computer. I posted on this point earlier. My guess is that the Chinese owner of Geniatech has little or no interest in Europe and USA and so won’t spend money on software for those regions.