tsp1965

Applescript to update DVB Guide

Hi all

One of my frustrations with Geniatech is their withdrawal of the online EPG. I don't like only having one week of UK DVB guide and I hated the fact that it didn't update, so I thought I would try treating an AppleScript application to automate that. It's all working for me now so I thought I would post it in case it's of use to anyone else.

Firstly I went into EyeTV4  prefs and unchecked the online EPG service to 'None'. After the obligatory EyeTV4 crash and restart, it was done. The effect of this is to turn the 'refresh' icon (arrows in a circle) in the bottom right of the EPG window from refreshing the online guide to refreshing the DVB guide. This saves having to open the pop-up menu on the gear icon.

Then create an AppleScript in Script Editor, pasting in this:

tell application "EyeTV"

activate

end tell

tell application "System Events"

tell process "EyeTV"

keystroke "g" using command down

delay 1

click (button 6 of splitter group 1 of window "EyeTV4 Programs")

end tell

end tell

Test it using the play icon in Script Editor to check it is working for you. Then save it as an Application.

You can then either run it using Calendar and creating a recurring event that runs the application or run it using Lingon (which is what I did). It fails to run the first time, prompting you to add the application to approved apps in the Accessibility section of the privacy control panel, but thereafter should auto-update happily.

Hope this helps somebody!

Tim

• Like 2